• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs. Manure***

I could offer my soul to the devil for this one, sell my mother, maybe even put a hammer through my ps4, heck perhaps I might even be persuaded to do some housework in order that we win this game...

because this game is vital... absolutely ruddy huge...

Please can we get it right on Sunday...beat a tinkle poor United team and give ourselves a shot in the arm going into Stoke and the Baggies.

We must win this game!!! lock the players in a room (so they dont know Leicester result) and poke them with sticks for the duration...then go out and murder the United buggers!!! I do not forget that fluke win they got first match!

We simply have to win this match...the alternative is I come on after and whine and Pish and moan and drive you all mad!

COME ON YOU SPURS! WIN OR DIE TRYING!
You can start with the Playstation, and then progress as needed :D

I could offer my soul to the devil for this one, sell my mother, maybe even put a hammer through my ps4, heck perhaps I might even be persuaded to do some housework in order that we win this game...

because this game is vital... absolutely ruddy huge...

Please can we get it right on Sunday...beat a tinkle poor United team and give ourselves a shot in the arm going into Stoke and the Baggies.

We must win this game!!! lock the players in a room (so they dont know Leicester result) and poke them with sticks for the duration...then go out and murder the United buggers!!! I do not forget that fluke win they got first match!

We simply have to win this match...the alternative is I come on after and whine and Pish and moan and drive you all mad!

COME ON YOU SPURS! WIN OR DIE TRYING!

Correct. The Scousers at work didnt like hearing it, but THIS is the big one not last weekend. Win this one and we have a foot in the CL, a draw still leaves United a big mountain to climb, a defeat and all those old doubts from seasons-gone-by will start to surface.

Correct. The Scousers at work didnt like hearing it, but THIS is the big one not last weekend. Win this one and we have a foot in the CL, a draw still leaves United a big mountain to climb, a defeat and all those old doubts from seasons-gone-by will start to surface.

yep I fear for us if things go south. our confidence would take a massive hit and our good work could potentially unravel.

Just win Spurs WIN!

They will sit back and park, try to squeeze us and make the pitch narrow - they will try to hit us on the counter. We need to be wary of their pace with their young and pacey players like Rashford and Martial.

Getting an early goal for us will be ideal. We need to take our chances and set a high tempo.

This is only the 4th time in the PL era that we have gone into a Man Utd home game ahead of them in the league table....however the other 3 occasions (Aug '94, Sept '04 and Sept '09) were all within the first 6 games of the season.

I think they wil try to play a deep possession game with a long ball out to their pacey players

There should be some space in front of Scheriderlain and Carrick to exploit

There youngsters are a threat but we can cut out the balls to them and win the game that way

There still very well drilled defensively so will be hard to break down

Last edited:
I think Dembele is our key player actually. We're not the same team without him but there are arguments for plenty of players.

I was listening to the Kevin Wimmer interview on Spurs TV and he has a cold. We might see Vertonghen back.
I think our spine of Alderweireld, Dembele and Kane are the key. Any of those missing and we are a different team.

Disagree, I think he is, I think he's our most important player.
You can effectively overcome the loss of Lamela by playing Mason or bentaleb alongside Dier then pushing dembele further up the pitch. His pressing high up is more effective than Lamela's. So while I think he is a very good player he is by no means the most important.

Lamella is vital against the good teams due to his work rate and the fact he does create chances

We can cover for him more gaianta the poorer sides but we sorely missed him last week (like they missed Firmino)

You can effectively overcome the loss of Lamela by playing Mason or bentaleb alongside Dier then pushing dembele further up the pitch. His pressing high up is more effective than Lamela's. So while I think he is a very good player he is by no means the most important.

I disagree. We lose a lot in the middle without Dembele and he hasn't had many effective games out wide. Lamela has an engine and an intensity that I do not think is matched in the current squad.

Spoke to Ryan on Thursday he said he's likely to be on the bench tomorrow. I know it's no shock but hopefully means we'll have a full strength midfield playing.

I disagree. We lose a lot in the middle without Dembele and he hasn't had many effective games out wide. Lamela has an engine and an intensity that I do not think is matched in the current squad.
I never meant for him to play out wide. You can still play him in the middle behind Kane and play Eriksen wide as we did against Chelsea and Arsenal last season.

I never meant for him to play out wide. You can still play him in the middle behind Kane and play Eriksen wide as we did against Chelsea and Arsenal last season.

So you break up the Alli Kane partnership that has served us so well

Lamela's pressing and intensity aside, his end product isn't good enough still to say he's our most important player. Put it this way, if Kane got injured for a significant amount of time, I wouldn't fancy us to score anywhere near as many goals without him.

Alli is more important due to his partnership with Kane.

Alderweireld is the best defender we have had at the club since King, by some distance.

I would say Dier, Dembele and Eriksen are more inportant too.

So you break up the Alli Kane partnership that has served us so well
You could play Alli wide but that doesn't mean he would necessarily stay there the positions are fluid with Eriksen and Alli drifting in. My point is you can cover Lamela more effectively if he is missing, certainly more than the likes of dembele, alderweireld and Kane.

I don't know whether you saw this in the Poch thread @Robspur12 but this is worth a read on our counter-press and our different players strengths and weaknesses with it

https://13steps.co/2016/03/27/analysis-pochettino-tottenham-counterpress/
We saw last season that we could win "big" games without Lamela in the team. Without doubt when he plays he gives us more options and allows us to win the ball back higher up the pitch when dembele is playing further back. But the point was made that he was our most important player which I don't think is borne out by the evidence.

Lamela's pressing and intensity aside, his end product isn't good enough still to say he's our most important player. Put it this way, if Kane got injured for a significant amount of time, I wouldn't fancy us to score anywhere near as many goals without him.

Alli is more important due to his partnership with Kane.

Alderweireld is the best defender we have had at the club since King, by some distance.

I would say Dier, Dembele and Eriksen are more inportant too.
We have lost 2 games when Dembele has been missing and he played only 19 minutes of the other loss. I would say he is, alongside Kane and alderweireld, our most important player.

15 years since we last beat them at home. 15 fudging years. That was on the last day of the season when they'd already won the league. And if you didn't watch football but saw this game, you'd have thought Willem Korsten was a world class player.

We have to end that run to stand any chance of winning the title. A defeat would be disastrous as they'd have an opportunity to move just 3 points behind us if they win their game in hand.

On one hand, they've lost to a lot of awful teams this season that are far worse than us. But on the other, their record in the big games under Van Gaal is very good. The only big team to have beaten them in the league this season is Arsenal at the Emirates, but they won the return game at Old Trafford, as well as beating City (away), Liverpool (twice) and us, as well as staying unbeaten against Leicester and Chelsea so far. In fact, in both Van Gaal's seasons they've taken the most points in the league against the other teams in the top 7. They might be brick to watch, but they're nowhere near as bad as people have made them out to be - there are plenty of very talented players in that squad that will cause us a lot of problems.

We've been United's bitch for years. Never beating them, selling them our best players - time to stand up and put them in their place for once. COYS

De Gea is their best player, you know how you beat him, SMASH the ball into the net. no dinks or try and pass the ball into the goal, you need power. A lot will also depend on how Leicester do 2 hours before, you can guarantee that match will be on in our dressing room as Poch gives his pre match talk. If they drop points, expect us to give an extra 20%.

Last edited:
Back