• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

I think he sorted himself out for the second-half. I was unhappy with his first half performance, but that second had graft and guile as well as skill.
Thought he started well, faded into most of the first half then picked it up and had a very good second half. How often have we wanted a player who can take a game ‘by the scruff of the neck’? Not sure that’s exactly where we are with him but he is certainly showing a lot more of what we originally expected of him. And I think he is enjoying it which makes a huge difference.

That win was as good as any. A statement win, had we been playing in red. Was waiting for the inevitable sucker punch for an hour or so, but we overcame more injury worries and held on for a massive win.

Two weeks rest should do us wonders, hopefully also with a CB or two in early, and things are looking good for the run in.

Delighted with 3 points. They’re a good side and for about 45 mins in the middle of the game they murdered us. We did well to hang in in fairness. Not that it was perfect, we did afford them a lot of space at times but we’re playing with the absolute bare bones.

To be where we are, given everything, is remarkable in fairness. Fair play to the players and the manager.

Watched the game in agony as I’ve been puking all night and day and am still in “don’t trust a fart” territory so my judgement might be off (more than normal). Was just praying for it to end to go back to bed. Thought Gio and Udogie were the best players in white. Richy would be in that conversation too but for some woeful finishing.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Delighted with 3 points. They’re a good side and for about 45 mins in the middle of the game they murdered us. We did well to hang in in fairness. Not that it was perfect, we did afford them a lot of space at times but we’re playing with the absolute bare bones.

To be where we are, given everything, is remarkable in fairness. Fair play to the players and the manager.

Watched the game in agony as I’ve been puking all night and day and am still in “don’t trust a fart” territory so my judgement might be off (more than normal). Was just praying for it to end to go back to bed. Thought Gio and Udogie were the best players in white. Richy would be in that conversation too but for some woeful finishing.

I never eat turkey after boxing day.

Well it does doesn’t it? We won games under Conte but people still see we wasn’t good enough.

All about context though and today we won with 10 men with the players Conte wasn't happy with and without the bulk of our quality and summer signings under Ange. XG or whataboutory doesn't really cover that

They are a really good side
We’ll organised now and their players have commented on how good the manager is

Then will end up between 8-12 this season which would make him a good appointment

I think it is young players taking on a huge workload. The Veliz injury is just terrible luck. I'd wager Sarr is still growing into his body, plus he's playing more football than he ever has. The workload is enormous on these players, they are doing heroically given who's missing.

I posted this from Transfermarkt in the Romero thread the other day.

"Postecoglou’s philosophy deserves praise as it’s overwhelmingly positive but players are susceptible to picking up injuries. Van de Ven’s hamstring issue wasn’t uncommon for a player under Postecoglou with Kyogo Furuhashi, Albian Ajeti and Reo Hatate all suffering similar injuries at Celtic. Acclimatising to Postecolgou’s demands heightens the likelihood of certain muscular injuries and the Tottenham boss has even accepted this himself. “[The hamstring injuries] are obviously something we want to get on top of but it’s not new to me either,” Postecoglou conceded early-on in his Celtic tenure. “The way we play I kind of understand, and have done at the clubs I’ve been at, that the beginnings are always difficult. We play differently and train differently and it takes players time to adjust to that and along the way we obviously pay a price. But the one thing I’ve never done, and I won’t do in my whole career, is compromise the football team we want to be because we are not quite ready to be there. I’d rather sort-of keep going at the pace we are going and it means we are going to have some casualties along the way and lose a few.”

It's bordering on a minor miracle that we are where we are in the table.

Good win. Spells of lovely football, spells where we had to dig deep. Bit of luck, or absence of bad luck at least, but we need that with that many of our best players missing against a good team.

Massive to have Bentancur back. Wasn't at his best, not 100%, but still a big boost.

Hope Sarr and Veliz will recover quickly.

A huge win. We had some luck which was missing in the last game. But the two areas we need to improve on from the Brighton game: better midfield control and better finishing, we did make strides forward.

Apart from Richie’s snatched shot when he had time to pick his spot, our finishing was excellent. Son was terrible (worse than Brighton I thought) but then pulled it out the bag with a fantastic finish to a move he started. Richi made amends too, and Johnson put in a couple of beautiful deliveries.

In midfield it was 2 steps forward 1 step back. Bentancur back was a huge positive. And for the opening quarter of the game we looked more composed. If Maddison returns soon too, I will feel much calmer and we’ll control the ball and possession better. As things stand we’ve lost Sarr. The silver lining might be him having a break from playing and resting up a bit. Ready to return and help us lift the title.

In the rain and hail, patched up, hobbling we were sensational. Bring on 2024 with Big Ange.

Back