• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC VS. Watford FC** FA CUP 4th Round

Cant wait for this gme tonight. Feels weird having footy on a friday but will make a change from going down my local and having a curry:mrgreen:

Really weird alright. Just can't enjoy football on a Friday night unless it is international tournaments like World Cup or Euro.

By the way, is Dos Santos available for this match or will be he sold by then ? Hope he will play.

Feel a bit nervous about this match looking at our Cup records in recent years. Hope we don't feck this up.

JENNINGS ON WATFORD:

8155.jpg

Pat Jennings can hardly believe it.

Whisper it - it's almost 50 years since he left Northern Ireland to join Watford and take the first steps on the road to becoming the world's best goalkeeper.

Born in Newry, County Down, Pat moved to England and Vicarage Road in April, 1963.

The Hornets were in the old Division Three at the time. Pat played the final two matches of the 1962-63 season before starring in the 1963-64 campaign - at the end of which, Bill Nicholson came calling.

Pat joined Spurs in June, 1964 and the rest is history.

He played 596 matches for us and won the FA Cup, two League Cups and the UEFA Cup.

He was capped 119 times by Northern Ireland, played in two World Cups and won the prestigious individual honours of Footballer of the Year in 1973 and PFA Player of the Year in 1976.

And it all started at Vicarage Road.

"Fifty years - it seems unbelievable really, looking back," smiled Pat at Spurs Lodge, where he's still a regular in his role as goalkeeping consultant.

"One of our former players here, the great Ron Burgess, signed me.

"I've great memories of Watford, a smashing club. I could have gone to Coventry City as well at the time but went more or less straight into the Watford team.

"There were four games to go at the end of the season I joined, they were in relegation trouble but they got out of that in the first two games I was there, I then played in the last two matches.

"I played every game the next season. I loved the club. I couldn't have gone to a better place and had a great year there."

The teams meet again in cup competition on Friday night when we make the short trip to Vicarage Road in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

"It's Watford's cup final, getting Tottenham down to Vicarage Road," added Pat.

"What a fantastic draw from their point of view.

"They are mid-table in the Championship at the moment but that won't mean a thing when we go there.

"It will be about what we do on the night and I'm sure we'll have the right attitude."

------------------Gomes---------------------
Corluka----Dawson-------Bassong------Rose
Pienaar-----Livermore----Sandro-----Kranjcar
------------Defoe------Pavlyuchenko------

Subs: Cudicini, Kaboul, Walker, Bale, Lennon, Modric, Adebayor (Gio)

Need a win tonight, otherwise this new board will have produced no wins in 3.

Second string should be good enough, but a strong bench would be sensible just in case.

Looking forward to this. I live in Watford and they've been pretty good at giving tickets just to those that are proper fans. COYS

id play Ekotto up front.

Cudicini
walker bassong dawson bale
rose sandro kranjcar bale
ekotto

I've mentioned this a couple of times. I'd love to play Benny played in the hole behind Ade, think it'd be awesome but left back is pretty much our least covered position so it wouldn't really make sense...Imagine the amount of cryuff turns in the opposing penalty area, records would be broken.

Walker says on Twitter he's taking a nap before getting ready for the match. I'm guessing he starts tonight.

Not meaning to sound harsh but if he plays tonight and gets injured, it may well be a blessing in disguise for Harry to go and get a striker.

If you know of anyone better then Adebayor that is available in this jan transfer window who won't either break the bank or break the wage structure i would like you to go find Levy and tell him. ;)

If you know of anyone better then Adebayor that is available in this jan transfer window who won't either break the bank or break the wage structure i would like you to go find Levy and tell him. ;)

Adebayor is the best we could get and even he's a loan because we can't afford him. But we need a striker and after Defoe scoring against City, I doubt Harry is thinking that it's a desperate situation.

Hope so especially after Corluka efforts at the POAK game... never want to see him in our kit again!

I don't mean this an abusive manner but fudge you! Charlie played through injury with painkilling injections, he put his body on the line for us and has always given 100%. You'd think after Walker's abscent minded display against Emirates Marketing Project that we good use an experienced quality defender like Corluka once in a while.

It's amazing, imo he has been one of our best RB's in years and a key contributor in our getting fourth, a couple of bad games (mainly because of a lack of competitive football imo) and all of a sudden he's a brick player. Don't understand this attitude with some fans...Jesus....

Back