• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

I did it for a few when I was around 15/16 for pocket money as the local club paid for a few of us to do the course.

Must have been around the same age groups as you, it's awful, it seemed every week you had some parent scream at you as if you are stopping little Timmy from Hassocks under 10s becoming the next Beckham.

I gave it up after a year, wasn't worth the hassle.

I had no intention of progressing beyond a Saturday morning job, but how many refs have been put off from doing it up and down the country?

The Level of refs we have here is 100 percent down to the FA not protecting grass roots refs

Someone mentioned it before on media (re ex players)

- They should be a program to get ex players (target championship & below) into the profession (they know the game)
- They should protect refs (Haaland absolutely should be fined/punished for his behavior)
- Similarly they should be reviews of ref decisions with them after each game with analysis, with a goal of improving decisions over time

The issue for me in the game is you have a system that falls over itself to protect bad refs/calls and you have managers who are completely over the top in their deflection to anyone but themselves, and fans and media that lap up hyperbole (worse decision ever, a call that has never been made, type flimflam)

Emerson has probably never played in that position in his life more than 2-3 times, and yet he followed orders, and yet the manager prefers him to Dier in that position. Hopefully Romero there Thursday and we wouldn't have to call on him in that role again.

Your last point is the relevant one, we hung in there, we made mistakes, we gave up opportunities but we stayed in game and looked to hurt City anytime we could, cut out 2-3 mistakes and if Dias hadn't made a great block, we could have won that game easily on merit (yes, could have gone the other way as well).

This side is proving to me, we are a good team, we won't roll over and we can mix it up with pretty much anyone. Can we do it consistently? think we need the squad back to answer that.
On your last point, we did it yesterday against the best side in the league, away from home and missing some very key players to the system (VdV, Romero, Maddison, Sarr and Bentancur most notably). If ever there was a time you’d excuse a hiding, yesterday was it.

Someone mentioned it before on media (re ex players)

- They should be a program to get ex players (target championship & below) into the profession (they know the game)
- They should protect refs (Haaland absolutely should be fined/punished for his behavior)
- Similarly they should be reviews of ref decisions with them after each game with analysis, with a goal of improving decisions over time

The issue for me in the game is you have a system that falls over itself to protect bad refs/calls and you have managers who are completely over the top in their deflection to anyone but themselves, and fans and media that lap up hyperbole (worse decision ever, a call that has never been made, type flimflam)

Wouldn't touch ex players myself, most of them don't know the laws currently, plus you don't know what bias they have towards certain clubs/players could be a random dislike after something that happened in their career, ex team mates son etc etc.

I am all for refs being held to task over calls, but unless they have the basic ability how much can they really improve?

Yesterdays call was bad, but you can see what he was thinking, he didn't think they had advantage, happens most weeks and I've seen "worst decision I've ever seen" all over the place, I can only assume these people have never seen football before.

Yesterday could be cleared up with him coming out and explaining the thought process behind it

Haaland should be banned after his outburst, so should Klopp/Arteta etc every time they go off on a rant.

The worrying part is we have much better refs than a lot of places.

A good point but anything less than 4 points and no injuries in the next two matches shows we would have been better off resting everyone today and losing 8-0.
Oh yes I see why so many have disliked this comment as we need to take 6 points from the next two games to make last night a worthwhile exercise, my apologies.

Why so many comments on the referee and some random bloke on X who said it was fixed? Who cares.

I hope for west ham Dorrington gets a chance. He would have Romero next to him so perfect game to blood the youngster.

I thought Keane was balanced, sounds like abit of a fan about the mentality but had questions about overplaying which he would given his style, but I thought he was fair.

I take the refs mistake as it favours us, but my GHod is the officiating bad now at this level, I could not even attempt to work out what he was trying to do and as with all ref mistakes, we will never find out.

I thought Keane was balanced, sounds like abit of a fan about the mentality but had questions about overplaying which he would given his style, but I thought he was fair.

I take the refs mistake as it favours us, but my GHod is the officiating bad now at this level, I could not even attempt to work out what he was trying to do and as with all ref mistakes, we will never find out.

This is the thing, certain mistakes you can understand and are part of the game. There's a lot of grey areas which can be debated to death and depend on someone's personal opinion ie what is reckless or excessive force. But the call you're talking about is still as bewildering as it was at the time. Sky audio has confirmed he hadn't blown the whistle for the initial foul so that blows that theory out of the water.

I like Ange's view of not being overly critical and being respectful of the refs but there's got to be a limit. It just happens that we've had a couple of outrageous mistakes go in our favor, this one and the Liverpool offside, but whether it's for or against us, those mistakes just can't be acceptable at this level of the game. It shouldn't be the story of the game and I thought Pep was pretty reasonable in his assessment of it without wanting to personally lay in to the ref.

If anything, in the press the reaction Haaland showed had been focused on more than the rooster up itself, I don't want to condone players / staff screaming at refs but it's pretty tough to remain composed at that level of fudgery..

That's brilliant. I live in Canada so I don't get the sky commentators.

