• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v EVERTON ***

We won't get an English upgrade on Dier. In terms of the best English centre-backs at the moment, I agree - Stones is (imo) actually worse than Dier, and the only players comparable with him form-wise are Michael Keane and Harry Maguire, both of whom play in deep defensive blocks where they can get away with a bit less skill on the ball and overall judgement (in terms of when to press and when to stand off, as is common in high lines like ours).

I'm fine with him in a back-three. I'm far less comfortable with him in a two-man CB pairing, but he's mostly fine when alongside Toby and Verts.

Cahill is up there too

I really like the Bournemouth lads cook an Francis

But the standard is poor

Cahill is up there too

I really like the Bournemouth lads cook an Francis

But the standard is poor

True, forgot about Cahill. Bournemouth, not so sure - they play some pretty stuff and have a lot of skillful young domestic players, but their defensive record is horrendous. Sort of the archetype of what we would be if we were a newly promoted side, I feel. :p

This could be our best season in the Premier!
What were the fans like.
They should be really getting behind the Team at this stage of the season.

And should be really behind them ...in fact the ground should be rocking IMO!

I bet it was not like that though..so how was it?

What were the fans like.

It was good after we scored, then died away for periods, but as always, it's a bit subdued when we have an early kickoff.

What were the fans like.

On the telly, it sort of went up and down - quiet in the beginning, stadium was rocking for a bit when the goal came, went back to being quiet until the second goal, and then a lot of noise from then until the third goal. Valencia's goal was pretty funny in that respect - don't think I've ever seen us go from celebrating a goal to being shocked into silence so quickly. :p After that, it was just whistling for the game to end.

C6KjvD6U8AUoZf0.jpg:large

C6KkI7_WYAA5EDV.jpg

C6KkJtfWAAA5JIr.jpg

I love this site, we win a game which all the armchair experts/warriors say we must win, it could/should have been by 3 or 4 but we let in two soft goals and all they can do is moan. They are our own Woolwich TV "Blud Bruvs"

you're surprised people moan about conceding soft goals?

you're surprised people moan about conceding soft goals?

Not surprised, just disappointed how some people only want to see the negative in any situation, I'm sure Mr Magoo and Moanhino would have loved to have had a win like that and be telling the world how great they and their team were. I look forward to next season when we can dump Vertonghen, Davies, Wimmer, Dier, Sissoko, Lamela, Eriksen, Son and Janssen and replace them with better players that drop seamlessly into the team and everyone will be happy.

Not surprised, just disappointed how some people only want to see the negative in any situation, I'm sure Mr Magoo and Moanhino would have loved to have had a win like that and be telling the world how great they and their team were. I look forward to next season when we can dump Vertonghen, Davies, Wimmer, Dier, Sissoko, Lamela, Eriksen, Son and Janssen and replace them with better players that drop seamlessly into the team and everyone will be happy.

I think there is a difference between wanting perfection and wanting players to perform in a way which they have consistently done so in the past

@Bedfordspurs made the point earlier that we had the best defence in the league, which is correct, but we didn't play like it today

my concern, and the cause of my disappointment today, is that we are still making these silly mistakes and that it may cost us points in future games

I think there is a difference between wanting perfection and wanting players to perform in a way which they have consistently done so in the past

@Bedfordspurs made the point earlier that we had the best defence in the league, which is correct, but we didn't play like it today

my concern, and the cause of my disappointment today, is that we are still making these silly mistakes and that it may cost us points in future games

They hadn't tested the goal until they scored and that came as Jan slipped

We are an outstandingly good sensible unit and every team in this league would love to only have our fudge ups

What silly mistakes did we really make today

We were cruising and jam slipped... a mistake but one that happens to the very best (which is how he played today IMO)

And their second right at the death as we didn't have anyone clear the lines. I'd argue that even conceding the free kick in the first place was a mistake but we're not infallible

Everton were prettified of us so much they played 3 defensive midfielders, moved a midfielder into attack to bolster their numbers and had no support whatsoever for their only real attacker.

We're a very very good side that is on a big upwards curve still and we play some great football

I suspect their last goal was a mentality thing. The defence/DMs were still celebrating our goal rather than fully focusing on the free kick.

As for Verts falling over, that's always a risk when you are 1vs1 against a player of Lukaku's strength. He only has to be slightly off balance and get a nudge. He was trying to back pedal quickly, while Lukaku was advancing quickly, he could have taking a slight knock, got his studs caught, it is excusable. Overall I thought he had an impressive game.

On the telly, it sort of went up and down - quiet in the beginning, stadium was rocking for a bit when the goal came, went back to being quiet until the second goal, and then a lot of noise from then until the third goal. Valencia's goal was pretty funny in that respect - don't think I've ever seen us go from celebrating a goal to being shocked into silence so quickly. :p After that, it was just whistling for the game to end.
Yes.. That's the thing about some of our fans...going silent when your loosing some confidence because the other side
Scores is not good. It's like "you only sing when your winning"
I have to say if there were 36000 me,s in the ground we would have won the Premier at Christmas!
On the other hand .imagine them all being Scara,s! LoL...definate relegation fears!

Seriously though. I wish the fans would get behind the players more.....

Yes.. That's the thing about some of our fans...going silent when your loosing some confidence because the other side
I have to say if there were 36000 me,s in the ground we would have won the Premier at Christmas!
On the other hand .imagine them all being Scara,s! LoL...definate relegation fears!

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. A lot of people go to a game with their families, and don't feel like singing. Whenever I go to see my local team in Norway I don't sing, as I don't really care too much (maybe we have a few of those as well). I imagine the less drunk you are, and the older you get, the less likely you are to sing. Also, basically no one on the West Stand and Paxton are singing anyway, and East close to Paxton is pretty quiet as well, so I imagine getting those parts of the ground going in the first place is difficult.

Which is why it's really important that we get the people that really want to sing into the 17k tier on the new stadium! Crucial, even! I actually wish the club would go out and say something about this.

I agree it makes the experience better when the fans get behind the team but I don't think it makes a lot of difference to the result, Palace have the noisiest fans but they are struggling at home, I do think negative vibes from the fans can have an adverse effect on the team performance as we've seen at West Ham and Woolwich

• Tottenham have won nine consecutive Premier League home games; their longest winning run in the competition.
  • Spurs are unbeaten in their first 14 home top-flight league games of a season for the first time since 1964-65.
  • Since the start of last season no midfielder has scored more Premier League goals than Dele Alli (23).
  • Harry Kane has scored 14 home league goals this season, the highest number ever recorded by a Spurs player in a single Premier League campaign.
  • Kane has netted 14 times in 12 competitive apps in 2017 for Spurs.

I have to say. I was always an absolute fanatic on some games,
It always astounded me by the attitude of some fans.
They might as well have watched the game at home for the support they gave to the players.

Mind you I was brought up as working class lad in Walthamstow.
We could walk across Tottenham marshes from where I lived.
A lot of gooners now live where I grew up. And they have a bloody training ground at the crooked billet
Walthamstow.
If that,s not coveting the local fan,s support I don,t know what is!

I wonder how that could have come about? We hardly knew any arse fans back in the good
Old day,s in Walthamstow. There was none at our school! We also were the no 1 club in London by a considerable bit in fan numbers at WHL.
Anyway..things in life change.

Job done, pressure game against a side in form.

Two mistakes from two defenders that otherwise had excellent games, 3-2 completely flattered them.

Kane & Ali in form, record run extended at home.

Enjoy you sorry motherfudgers ...

Back