• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Doku caused problems because we defended stupid*, let him come inside time after time rather than pushing him towards the corner.

*thankfully so did he

They were much better with him on though as IMO he pushed Porro back and we had no success that side getting forward. That changed with Grealish who basically ambles about.
Maybe
Hard to tell as we changed teams at half time too and that may have changed the dynamic

It's a rule, like any other rule. Just leave the fudging ball. It's not that hard.
I think it's symptomatic for how the game is governed that you are penalised for kicking the ball away as a form of celebration after a goal - where instant restart is no option - while players frequently pick up and carry the ball several meters to avoid quick free kicks, without any repercussions. There's no logic to it, and certainly no consistency.

I think it's symptomatic for how the game is governed that you are penalised for kicking the ball away as a form of celebration after a goal - where instant restart is no option - while players frequently pick up and carry the ball several meters to avoid quick free kicks, without any repercussions. There's no logic to it, and certainly no consistency.
Just a way for referees to give the impression they have control. I agree, it's absurd the things they let go in comparison.

Doku caused problems because we defended stupid*, let him come inside time after time rather than pushing him towards the corner.

*thankfully so did he

It's easy advice to give, a bit like saying "Oh you're marking Messi? Just stop him coming inside on to left foot, job's a dream." It's really not that simple.

Doku's strengths lie in his pace from standing still over five yards, if your sole aim is to force him one way he'll just torch you the other way and the guy isn't completely inept on his weaker foot.

We did a pretty good job considering apart from the Davies incident where he should have scored but that's just a nightmare match up which we managed to avoid from then on in..

It's easy advice to give, a bit like saying "Oh you're marking Messi? Just stop him coming inside on to left foot, job's a dream." It's really not that simple.

Doku's strengths lie in his pace from standing still over five yards, if your sole aim is to force him one way he'll just torch you the other way and the guy isn't completely inept on his weaker foot.

We did a pretty good job considering apart from the Davies incident where he should have scored but that's just a nightmare match up which we managed to avoid from then on in..

Too many times we look for the fault on ourside than accept that sometimes the player is mustard. Lets be fair we can't blame Davies for not being as good as Doku, or at least I can't haha, thats just sometimes how it is.

I said before you rarely read the breakdown as "They were just the better side" usually people want to drill it down to stages as far back as a minute and pin a goal on kicking the ball out or a silly tackle. No doubt some goals are a fault of a player but also if players didn't make mistakes or the oppo were not brilliant in phases there would be no goals ever.

Too many times we look for the fault on ourside than accept that sometimes the player is mustard. Lets be fair we can't blame Davies for not being as good as Doku, or at least I can't haha, thats just sometimes how it is.

I said before you rarely read the breakdown as "They were just the better side" usually people want to drill it down to stages as far back as a minute and pin a goal on kicking the ball out or a silly tackle. No doubt some goals are a fault of a player but also if players didn't make mistakes or the oppo were not brilliant in phases there would be no goals ever.

That's what annoys me about all the pundit and stat stuff, virtually every goal scored could have been stopped at some time in the build up.

We’ll get there :p

Wish we could have someone like him commentating on live football.

Yep, the key takeaways were interesting

Pep tried to match us up and that caused us issues finding a pass out route (we normally outnumber people in midfield with FBs in)
Gio's free role caused issues, and his "perfect" game (40/40 passes made)
PEH not only added physicality but by sitting an extra man deeper gave a pass out route that wasn't available in 1st half
Bissouma was playing to the plan

When you watch that you realize how poor commentary/analysis is in UK most days

Wish we could have someone like him commentating on live football.
that was a very good watch. The chances though of our pundits being able to put down their built in thinking from "when I played" is very low. Maybe they will get more used to it as the season goes on. But does not seem like it.

The possesion percentage overturn in the 2nd half is a great stat. I think also their 3rd goal was one of only 3 shots in the second half.

You don't need to be a robot to not kick the ball out of the stadium, or not take off your shirt after scoring a goal.

Why make emotional expression a bookable offence? Shirt removal bookings? Are the rule maklers jealous of their incredible torsos? It's silly!!!!!!!

Why make emotional expression a bookable offence? Shirt removal bookings? Are the rule maklers jealous of their incredible torsos? It's silly!!!!!!!
We had a couple of years where sweaty players would take their shirts off and be unable to put them back on. Somehow they had a lining and were soaked wet and the pampered thick players couldn't put them back on.
Also it encourages slogans on shirts underneath.
So for one reason or another, they rightly started booking players for taking their shirt off.

We had a couple of years where sweaty players would take their shirts off and be unable to put them back on. Somehow they had a lining and were soaked wet and the pampered thick players couldn't put them back on.
Also it encourages slogans on shirts underneath.
So for one reason or another, they rightly started booking players for taking their shirt off.
You seem to know alot about this Bullet.

Back