• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan **

My first game at the stadium since Wolves in August, and my first European home game since Kaiserslautern in 1999. Was pretty optimistic back in August after a gritty 1-0, not so much now. Watching the Chelsea game last night gave me a real groundhog day feeling - them winning thanks to some good fortune. What about us? Could see us play well and make it to extra time only to somehow throw it away with one individual mistake. Hope I'm wrong. Maybe the snow under the lights will make it a memorable night.
Hope it's a great one for you.

Some people are hoping we lose so we can get a new manager in now and be done with all this dead-man-walking stuff with Conte.

Being the forever optimist, I am hoping Conte somehow manages to take us all the way to CL title, even if that makes the decision about his future all the harder. We'd probably still get a new manager in the summer, though.

Ive got my big coat and gloves in the car - Might be the last time we hear the music for a bit i fear !

Some people are hoping we lose so we can get a new manager in now and be done with all this dead-man-walking stuff with Conte.

Being the forever optimist, I am hoping Conte somehow manages to take us all the way to CL title, even if that makes the decision about his future all the harder. We'd probably still get a new manager in the summer, though.

It anyone wants Spurs to lose then they are fools and I would question their motives TBH

It's tinkling down in central London and I'm freezing, but at least it isn't snowing any more. Just having some beers while waiting for check in to open and the rest of guys to get here.

If we win the CL I'll forgive every last minute of blunt attacking and clueless defending, but tonight I'll just worry about our inability to create chances against any half decent defence. Probably helps that we have to go for it from kickoff.

Even I'm not at that place yet. Though I definitely was with Mourinho and Graham etc.

I'm just at the stage of not going to/watching games anymore, as I'm done with all the joy having been suffocated out of them.

20230308_140129.jpg Bumped into this lot of Milan ultras at Paddington. Glad I wasn't wearing my Spurs jacket! They didn't look too friendly.

Even I'm not at that place yet. Though I definitely was with Mourinho and Graham etc.

I'm just at the stage of not going to/watching games anymore, as I'm done with all the joy having been suffocated out of them.
Pretty much me.
Started with work schedules and TV changing kick off times/dates plus affordability. Then came covid and was watching 2 or 3 games a day on sky. Cancelled sky as I wasn't getting anything else done during the days.
Then Conte came along and from the highlights of the games I got all excited about what could be achieved this season so renewed my sky contract. The football I've seen from us has been for the most part dull and the usual frailties have reared their ugly heads on numerous occasions.
Not quite what I was expecting from an elite manager.
Edit. Having said all that I'll be watching tonight and expecting a great performance from us putting us into the quarter final.

tottenham-hotspur-starting-xi-202223-61ebf22f6f4dd340a44c893868cabc24.jpg

I would rather not see Sanchez play, but I'm sure he will

Forster
Royal Romero Lenglet
Porro Skipp Sarr Davies
Kulusevski
Kane Son
Give Porro and Davies space to get forward so it's almost a 3232 in possession.

4th is our par finish if you average the last 7 years. It's 3rd if you expunge Mourinho.

No doubt - but we are so inconsistent and dull this season - think pool will overtake us and harry will be off next year so out of the frame for at least 2 seasons

Hope im wrong of course - Conte back could cause a bit of a bounce - but sure as brick will still be the rigid dull tactics that have been found out this year - but thats another thread

We have the capability to get 4th again certainly -- Just dont think we will.

It anyone wants Spurs to lose then they are fools and I would question their motives TBH
All you need to do is go on Twitter. A bunch of numpties hoping we will lose today just so Conte can get the sack. I can understand the frustration and people wanting to get the Conte era over with, as well as the logic of bringing in a new manager now and not waiting until summer. But picking a loss in a CL knockout game to be the catalyst is beyond stupid.

Gradually getting excited for the game, couple of hours till leaving home, warm clothes and a stash of aqua vitae should see me through..

Pretty certain that we'll see

Forster

Romero
Lenglet
Davies

Royal
PEH
Skipp
Perisic

Kulu
Kane
Son

I think the back 3 at the weekend was a way of bedding them in for this evening. I dont see him not playing Royal and Perisic is the only fit LWB

Then Son v Richie - I would go Richie (as would most people) but Conte will pick Son

Back