• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

OH MY GOSH!

New Xcom: Enemy Unknown teaser with gameplay is out... It looks the absolute conkers

[video=youtube;fPLTPj8SUhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPLTPj8SUhU[/video]

They've linked up the FPS and TBS games onto one holding page too... www.xcom.com

Last edited:
Get The fudge In!

That'll take me through t XCom's release and by Christmas my transformation from house hunting and wedding planning to eating pizza most nights and collecting jazz mags will be complete!

I still haven't finished Skyrim...

Interestingly, Diablo 3 will not be shipping with PvP, despite earlier claims that Blizzard would not ship out an "unfinished" product.

Get The fudge In!

That'll take me through t XCom's release and by Christmas my transformation from house hunting and wedding planning to eating pizza most nights and collecting jazz mags will be complete!

Can't wait myself.

Sadly I never pre-ordered and would have to pay a premium now

It's not really the recession that's done them in, it's supermarkets and online retailers. None of the game publishers have helped them out either because GAME have been fudging them all over for years

Someone will fill the gap left by GAME no doubt about it. Maybe if we're lucky we might see the rise of independent game shops again

I doubt it.

More likely all Game units will become Starbucks or 99p stores.

Game is a flawed idea, it has only one product for one market.

Compare to HMV that has Music, Video, Games, Equipment, Apparel.. And consider how badly THEY are struggling it seems obvious to me Game doesnt stand a chance.

Just as mentioned, Supermarkets etc all hold a decent stock as well.

I doubt it.

More likely all Game units will become Starbucks or 99p stores.

Game is a flawed idea, it has only one product for one market.

Compare to HMV that has Music, Video, Games, Equipment, Apparel.. And consider how badly THEY are struggling it seems obvious to me Game doesnt stand a chance.

Just as mentioned, Supermarkets etc all hold a decent stock as well.
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but that is the problem Supermarkets won't have decent stock at all just your mass market CODs, Mass Effects etc i.e no niche or older titles, there'll be nowhere on the high street to discover older or more obscure titles (although you can get hold of those online mostly). To be fair going in a store like Game is nothing like the experience of going in independent stores in the old days. It would be good if they made a comeback, but like you say highly unlikely.

Someone will fill the gap left by GAME no doubt about it. Maybe if we're lucky we might see the rise of independent game shops again

There's a chain you get in London called Computer Exchange that are pretty good. Do loads of pre-owned stuff at really cheap prices and for all consoles even as far back as the original xbox/game cube. Buy for cash aswell

Back