But I had the same thing being said in mine. It's what they were trained to do as former players.. They know no different.

I think mine was Jim Beglin. The world feed. I never get big nose or Neville's etc

Yeh, I get the world feed - live in Sydney, and have fudging Beglin on too often. Including in this game. I literally had to mute him and the other guy (think it was Connor Mcnamara or something) for a few mins in the first half - they were driving me up the wall.

Beglin in particular, didn't seem to have one fudging iota about how we play. He kept banging on in surprise about the advanced positions Udogie took up as well as the positive runs he made. At one point he literally exclaimed "I hope someone is there to cover the lad?!" -- apparently Beglin has literally never watched Spurs play under Ange / has no idea that this is literally our system, our approach, and what Destiny & Porro do all day every day.

Offers literally zero insight, In fact the opposite applies - the more you listen to him the dumber you feel o_O
Beglin is poo.....but you're missing nothing with Sky, trust me.

really poor error from the ref, but that’s a long way from being a goal for City, he’s got no City players anywhere near him and there were 2 defenders on Grealish about 1 yard or so behind him, he’s not the quickest and added to that he’s even slower running with the ball (as is everyone). Reckon that’s less than 50/50 he even gets a shot off of any quality let alone scores. He’s certainly not rounding the keeper and just rolling it in, let’s put it that way.

Last edited:
This is the thing, certain mistakes you can understand and are part of the game. There's a lot of grey areas which can be debated to death and depend on someone's personal opinion ie what is reckless or excessive force. But the call you're talking about is still as bewildering as it was at the time. Sky audio has confirmed he hadn't blown the whistle for the initial foul so that blows that theory out of the water.

I like Ange's view of not being overly critical and being respectful of the refs but there's got to be a limit. It just happens that we've had a couple of outrageous mistakes go in our favor, this one and the Liverpool offside, but whether it's for or against us, those mistakes just can't be acceptable at this level of the game. It shouldn't be the story of the game and I thought Pep was pretty reasonable in his assessment of it without wanting to personally lay in to the ref.

If anything, in the press the reaction Haaland showed had been focused on more than the rooster up itself, I don't want to condone players / staff screaming at refs but it's pretty tough to remain composed at that level of fudgery..

Yeh I agree with this, I think Ange comments have almost been vindicated in that we are seeing such bad officiating its working out but like you say its not good. He was hugely critical of VAR and Sin Bins, I agree with his short summary that VAR is adding to poor officiating when they were doing well without it.

I get the feeling its coming to a head TBH, fans and media are now rounding up on it, the plus of that is the media are the power players in this even if the fans are not.

For me personally I have to put aside bias on teams and stuff because I just wanna see the game run better for all which would benefit us, yesterdays final decision was atrocious

I'm pleased we played our game as I had hoped, there will be mistakes along the way but it's far better to watch us trying to win that our previous tactics.
We went toe to toe with them and got a deserved draw. We rode our luck first half, but were always in the game, always creating.

Fans criticising Bissouma etc, yet City found it pretty hard to play through our press too. Two sides who play simialr football, and although they had the better chances, they relied on an OG to get a point.

My only concern is our squad, and the players needed to maintain the high press. We can do it whilst not in Europe, but then what? Poch faced a similar dilema, and never really hit the heights when he tried to make us more than a pressing side. City's answer is to retain possession, dictate the game and minimise the amount of time spent chasing down the ball. And to keep a high line so the side is already in the right part of the pitch. This is our tradjectory too. This is how we'll become champions too.

And that is entirely what this season is about imho - learning. And that includes Ange. The PL doesn't compare to any other league in the world, so he's learning too.
He's whipped the media into a beautiful frenzy about he "only plays one way", which isn't true - he tweaks the margins. I was impressed with how he had the defence set up tactically and also the change he made at half time.
Concerned by the Skipp/GLC one. Although GLC looks to be limping after the game, so maybe it wasn't completely choice. But it did give Emirates Marketing Project more attacking opportunities.
The structure is always the same. Different players bring different qualities to the same position. He just tells them to be brave and pass.

As we have seen he'll hook anyone. Lo Celso has already had an injury this season (and many before). And we have a midweek game this week. Given how he's contributing, hook him to make sure he's alright for West Ham.

My only concern is our squad, and the players needed to maintain the high press. We can do it whilst not in Europe, but then what? Poch faced a similar dilema, and never really hit the heights when he tried to make us more than a pressing side. City's answer is to retain possession, dictate the game and minimise the amount of time spent chasing down the ball. And to keep a high line so the side is already in the right part of the pitch. This is our tradjectory too. This is how we'll become champions too.

I think the idea would be, based on early games, that we play fearlessly with Subs and keep players fresh. Taking off Madders and Son when we needed goals was brave but in my mind had the future games in sight with their freshness. Ange touched on the stats showing up which players were knackered and him making changes because of that. Anything like with Poch depend massively on depth and balance

As @ricky2tricky4city highlights at the time a eyebrow raising sub for Lo Celso which not only kept him fresh but we went on to get a draw. Won't always work but Ange is willing to roll the dice.

Back