• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa FC ***

I hate to compare to that lot down the road, but they had a couple of seasons replacing the squad and now they competing at the top. Takes awhile to build the team and the play style, our 1st 11 is as good as anyone’s but the rest will take time. If years of negative football taught anything it’s patience, build the squad so we can compete and don’t panic when we have dips and troughs, enjoy the ride.
A couple? Think it was 6 or 7 years.

Under Arteta, Arsenal have finished:

2019/20: 8th (took over in December)
2020/21: 8th
2021/22: 5th
2022/23: 2nd

Their ‘success’ has been built on the club behind fully behind Arteta and completely aligned in incoming and outgoing transfers. Although we all got excited with the start, top 6 still represents a very good season in my opinion. If we can then somewhat follow what they’ve done — which seems to be the plan — I think we’ll do as well as, if not better, than them in the next few years.

Last edited:
Cannot overstate how impressive that performance was.

Two full backs with limited experience as centre backs (particularly in a back 4) at CB. An entirely new midfield. Bentacur just back from injury, GLC starting his first game in ages. Kulusevski in his first game in this role for us. Gil with his first start in ages. Then the injury to Bentancur.

Several players starting for the first time in ages eventually running out of steam. Real limitations of options from the bench because of the injuries.

All that. And still being early on under Ange. And with a couple of losses just behind us. And a lot of players away and playing internationals during the build up.

Disappointed with the result. We did cost ourselves by not putting away a couple of the many chances we created. That happens. But playing like that, in those circumstances. That's not a thing that just happens. That's extremely rare and astonishingly impressive.

The players, the coaches, Ange. They all did us very proud. To me that's the dominant feeling I'm left with, not the disappointment. Along with real hope and optimism for the future of this team.

You mean the first one right?
Couldn’t see what you’re saying in the ground TBH

From my end it like like son bent his run but timed it wrong

Shame as it was a brilliant goal

Second one was from Brennans pass and third was off Porros shot on the post
Sorry, yes the first one. So much happened in that game.
Twas a thing of beauty.

Some of the football yesterday was breathtaking !!!
I know results matter but I enjoyed yesterday's performance
Considering we had 9 key players out that was excellent
Yeh same, bigger picture to it all, Ange is 4 months into what's being billed as a total club overhaul, talk from everyone is a culture change at the club, that's comes from staff everywhere even the lower downs. It was always going to be a task to unpick the negative tapestry of the last few years and this brand of football is alien to everyone let alone the players we needed yo bring along from previous. Was never going to happen in one window but I'm laying it out now, this time next year we will be right up there and challenging, I fully believe that.

Yesterday's first half pre equaliser but some of the best football I've seen us play and as you say, that was missing arguably one of the best AM in Europe this year and the leagues best CB pairing.

Perspective time TBH

Not seen the game as am away atm but given what I am reading on here and elsewhere I will definitely be making an effort to do so when back home.
Disappointed that we lost of course but it sounds like there was loads to be pleased about.
Apart from a few dissenting voices it is great to hear such positive comments after a defeat. Optimism rules!

They fouled us a lot
They passed the around
IMO of course
They had no match for the passing and ball retention so just got aggressive.
The elbow on Gil was clear as day light
13 fouls to 11, not a dirty game at all. Just the one bad tackle, they really didn’t ’try to kick us off the park’ mate….

Must confess that I didn’t see the elbow on Gill. Can’t have been bad though if VAR didn’t intervene?

It does matter how we played. Ange has shown he can get fringe players to come in and play his system and tear apart a top four candidate even though we are down to the bare bones of the squad. Compare that to what we would have seen under the last three managers under the same situation with injuries.
I agree with everything other than Villa being a top 4 candidate, they’ll be between 6th and 9th in the final table,

Under Arteta, Arsenal have finished:

2019/20: 8th (took over in December)
2020/21: 8th
2021/22: 5th
2022/23: 2nd

Their ‘success’ has been built on the club behind fully behind Arteta and completely aligned in incoming and outgoing transfers. Although we all got excited with the start, top 6 still represents a very good season in my opinion. If we can then somewhat follow what they’ve done — which seems to be the plan — I think we’ll do as well as, if not better, than them in the next few years.
Unfortunately Levy is unlikely to keep a manager who finishes 8th once, let alone twice….

Not seen the game as am away atm but given what I am reading on here and elsewhere I will definitely be making an effort to do so when back home.
Disappointed that we lost of course but it sounds like there was loads to be pleased about.
Apart from a few dissenting voices it is great to hear such positive comments after a defeat. Optimism rules!
Be warned
The negative ninny’s have started to return
We will be purple and yellow soon

13 fouls to 11, not a dirty game at all. Just the one bad tackle, they really didn’t ’try to kick us off the park’ mate….

Must confess that I didn’t see the elbow on Gill. Can’t have been bad though if VAR didn’t intervene?
It’s bad
var wasn’t turned on
Even Roy Keane said they were lucky and he is anti us
And because a ref doesn’t give a foul it doesn’t mean there weren’t fouls ..

I agree with everything other than Villa being a top 4 candidate, they’ll be between 6th and 9th in the final table,
Agreed
They have a very good manager
And a solid squad
But there is better in the league
If we had a. CB yesterday they wouldn’t have had a sniff IMO
But …. Football doesn’t work like that
Their form under Emery is excellent although their away form is not great

Back