• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

To be fair to Neville and Carragher, how we played first half was suicidal. We coughed up several chances through trying that. It’s mad stuff, especially at City.
But we played exactly to the same beliefs in the second half but just did it better. (Except the near instant balls up in the 1st minute of the second half:)).

Doku going off helped that right side of our defence and BJ kept Walker more honest down the left.

Different players bring different qualities and some also match up better against their opponent.

But we played exactly to the same beliefs in the second half but just did it better. (Except the near instant balls up in the 1st minute of the second half:)).

Doku going off helped that right side of our defence and BJ kept Walker more honest down the left.

Different players bring different qualities and some also match up better against their opponent.

We tend to improve second half (bit of a theme with us). I think Ange is really trying to work hard to get past scars out the system, Its likely going to take the old guard to leave for that to get through totally, its also going to take the better players back IMO.

But I agree with you that we improved the execution second half, also the part about Doku, he was a real threat and as much as Grealish scored he slows them down no end

This feels like a pivot moment

- Lose and it's 4 on the bounce (been a long time), the naive conversation gains strength, the players maybe start to doubt
I think you're way off with thinking the players start to doubt.
And certainly not via a load of lazy media narratives.

The simple reason the players are onboard is they are enjoying themselves.

Oh yes I see why so many have disliked this comment as we need to take 6 points from the next two games to make last night a worthwhile exercise, my apologies.

And why is that? Who decided that we would have a guaranteed six points from the next two matches had we followed your suggestion?

I think we might have more chance to get those six points now than we had if we followed your plan. Team confidence will be elevated and should be a good crowd backing for the home matches. Plus Romero back.

I only watch the games on mute and never the 2 hours of dross either side of the match, but I find it amazing that the media employ old blokes who no one in the game will employ to tell everyone how it should be done, from what I read and hear they talk about the game they played in over 10 years ago not the present. The worse thing about the pundits is they have bred a nation of mini me's and its virtually impossible to talk to anyone about a game without detail analysis of players or incidents, gone are the days of "he was crap today" , "that looked offside" or "we're looking good this season" we live in a world of "expert opinion".

Last edited:
Emerson has probably never played in that position in his life more than 2-3 times, and yet he followed orders, and yet the manager prefers him to Dier in that position. Hopefully Romero there Thursday and we wouldn't have to call on him in that role again.

Your last point is the relevant one, we hung in there, we made mistakes, we gave up opportunities but we stayed in game and looked to hurt City anytime we could, cut out 2-3 mistakes and if Dias hadn't made a great block, we could have won that game easily on merit (yes, could have gone the other way as well).

This side is proving to me, we are a good team, we won't roll over and we can mix it up with pretty much anyone. Can we do it consistently? think we need the squad back to answer that.
To be fair, I believe Dier was unavailable yesterday and last Sunday due to injury, so not quite sure what the pecking order would be otherwise.

Yeh, I get the world feed - live in Sydney, and have fudging Beglin on too often. Including in this game. I literally had to mute him and the other guy (think it was Connor Mcnamara or something) for a few mins in the first half - they were driving me up the wall.

Beglin in particular, didn't seem to have one fudging iota about how we play. He kept banging on in surprise about the advanced positions Udogie took up as well as the positive runs he made. At one point he literally exclaimed "I hope someone is there to cover the lad?!" -- apparently Beglin has literally never watched Spurs play under Ange / has no idea that this is literally our system, our approach, and what Destiny & Porro do all day every day.

Offers literally zero insight, In fact the opposite applies - the more you listen to him the dumber you feel o_O
Beglin has watched spurs many, many times. He’s just a macaron.

Would have loved to see us against them with both our best XI's. As Pep said, we make football a better place.

It is all about belief. That we equalled them (with many players out) gives the squad compound belief. Work this way, follow this path, and we can be as good as them. It needs backing up with shrewd signings. Quite often when new managers come in, they can see exactly what is needed. And the summer signings were spot on. The next summer, it is almost as though managers are too close to have perspective. And it becomes less clear what is needed to take the next step again.

But with Agne you get the feeling that he believes in winning, and has plenty of experience doing so. So just buy-in and follow (fans/players). And he has an element of being aloof. He can be a mate and father figure, but he's also seperate, thinking thinking thinking (getting perspective). So I believe he might be better equiped to guide our transfer spending - than someone like Conte who wanted Richarlison etc.

Key to success and beating the likes of City are primarily twofold: transfers. We don't get the luxury of too many mistakes as city or chavski have been able to soak up in the past. And then belief in a system and following it knowing it will deliver.

really poor error from the ref, but that’s a long way from being a goal for City, he’s got no City players anywhere near him and there were 2 defenders on Grealish about 1 yard or so behind him, he’s not the quickest and added to that he’s even slower running with the ball (as is everyone). Reckon that’s less than 50/50 he even gets a shot off of any quality let alone scores. He’s certainly not rounding the keeper and just rolling it in, let’s put it that way.
As far as I could see one of our defenders was already gaining on him, and he had some way yet to go. I genuinely don't think he would have made it to be one on one with the keeper....

Do they not want to wait a few years before charging them for this?

Emirates Marketing Project: FA charges champions with failing to control players in Tottenham game

We tend to improve second half (bit of a theme with us). I think Ange is really trying to work hard to get past scars out the system, Its likely going to take the old guard to leave for that to get through totally, its also going to take the better players back IMO.

But I agree with you that we improved the execution second half, also the part about Doku, he was a real threat and as much as Grealish scored he slows them down no end
Doku didnt get anything off porro
porro is deceptively quick and just stood him up

I still do not understand why that is a booking. It is no more of a time waste than the celebrating, plus they have other balls. Must be similar to the stupid 'shirt off booking' bollox
It's a stupid rule, especially after the new added time practice this season. Both are stupid rules, IMO. Why penalise celebration instead of properly going after cheating and injury feigning?

It's a stupid rule, especially after the new added time practice this season. Both are stupid rules, IMO. Why penalise celebration instead of properly going after cheating and injury feigning?
It's a rule, like any other rule. Just leave the fudging ball. It's not that hard.

They were much better with him on though as IMO he pushed Porro back and we had no success that side getting forward. That changed with Grealish who basically ambles about.
Doku is mustard, and we had four players on him at one point. When he finally got one-on-one with someone (Davis) I was thinking brick!, he then cut inside and hit the bar/post.

Back