• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC VS. Watford FC** FA CUP 4th Round

Liverpool also played on a Friday night in the previous round, iirc

Probably something to do with viewing numbers?

They played on the friday because Everton were at home on the Saturday, both teams cant play at home the same day, same as Arsenal with us

you mean Cheltenham, who are 2 leagues below Watford and Kazan who comfortably outplayed us in both games ?

I don't understand what the logic is of having a squad of players if you are never going to use them? Players like Pienaar, Kranjcar, Dawson, Corluka are not bad players they want and need game time to keep sharp. The lineup I listed is a grade above teams we used in the UEFA Cup where we played a lot of youth players. These are full internationals for the most part. We can always keep players like Bale, VDV and Modric on the bench if need be.

No reason to risk the likes of Benny, Bale, Parker, Adebayor and Modric. If Kaboul's not 100%, rest him too.

Cudicini
Walker - Dawson - Bassong - Rose
Lennon - Livermore - Kranjcar - Pienaar
Defoe - Pav

Bench: Gomes, VDV, Modric, Bale, Benny, Kaboul, Carroll

Not too sure on who's injured and not though.

No reason to risk the likes of Benny, Bale, Parker, Adebayor and Modric. If Kaboul's not 100%, rest him too.

Cudicini
Defoe - Pav

'On 24 January 2012 Danny Rose Joined Leeds United On A 4 Month Loan Deal'

Is wikipedia... though can't check the official site as it's under renovation...

In fact i can't find anything about danny rose being on loan anywhere... wonder where wiki got it...

So Benny will play every match for the rest of the season then I guess.

Amazing he played any Europa to be honest. This guy almost had to retire because of injury problems and we're running him in to the ground. Hate to be negative but if we keep this up we may have another woody king situation. Need more cover/competition left back wise.

Amazing he played any Europa to be honest. This guy almost had to retire because of injury problems and we're running him in to the ground. Hate to be negative but if we keep this up we may have another woody king situation. Need more cover/competition left back wise.

I'd like to volunteer my services. Watford are only championship right?

Cudicini
Defoe - Pav

Why not Adebayor? Him and Defoe upfront for me. Gotta take the cup seriously

I think the cup has gained extra importance as we won't win the league. I think we should pick a strong team.

Is Rose fit now? This is the kind of game he should be playing in to gain experience and give Benny a rest.

Is Rose fit now? This is the kind of game he should be playing in to gain experience and give Benny a rest.

Looked fit enough against Cheltenam, tired a bit towards to the and was replaced by Carroll for the last few minutes. There's nothing about him in the team news so I guess he's fit to play

Cant wait for this gme tonight. Feels weird having footy on a friday but will make a change from going down my local and having a curry:mrgreen:

Cant wait for this gme tonight. Feels weird having footy on a friday but will make a change from going down my local and having a curry:mrgreen:
What is weird that after tonight we would have had a game on every day of the week...can't ever remember that happening before!

This is our only chance of winning a Cup now. So, hope we don't feck this up. Our performances in Cup matches under Redknapp has never been convincing. Hope he will rectify whatever he has been doing wrong to improve our Cup performance.

Obviously, Defoe and Pav have to start in attack. Both have not been getting many chances in the league. SO there is no reason whatsoever why they cannot start this match. Besides, both Defoe and Pav have an excellent goal scoring record in Cup matches. Hope they will continue that great record here.

I don't mind if we use our fringe players for this match but will be annoyed if there are too many youngsters especially in midfield. We need experienced players in midfield to create chances for our attack. Players like Kranjcar, Pienaar, Dos Santos need to start. I would prefer if either Modric or Lennon start as well because as we need creativity. Still not convinced of Livermore but if he starts hope he will show what he is worth about.

Since we are playing away, I think defence will be key in this match. Can see Redknapp pairing Dawson and Bassong in defence. They have never been convincing together. But hope they will avoid any silly errors. Surely, Cudicini need to start in goal as just can't see Gomes being motivated for Cup matches like this.

Can see Watford being a tricky opponent since we are playing away. Just hope we will turn up for this match and got the motivation to win it as well.

Back