• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Olympique de Marseille ***

City fans are seriously fearing the ketchup effect will literally come out in full flow for Son vs them. Walker is probably still out, so they don't have his pace to rescue them.

well that is a terrific condiment for Sonny to be given by the City fans.

Frankfurt and Sporting looked better than Spurs tonight.
Not hard as we were abysmal.
Perhaps the players underestimated the CL what with all the talk of the PL being the best league in the world and being in a group with no big hitters/ super clubs.
Oh and it is the group of life , the easiest in this year's CL.

First off, Marseille looks like our toughest group opponent. Home win, job done. An away draw will be acceptable.

But we need to keep winning these games against softies like Sporting. Eintracht might not fairly be called soft but they are mediocre at best and porous at the back.
And Marseille didn't even look good at all, apart from rolling around on the pitch with tears in their eyes. Richarlison's headers aside, I don't think we even had a shot on goal? Long spells where we couldn't string together the simplest of passes. They had a properly weak cross attempt that still went through our entire back line. Horrific. Even then they couldn't get a goal. Good thing is that we can grind out a win on such days, and that the second law of thermodynamics prevents us from being this poor much longer.

Sorry. Didn't realize the time differences. Good for you, then. Details, please.

Were Sporting that good for a 3-0 win? Did Frankfart stink out the joint?

If you want to review e.g.
was the covering defender ever going to get to Son? No.
did Davies completely miss the ball and get lucky a few moments before we scored? Yes
how Kane dragged the centre back away, leaving Richarlison in space to score
did Richie push the defender in the back? Not enough.

If you want to review e.g.
was the covering defender ever going to get to Son? No.
did Davies completely miss the ball and get lucky a few moments before we scored? Yes
how Kane dragged the centre back away, leaving Richarlison in space to score
did Richie push the defender in the back? Not enough.
Thanks for posting that. Wow. Only TWO passages of play shown from the first half, and one of those was from stoppage time.

Red card was deep orange at least -- we'd (rightfully) be screaming if the Marseille player hadn't been sent off. Although in the Prem it would probably have been VAR'ed and then rescinded for some joke reason. Unless it was at Anfield, obviously.

Richarlison's first was a tad lucky -- 7 times out of 10, I reckon the keeper saves that. Good power on the header, despite the poor angle. No argument about his second though -- cracking ball in, excellent header.

Great stuff. Playing poorly yet still picking up the win is a good sign, right...?

Last edited:
We could well be dumped out on our arses if we don't play the form players.
Agree, and in-form players who doesn't get rest can and will lead to no-form players. Kane and Son has played every single competitive game they've been fit for many years now. It has to take it's toll. Neither of them has suddenly turned to poo.

Agree, and in-form players who doesn't get rest can and will lead to no-form players. Kane and Son has played every single competitive game they've been fit for many years now. It has to take it's toll. Neither of them has suddenly turned to poo.

I don't think anyone is saying they are bad players, but they are out of form, well son is. Would be interesting to see how harry got on with a new partner, i think he'd pick up.

Good win. Thought the two defensive changes were strange subs at 0-0. However I actually think it made the difference for the first goal. Davies made that inside run that I don’t think Lenglet would this allowing Perisic the time and space to deliver the cross.

Great for Richarlison to get the goals and to see how much it means to him at the end.

Also Tanganga and Davies for Romero and Lenglet seemed the most bizarre sub of all time. Was scratching my head even if both did well.
Weird indeed, but tbf Romero did seem more than a tad out of sorts. Maybe two games in four days was a bit too much to ask of someone coming back from a spell out of the side. Same goes for Lenglet who looked like he's still feeling his way with his new club.

How bad was the crowd trouble? Started after I left. There were a few Marseille fans removed from near us in the South Stand in the first half.

Back