• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

Their number 17 was absolutely superb, I felt a lot of their attacking threat ended when he was strangely subbed off
Said it in the thread
The game changed when they took off Kluivert and Sinisterra
Was a planned part of their game to target our right. Sensible and was being executed really well

Lo Celso- another player who looks transformed under Big Ange. Really happy for him too.
Motm for me and he is just getting started.

I think he can replace maddison, or more specifically, will be another option to start for variety in our play. Transitions with lo celso is faster and I believe he will be increasingly more involved (gets stuck.in, tackles) in defence while as he regains match fitness. A bonus point - he can be an irritating presence to the opposition.

I think it is young players taking on a huge workload. The Veliz injury is just terrible luck. I'd wager Sarr is still growing into his body, plus he's playing more football than he ever has. The workload is enormous on these players, they are doing heroically given who's missing.
They are also playing a half of extra time in almost every game now.
That takes it's toll, and all of the data driven training schedules, match schedules, recovery schedules etc will have been modelled on scenarios without the long and consistent added minutes

Their number 17 was absolutely superb, I felt a lot of their attacking threat ended when he was strangely subbed off
Sinisterra ? I think he used to be a hot young talent. One of the Leeds players on loan after they got relegated. I believe they paid a lot for him so he would be the Leeds NDombele. Yeah , I thought he was very threatening at times .

That takes it's toll, and all of the data driven training schedules, match schedules, recovery schedules etc will have been modelled on scenarios without the long and consistent added minutes
Yeah, but the net playing time would be the same, no?

Shout out for Royal and Davies
Looked uncomfortable at times but they everything that was asked in the end

Porro look knackered and they made the subs which released him which was nice

And Destiny was MOTM

It’s a tired, make shift defence that does concede as we know but they all busted a gut today to get us over the line
Agree. Also thought Richarlison deserves a lot of praise! His defensive work was absolutely phenomenal! Several times he came sprinting back and poked away the ball to help out the defense, combined with his tireless pressing. Deservedly got his goal too. An all round top notch centre forward performance!

Last edited:
Agree. Also thought Richarlison deserves a lot of praise! His defensive work was absolutely phenomenal! Several times he came sprinting back and poked away the ball to help out the defense, combined with his tireless pressing. Deservedly got his goal too. An all round top notch centre forward performance!
Was decent yesterday to be fair to him

Yeah, but the net playing time would be the same, no?
The net playing time depends on injuries and performance optimismisation (IE we play games to win points). The injury risk is increased by the extra playing because extra playing time equals extra stress on bodies, extra fatigue and increased likelihood of overstretching or misjudging a movement - for our players and players tackling our players. The impact of a contact is also heightened on tired bodies.

The only way to get to the same net physical activity time is rotation - which reducing sporting performance and gets harder the more injuries there are.
Or reducing training time - which affects sporting performance and reduces optimum conditioning.

The a bit of a perfect storm and vicious circle.

The net playing time depends on injuries and performance optimismisation (IE we play games to win points). The injury risk is increased by the extra playing because extra playing time equals extra stress on bodies, extra fatigue and increased likelihood of overstretching or misjudging a movement - for our players and players tackling our players. The impact of a contact is also heightened on tired bodies.

The only way to get to the same net physical activity time is rotation - which reducing sporting performance and gets harder the more injuries there are.
Or reducing training time - which affects sporting performance and reduces optimum conditioning.

The a bit of a perfect storm and vicious circle.
My point was that they're not really playing more, if the net playing time is the same. They might be on the pitch longer, but the time they are exerting themselves is the same.

Spoke to my cousin in Scotland today and he said he's so entertained watching Spurs "warts and all" and the Bournemouth game looked a thousand times better than the game of the Northern giants the other week.

Having just watched the MOTD highlights, on top of the 3 goals we scored we also had several other chances we should have scored from.
We should have been out of sight before they took control midway through the first half.

Some really wasteful finishing/passing in that period made it a harder day than it could have been.

A great point.

My point was that they're not really playing more, if the net playing time is the same. They might be on the pitch longer, but the time they are exerting themselves is the same.
But it's not the same. 10mins added on is now the norm. Previously it would have 2-4mins in exactly the same scenario. There is more playing time.

Back