• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Video Game Thread ***

Interesting to see ArmA still going, makes me wish I still had a gaming PC. The original Operation Flashpoint was great, Codemasters' much later effort at a sequel not so much.

Interesting to see ArmA still going, makes me wish I still had a gaming PC. The original Operation Flashpoint was great, Codemasters' much later effort at a sequel not so much.

The new OF was a little meh. These sorts of games are too hardcore for me, especially in the single-player mode. That's mostly because I have no patience and prefer to just leroy jenkins through games. However, when playing co-op or multiplayer, ArmA looks awesome. I've never played it before but I may have to check out the third one.

Bioshock Infinite just got a release date of October 16.

The new OF was a little meh. These sorts of games are too hardcore for me, especially in the single-player mode. That's mostly because I have no patience and prefer to just leroy jenkins through games. However, when playing co-op or multiplayer, ArmA looks awesome. I've never played it before but I may have to check out the third one.

Bioshock Infinite just got a release date of October 16.

:ross:

Oct 16th? AWESOME! Can't wait for the new Bio.

Half Life 3 should be coming soon. Either that or episode 3. Hopefully.

Completely out of the loop on current releases. Serious Sam 3 should be fun, not much of a story line perhaps.

Just started Serious Sam 3,it certainly aint serious! mental if a bit samey after 3 levels.

The original OF was an amazing game. The custom maps were the best bit for me as the basic levels were huge with varying terrain and they could be scripted. King of the hill style maps on islands with loads of vehicles, was even one where you could go around building a base in a command and conquer style. The jet was absolutely impossible to fly though, in the rare instance you did manage not to die in a fireball in the floor you couldn't do anything productive as you traversed the entire map in about 2 seconds

Last edited:
Had Metro 2033 installed on my system for quite some time now (picked it up for bout ?ú3 in a Steam sale... Love those sales lol) and I loaded it up for the first time today.
After an hour I must say it's a pretty stunning game visually considering the games 2 years old now. Can see why it's used as a benchmark testing game for PC graphics cards too! It's quite an atmospheric game, had me bricktin my pants on a couple ocassions and gameplay wise it's pretty decent. Has it's own flavour in a world of samey FPS's and I'm quite suprised this game didn't really make waves on it's release?

Hopefully the sequal Metro: Last Light coming this year will be more successful.

Here's some screens of it's beauty:

metro2033-2.jpg

metro-2033-achievements-1280x800.jpg

[video=youtube;rVZJ6gAmT4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVZJ6gAmT4I[/video]

The original OF was an amazing game. The custom maps were the best bit for me as the basic levels were huge with varying terrain and they could be scripted. King of the hill style maps on islands with loads of vehicles, was even one where you could go around building a base in a command and conquer style. The jet was absolutely impossible to fly though, in the rare instance you did manage not to die in a fireball in the floor you couldn't do anything productive as you traversed the entire map in about 2 seconds
Was so long ago now I don't remember a huge amount about it, other than dying (a lot) and it zooming in to show you who'd hit you - normally from seemingly miles away - and the last mission being something weird like meeting your ex-comrades for a drink, or something like that (maybe that was the Resistance add-on). Like Papaspur, I doubt I'd have the patience for it these days.

AC3_2_1330566413.jpg

The only thing I can imagine you climbing in this game are cliff/palisade faces and the occasional church steeple. I honestly think a tale of two cities approach would have yielded better environments and more of the classic city feel. America is still far too infantile, but it is an intriguing setting as not many games take place during this era.

The only thing I can imagine you climbing in this game are cliff/palisade faces and the occasional church steeple. I honestly think a tale of two cities approach would have yielded better environments and more of the classic city feel. America is still far too infantile, but it is an intriguing setting as not many games take place during this era.

One of the greatest games ever:

north_and_south_02.png

north_and_south_03.png

north_and_south_04.png

north_and_south_09.png

One of the greatest games ever:

north_and_south_02.png

north_and_south_03.png

north_and_south_04.png

north_and_south_09.png

I loved this game! Unfortunately there's never really been a decent Civil War game... Suprising really the the Total War series never delved into the American Civil War. Would be a great expansion to Empire Total War, as they'd never make a standalone Civil War game what with only 2 factions to choose from.

The setting for Assassins Creed 3 is an interesting one, tho im yet to play any of the AC series properly. Played 1 & 2 briefly but never really gave them a fair crack. Maybe I'll wait for the next Steam sale... They usually pop up regularly in the sales

AC3_2_1330566413.jpg

More details here

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/338316/assassins-creed-3-first-details-new-hero-is-connor-not-all-english-are-evil/

You'll be using the trees and mountains. fudge this game is going to be amazing

More details here

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/338316/assassins-creed-3-first-details-new-hero-is-connor-not-all-english-are-evil/

You'll be using the trees and mountains. fudge this game is going to be amazing

"Most importantly, not all British colonists will be cast as evil oppressors, says Ubisoft."
Throwing historical accuracy out the window, eh? ;)

Honestly, this game looks pretty awesome. I almost finished AC2, but I am going to have to pick it up and play through it before I get this. Fortunately, I have loads of time.

Right now, I'm just waiting on Mass Effect 3. I've tried some of the other classes in multiplayer and they're loads of fun once you start leveling up your abilities.

Got myself a new laptop this week, and got a gaming mouse and keyboard (r.a.t 3 and sidewinder x4) plus a giotek headset and BF3 for pc. oh and WoW.

Got myself a new laptop this week, and got a gaming mouse and keyboard (r.a.t 3 and sidewinder x4) plus a giotek headset and BF3 for pc. oh and WoW.

you just kissed your life goodbye. i'm kamikrazy0 on origin. looking to fire this mofo up again this weekend.

Back