• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Olympique de Marseille ***

We might get a bit more space on the counter against City, which would suit Son well. Doesn't mean much if he can't exploit it, of course. I'm guessing Conte has faith Son will come good sooner rather than later.
City fans are seriously fearing the ketchup effect will literally come out in full flow for Son vs them. Walker is probably still out, so they don't have his pace to rescue them.

Great result, dogbrick performance. Absolutely awful although we never really looked like conceding either. Our big players at both ends of the pitch were abysmal. Son looked like he did up at Boro last year. Couldn't control the ball.

Kulu made a difference. Really good. On Saturday, Richarlison has to play, Kulu should play and Kane will play. That leaves Son on the bench which is a shame as he has such a great record against them. But we're at the point now that it's almost impossible to make a case for him.

Also Tanganga and Davies for Romero and Lenglet seemed the most bizarre sub of all time. Was scratching my head even if both did well.

Disappointed with how we played but it's a win and we're not Liverpool.

Got a win, with an absolutely dreadful performance. Son and Kane seriously out of sorts.

I was watching Haaland in his last game and his movement is absolutely fantastic. Doesn't stop. At the moment Kane seems to lumber around either too deep, or standing next to a defender.
Kane's seemed at times this season like he's running through treacle. Whereas even when slow, he always used to look a step ahead, like Sheringham used to. He's had a lot of minutes in those legs -- I was really hoping that he'd get more of a rest this season, but I guess we need Sonny to be scoring before we can really consider taking Kane off.

He said he was going to rotate in the coming weeks and games, not explicitly for this match IIRC
In other situations, I prefer to keep the balance in that moment and also because in two days we have to play against Fulham and for sure I will make rotations.
-Conte
The way I read into this was a bit more definitive and time-sensitive but it doesn't matter. Conte's fitness regime of doing suicides must be the secret behind whatever he's doing to make all this work.

Great result, dogbrick performance. Absolutely awful although we never really looked like conceding either. Our big players at both ends of the pitch were abysmal. Son looked like he did up at Boro last year. Couldn't control the ball.

Kulu made a difference. Really good. On Saturday, Richarlison has to play, Kulu should play and Kane will play. That leaves Son on the bench which is a shame as he has such a great record against them. But we're at the point now that it's almost impossible to make a case for him.

Also Tanganga and Davies for Romero and Lenglet seemed the most bizarre sub of all time. Was scratching my head even if both did well.

Disappointed with how we played but it's a win and we're not Liverpool.

Agree with most of this. One point: Son did change the game, earning the red. But we were nervous, our touch and passing were off. We need to work on how we play when pressed. We lost our cool tonight.

Agree with most of this. One point: Son did change the game, earning the red. But we were nervous, our touch and passing were off. We need to work on how we play when pressed. We lost our cool tonight.

You're absolutely right and he did well in that passage of play. It did change the game. But it's not enough to keep the others out the team for me at this point.

I've defended Son to the death but I think we're now at the point he has to be benched. I'm sorry to see it, he's my favourite player, but I can no longer make the case for him.

Rest of your post is spot on.

This would be an ideal time for going to a 5-3-2 against lesser teams. Could be easy to drop 1 of the 3 up top.

Back