• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford **

Are you saying we weren't dross in the first half? We really weren't any good in the second half either, but we never give up and keep grinding.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Doesn't look like I said that.
But the way some people react it's as though
a) they've never seen us play like that before and take it as a personal affront and
b) they aren't aware of our track record of improving in second halves and now having mental resilience enough to score and retrieve games from behind. As though it's inconceivable that we could possibly turn a match around

Some of the catastrophising on here even before half-time, is almost comical.
Slow to learn lessons, much like our team!

Are you sure that it wasn't just people saying what it was at the time that it was happening? It's easy to say that we came away with a good second half performance and well earned draw BUT was the first half really one that should pass without judgment? Are all the comments on the first half really inaccurate all of a sudden just because we improved in the second half?

Why are we putting ourselves in a position in which we have to score 2 just to get a draw against Brentford. They are not a poor side but really we NEED to be starting matches better. We know how well we can play and yet almost every game we let the opponent have the lead before we decide to wake up.

Sorry but criticism of first half performance was fair. Likewise the second half we were mostly good bar the Dier mistake. Hopefully we will learn one day and put in a good performance from the start instead of waiting to go behind first.

Are you sure that it wasn't just people saying what it was at the time that it was happening? It's easy to say that we came away with a good second half performance and well earned draw BUT was the first half really one that should pass without judgment? Are all the comments on the first half really inaccurate all of a sudden just because we improved in the second half?

Why are we putting ourselves in a position in which we have to score 2 just to get a draw against Brentford. They are not a poor side but really we NEED to be starting matches better. We know how well we can play and yet almost every game we let the opponent have the lead before we decide to wake up.

Sorry but criticism of first half performance was fair. Likewise the second half we were mostly good bar the Dier mistake. Hopefully we will learn one day and put in a good performance from the start instead of waiting to go behind first.

The first half should be judged.
The comments aren't all inaccurate.
A lot of criticism is fair.

But my very comment that you were replying to specifically refers to 'some' rather than 'all'.

There is abit of posturing like on any social media platform (not by the original poster I may add) some fans almost seem to either be in denial about some of the problems or don't want to be seen to say it and promote their loyalty, like highlighting some issues makes you hugely negative or less of a fan or something, I dunno.

Bit disjointed as expected. No Romero, no Bentancur, then concede the first goal against a tough Brentford side away from home.

There's definitely a pattern there with our first half performances and that's a concern, though this game in isolation wasn't that bad.

Still very much a work in progress, we knew that before the game, I think we knew that 6 weeks with no football and most of our best players at the World Cup wouldn't fix that.

A decent point, a deserved point despite the shortcomings. We need to improve. Nothing new.

Bit disjointed as expected. No Romero, no Bentancur, then concede the first goal against a tough Brentford side away from home.

There's definitely a pattern there with our first half performances and that's a concern, though this game in isolation wasn't that bad.

Still very much a work in progress, we knew that before the game, I think we knew that 6 weeks with no football and most of our best players at the World Cup wouldn't fix that.

A decent point, a deserved point despite the shortcomings. We need to improve. Nothing new.
We had most of the possessions and shots on the first half but because we conceded a brick goal it looked bad

This I definitely agree with. We simply cannot keep having to come from behind or to this extent rely on better second half performances.

To me there's a lot going for this squad and this system, though we're short some pieces of the puzzle. But we need to find the change of form sooner or later, preferably sooner.
Were clearly Bloody close to be very very good
But conceding a worldie I’m fine with. Todays we’re brick goals and very avoidable

Last edited:
Villa next and, watching their game just now, they'll surely be a little more clinical with opportunities that come their way.
Will be annoying if they have Martinez back but we do not have Romero

I think the baffling decision to play Japhet over Sanchez cost us a lot first-half. Add that to Forster in goal and we clearly looked poor defensively. Dier did not cover himself in glory, no doubt, but Japhet was wreckless in the first half (he is unable to be physical without awkward posture leading to cheap fouls). I have no idea what was going on with Bissouma first-half, he was pony, and PEH chugged along looking less than ideal...

...I cannot figure out why the rest of our side does not seem to have the single minded desire of Perisic? He was an animal!

Second-half was better, yes, but something feels off. We have a squad which overall would work better with a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1, yet we stick with 3-4-3 and odd fits. We either give Conte the players he wants to make the system work, or we move on at the end of the season. I would like to see him backed, equally, I would love to see 4-2-3-1. Tough choices.

BTW, with the personnel available, I'd like to have seen a switch to this mid second, if not just 'to dare'...

Forster

Sanchez Dier Lenglet

Deccy PEH Bissouma Doherty

Gil

Kane Son

the thought being it lines up as 3-5-2 but essentially give Gil the chance to drift between the lines and find pockets.

A point against a team who are unbeaten at home in league and that beat City away in their last game ain't bad, obviously the first half problem needs to be resolved if we are to push on in the league.

I think the baffling decision to play Japhet over Sanchez cost us a lot first-half. Add that to Forster in goal and we clearly looked poor defensively. Dier did not cover himself in glory, no doubt, but Japhet was wreckless in the first half (he is unable to be physical without awkward posture leading to cheap fouls). I have no idea what was going on with Bissouma first-half, he was pony, and PEH chugged along looking less than ideal...

...I cannot figure out why the rest of our side does not seem to have the single minded desire of Perisic? He was an animal!

Second-half was better, yes, but something feels off. We have a squad which overall would work better with a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1, yet we stick with 3-4-3 and odd fits. We either give Conte the players he wants to make the system work, or we move on at the end of the season. I would like to see him backed, equally, I would love to see 4-2-3-1. Tough choices.

BTW, with the personnel available, I'd like to have seen a switch to this mid second, if not just 'to dare'...

Forster

Sanchez Dier Lenglet

Gil

Kane Son

the thought being it lines up as 3-5-2 but essentially give Gil the chance to drift between the lines and find pockets.

Agree with all of this

Unfortunately I just don't see the Japhet thing working long term, the more he plays now the worse he seems to look. Hard thing to say as we all want him to succeed, maybe more so because he came through the club....shame really

Forster

Sanchez Dier Lenglet

Gil

Kane Son

Given how well Perisic played, why would you have taken him off? Otherwise can’t fault your post.

Agree with all of this

Unfortunately I just don't see the Japhet thing working long term, the more he plays now the worse he seems to look. Hard thing to say as we all want him to succeed, maybe more so because he came through the club....shame really
He just isn’t very good with the ball
It’s Sanchez problem and diers too
You can’t have players playing conte ball who are not able to retain it under pressure

He just isn’t very good with the ball
It’s Sanchez problem and diers too
You can’t have players playing conte ball who are not able to retain it under pressure

We need two new defenders alongside Romero. In a way today we took a hit due to the World Cup. If we had had both Lloris and Romero plus Richarlison then I think we would have won. Oh well next game two of those will be back with Bentancur.

Back