• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

It's very likely, and expected, that American giant Gamestop will either buy GAME or start bringing stores over here. If people call GAME overpriced then fudge knows what you would call HMV. ?ú45-50 for new titles.
Supermarkets are great if you want the new COD or FIFA on release, but go beyond the top 10 and you're fudged.

How often do people go beyond the top 10 though?

New game comes out - people want it - its in the chart, therefore - its in the supermarket.

If I recommended an obscure game to you, you like the sound of it - would you go to game or just order it from Amazon/Play at half the cost?

When MW2 came out I went to Sainsburys and picked up a copy at 7am. It was the cheapest available on the highstreet, convenient and I even got some nectar points to keep the Mrs happy!

That was for the old firmware I beleive. The newer versions dont have the issues.

Fair enough, personally I would hate for this kind of thing to become the norm. so much easier to aim with a mouse than a controller, just seems like a cheap way to get an edge on everyone else

I see your point but I just cant play fps with a controller, after years of PC gaming this has actually put me off buying them for my PS3 so it really is a godsend. I will report back once it arrives and I have been playing with it for a couple of weeks.

I see your point but I just cant play fps with a controller, after years of PC gaming this has actually put me off buying them for my PS3 so it really is a godsend. I will report back once it arrives and I have been playing with it for a couple of weeks.

Me niether. Mouse & Keyboard for FPS is so ingrained into me after only a year and half since I made the move from Consoles to PC, that using a controller for FPS feels so clumsy and awkward. Admittedly M&K took a little while to adapt to after being used to the pad previously but now I find it difficult using the pad after the precision of using a mouse

Would be intrigued to find out how it actually plays

Well I have had the Eagle Eye up and running for 2 nights and I have to say it is excellent. My K/D ratio on BF3 has gone from 0.54 to 1.6! You do need to fiddle around with the calibration to find what works for you but there are loads of users setups on the penguin forum to download which you can then tweak. The other downside is you can only store 2 different profiles on the unit and when playing BF3 you are better off having a keyboard only set up for vehicles and keboard + mouse when on foot.

I give it a 9/10.

Of those of you eagerly awaiting Diablo 3 (which I'm guessing is most of the PC gamers on this forum) how many of you have played Titan Quest?? I've had it a while and often go back to it for a couple days then leave it for weeks before I go back again.. And I can just jump straight into it! I actually think it's pretty decent and similar gameplay to Diablo but set in Greek Mythological times. Can pick this title up rather cheap these days so may be worth a go to while away the time you wait for Diablo 3

[video=youtube;wnJ6QU4Eqto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJ6QU4Eqto[/video]

Speaking of Diablo, I played the beta yesterday and it looks pretty good. I had some graphical stuttering, but the gameplay was fairly decent and I can only imagine it will get better when playing with friends.

Of those of you eagerly awaiting Diablo 3 (which I'm guessing is most of the PC gamers on this forum) how many of you have played Titan Quest?? I've had it a while and often go back to it for a couple days then leave it for weeks before I go back again.. And I can just jump straight into it! I actually think it's pretty decent and similar gameplay to Diablo but set in Greek Mythological times. Can pick this title up rather cheap these days so may be worth a go to while away the time you wait for Diablo 3

I tried reinstalling it a while back on Windows 7 and it was terrible. Not the laptop as it's the same one just upgraded OS, THQ don't seem to have supported it, at least not back then, I might try again.

Speaking of Diablo, I played the beta yesterday and it looks pretty good. I had some graphical stuttering, but the gameplay was fairly decent and I can only imagine it will get better when playing with friends.

What's the gameplay like? Hopefully nothing like WoW

It does beg the question, how the hell do you remake the exact same game, 5 times, and still manage to do it well?

Back