• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds United ***

I don’t think that there are many on here that rate Dier, Sanchez, Royal or Davies. It’s clear it’s our biggest area for strengthening. We need to buy 2 top quality centre backs and a proper right wing back.

I rate Davies. Thought he did well again.

One of our top priorities should be cover for Kulusevski.

Well done Spurs anyway, eeking out that result on pure guts.

A lot of guts in that. Leaky at the back, going being three times when our confidence was clearly fragile. But fought back.

But there was a lot of quality in there too. Particularly Kulusevski, but others too. And several players that showed composure and quality under pressure, when facing those goals that took us behind. Very good to see.

Thought it was Bentancur's worst game this season but it takes real balls and class to give the ball away like he did and keep showing for it and score two goals. Fast becoming my favourite player. A gem.

Shout to Sanchez as well. I've given him some stick but thought he did really well when he came on. Kulusevski was also outstanding. That pull back for the winner was the sort of footballing intelligence few players are capable of.

I felt physically ill at 2-3. My worst fears of three losses on the spin heading into the WC and a fatal looking negative spiral looked to be coming through. Credit to Conte and the players.

Agree with all of that. Bentancur looked spent, has played a lot of football recently. A shadow of himself. But he kept trying, he kept wanting the ball and had the necessary running and quality to win us the game. That's the kind of mentality we need, particularly when combined with his quality on the ball.

Sanchez did really well. I'm with you on criticising him, but he did well.

Always thought we had it in us to turn it around. We created chances, looked dangerous. But to come back three times and win it. Takes a lot.

I don’t think it is as we can now see it
He comes in and fixed issues
He will also be starting against Brentford
If he starts against Brentford it will probably be in a 352. We need 3 CMs to help move the ball around and create but we also need Kulu starting so we need the 3 forwards. Conte is wedded to 3 at the back so somewhere the maths doesn't work.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The first 2 goals we conceded were down to concentration, Royale doesnt see the danger for first, and Lenglet and Perisic push out without seeing where opponents are for second. It was a very strange game, didnt think we would lose as we looked very good at times while being sloppy, a microcosm of our season.

If he starts against Brentford it will probably be in a 352. We need 3 CMs to help move the ball around and create but we also need Kulu starting so we need the 3 forwards. Conte is wedded to 3 at the back so somewhere the maths doesn't work.

Lost me
He can start in a 2 with PEH
And we can play son, Kane and Kulu up top
That’s 3-4-3 and worked well last season
2 midfielders can create as much as 3 (peh and bentacur have 16 GAs this season so far)

The first 2 goals we conceded were down to concentration, Royale doesnt see the danger for first, and Lenglet and Perisic push out without seeing where opponents are for second. It was a very strange game, didnt think we would lose as we looked very good at times while being sloppy, a microcosm of our season.

The danger, peh ball watching, getting robbed of the ball running 20 yards and not being able to get a tackke in. That danger?

Bentancur is suspended for the Brentford match. He picked up his 5th yellow meaning a one match suspension.

Thought the first was far more on Dier.... The RCB should be defending that and not the wing-back IMO.

Second goal was also Dier, behind his defensive line playing them onside and then having done that he doesn't get anywhere near close enough to the player.

Thought the first was far more on Dier.... The RCB should be defending that and not the wing-back IMO.

Second goal was also Dier, behind his defensive line playing them onside and then having done that he doesn't get anywhere near close enough to the player.
First was definitely Dier not doing enough but the pass and move from Leeds was great and the way he took the ball to shift it to shoot was top notch… it was Kane style. Royal though was kind of half way to where he needed to be and didn’t commit either way, but Dier really was weak
The second wasn’t that bad imo and can happen. I though Hugo was weak as he got his hand there. The line moving up then back happens and it’s rare to get caught like that but any number of players can play people inside
The 3rd goal I saw Sanchez get the blame for but that again was again was a great football and a top finish. Sanchez could have got closer for sure but it was also a foul in Bentacur (same as our first goal was a foul)

First was definitely Dier not doing enough but the pass and move from Leeds was great and the way he took the ball to shift it to shoot was top notch… it was Kane style. Royal though was kind of half way to where he needed to be and didn’t commit either way, but Dier really was weak
The second wasn’t that bad imo and can happen. I though Hugo was weak as he got his hand there. The line moving up then back happens and it’s rare to get caught like that but any number of players can play people inside
The 3rd goal I saw Sanchez get the blame for but that again was again was a great football and a top finish. Sanchez could have got closer for sure but it was also a foul in Bentacur (same as our first goal was a foul)
Sanchez was exposed because Doherty was much further up the pitch as we had the ball until Bentancur got dispossessed. It’s just one of those things that can happen when you lose possession, but the football fan way is that someone needs to be blamed for every goal (and they certainly won’t blame fan favourite Bentancur for losing the ball in our own half). Like you say it was a good goal, sometimes you just have to accept that rather than trying to pin the blame on someone….

Sanchez was exposed because Doherty was much further up the pitch as we had the ball until Bentancur got dispossessed. It’s just one of those things that can happen when you lose possession, but the football fan way is that someone needs to be blamed for every goal (and they certainly won’t blame fan favourite Bentancur for losing the ball in our own half). Like you say it was a good goal, sometimes you just have to accept that rather than trying to pin the blame on someone….
It was a hell of a finish
Again another goal we would love our strikers to score when they do

Nope, Dier had a player on either side of him because Lenglet switched of and never took his man ( not for the first time thsi season). Dier was trying to cover both as it happened so quickly.

Nope, Dier had a player on either side of him because Lenglet switched of and never took his man ( not for the first time thsi season). Dier was trying to cover both as it happened so quickly.
He was 4 yards deeper than the rest of the defensive line playing everyone onside.

Back