• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v EVERTON ***

Just got in and am still fuming, how fudging useless was that clam of a referee. I thought at half time we would be lucky to end up without any injuries as he was quiet prepared to let Everton kick fudge out of us, don't get me started on his playing advantage which seemed to help those committing the original foul.
As I predicted Koeman the Great fell back to his favoured tactic of kicking the ball as far away from their goal as possible and hope something happened, bet Messi can't wait to play for him. Can't wait to see how the media butter him up and tell us how close they pushed us and were unlucky not to get something out of the game.

Just got in and am still fuming, how fudging useless was that clam of a referee. I thought at half time we would be lucky to end up without any injuries as he was quiet prepared to let Everton kick fudge out of us, don't get me started on his playing advantage which seemed to help those committing the original foul.

To be fair to Oliver, there were half a dozen times our own lads steamed into them and I expected the whistle to go - but it never did. Not the first time, either - Oliver seems like a *very* hands-off ref, and his games are consistently like this. Lets almost everything go unless it's deliberately cynical or done with a 0% chance of getting to the ball.

I don't mind that, as long as it's consistent for both sides. And Oliver is usually consistent that way.

To be fair to Oliver, there were half a dozen times our own lads steamed into them and I expected the whistle to go - but it never did. Not the first time, either - Oliver seems like a *very* hands-off ref, and his games are consistently like this. Lets almost everything go unless it's deliberately cynical or done with a 0% chance of getting to the ball.

I don't mind that, as long as it's consistent for both sides. And Oliver is usually consistent that way.

I cannnot see how the Everton player scythe down Kane and does not get booked, what do players think if they can do that and not get booked?

I cannnot see how the Everton player scythe down Kane and does not get booked, what do players think if they can do that and not get booked?

That Funes Mori kick? Yeah, I was incensed by that. On the other hand, Wanyama brought down one of their lads with a similarly late challenge and got away without a yellow - just a free kick conceded, same as with Funes Mori's challenge.

I think it's fair. If they kick us, we kick 'em back. What really p*sses me off is when refs allow people to kick us but dish out yellows when we even look in their general direction, as that c*nt Manuel Da Costa did against Gent.

that's diers season in a nutshell, lack of concentration

whether Toby makes the header or not dier should be tracking tight

Not always. Like I said, if you're a defender and you feel that the header isn't going to be made by the defender(s) on the near side, then you have a decision to make - either you feel you can get to the ball, or you feel you can't. If you can, you commit 100% to getting there and clearing it, because leaving your man unmarked in exchange for a good chance at clearing it is a better gamble than allowing it to go below head height as it crosses the box. That's where it gets *very* hard to defend, because one stray touch off a leg or a chest can send it anywhere - and with 'into the goal' being increasingly probable the further it gets into the six-yard area (until it passes through on the other side).

On the other hand, if you feel you can't get there, *then* you 100% commit to sticking to your man. Either way, though, you commit, 100%. Maybe Dier didn't do that this time - he looked possibly caught in two minds as Toby went up for it. But it's a difficult situation to be in, and that split-second decision making is definitely an acquired skill. Dier's still young and learning, so it's harsh to be *too* critical about moments like these.

As I predicted Koeman the Great fell back to his favoured tactic of kicking the ball as far away from their goal as possible and hope something happened, bet Messi can't wait to play for him. Can't wait to see how the media butter him up and tell us how close they pushed us and were unlucky not to get something out of the game.

I think he is a very basic manager with no obvious structure or principles

His name is getting him further than his achievements

I made a comment to some every fans before he joined that the ginger moirinho would be a better choice

that we were gifted the 3 points instead of earning it ? lookman would have been a real threat with the extremely high line we play/.

I think it's been discussed a few times before. Everton might've been sloppy for our first two goals, but that's part of football. If there weren't any mistakes in football, all matches would end 0-0. I'd say we pretty much gifted them their two goals as well though, if you have to go there.

Not always. Like I said, if you're a defender and you feel that the header isn't going to be made by the defender(s) on the near side, then you have a decision to make - either you feel you can get to the ball, or you feel you can't. If you can, you commit 100% to getting there and clearing it, because leaving your man unmarked in exchange for a good chance at clearing it is a better gamble than allowing it to go below head height as it crosses the box. That's where it gets *very* hard to defend, because one stray touch off a leg or a chest can send it anywhere - and with 'into the goal' being increasingly probable the further it gets into the six-yard area (until it passes through on the other side).

On the other hand, if you feel you can't get there, *then* you 100% commit to sticking to your man. Either way, though, you commit, 100%. Maybe Dier didn't do that this time - he looked possibly caught in two minds as Toby went up for it. But it's a difficult situation to be in, and that split-second decision making is definitely an acquired skill. Dier's still young and learning, so it's harsh to be *too* critical about moments like these.

i don't agree, in each play you do your job first and foremost, if in that action you can make a play the other way then great, but only when the oppositions play has broken down

I love this site, we win a game which all the armchair experts/warriors say we must win, it could/should have been by 3 or 4 but we let in two soft goals and all they can do is moan. They are our own Woolwich TV "Blud Bruvs"
Equally amusing that you resort to abusing the ref that managed the game very well.

Dier was great though for the whole game apart from that

Verts was the best player on the pitch so do we tear into him for falling over for Lukakus goal or do we enjoy all the great stuff he did

I'm not tearing into Dier, i just think if we want to move onto that next level we need another top class CB and move Dier to where he is best.

I'm not tearing into Dier, i just think if we want to move onto that next level we need another top class CB and move Dier to where he is best.

Currently IMO he is ten best English centre back in the country ... the standard may be low but with players like the lad at Southampton goung for £50m apparently it will cost us a fortune to get near to an upgrade unless CCV steps up quickly

i don't agree, in each play you do your job first and foremost, if in that action you can make a play the other way then great, but only when the oppositions play has broken down

Fair enough - I'm just quoting what I picked up from my days in competitive and rec leagues at uni and after it. Could well be that it isn't actually received wisdom to judge the situation the way I'm suggesting.

Equally amusing that you resort to abusing the ref that managed the game very well.

That's a matter of opinion, if you look back at my postings you will see I rarely have a go at refs (apart from their favouritism of top 4 teams) if I have a pet target in the linesmen (I couldn't care less what others wish to title them). As you said our players went into some reckless tackles but I think it's because the ref set the tone with his anything goes attitude. Obvisously my rant is far more amusing than the pathetic moaning which follows ever error made by our players, but they must hope we won't have to put up with Dier much longer and can replace him with a world class CB, good luck with that as they are as rare as rocking horse brick.

Currently IMO he is ten best English centre back in the country ... the standard may be low but with players like the lad at Southampton goung for £50m apparently it will cost us a fortune to get near to an upgrade unless CCV steps up quickly

We won't get an English upgrade on Dier. In terms of the best English centre-backs at the moment, I agree - Stones is (imo) actually worse than Dier, and the only players comparable with him form-wise are Michael Keane and Harry Maguire, both of whom play in deep defensive blocks where they can get away with a bit less skill on the ball and overall judgement (in terms of when to press and when to stand off, as is common in high lines like ours).

I'm fine with him in a back-three. I'm far less comfortable with him in a two-man CB pairing, but he's mostly fine when alongside Toby and Verts.

Back