• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I honestly felt that Cheat$ki's fixture pile-up would cause them to fall apart, but they have kept on winning, as have Arse.

Fair play to them both, they have strung together incredible runs, as have we

Same here, first time they looked leggy was the last 10 mins v us.

They also have the knack of taking advantage of anything that goes their way, i.e Saturday, looked lost until the Benteke sending off, level within minutes.

Sorry for repeating myself,but lets not forget we havent lost a game ourselves since Anfield, unfortunately we just drew one more game that we could have done without

Feel quite sad for Wigan to be honest. They are in a town and place that doesn't really support football as it does Rugby which is why they never sell out and I have heard people comment in person how it would be better for them to go as opposed to Villa or Sunderland who are "Proper Football Clubs".

Since Martinez has been there they have been a real credit to how football should be played in my opinion and despite the lack of proper support from their local population, I really hope they can come back up at the first attempt but with the Europa League and 8 extra league games to contend with it might be a bigger ask than trying to stay up this season.

As for our fate, well we have done so far all we could do and asked both Chelsea and Arsenal continuous questions. Questions which up until now, they have had the answers to but we are asking them one last big question and if they respond to it then all we can do is say fair play. If we win then we have had a good season that could have been better but overall considering all the factors, it will have been a good season.

Lets get behind the team one last time on Sunday, get an atmosphere going at home that we haven't seen enough over the last few years and get the three points that we require, force Arsenal to get the three points they need and be ready to take advantage if they can't answer this one last question we are posing.

COYS!!!!

I seriously cannot stand reading its our own fault any more.

OUR fault? it's your fault, you and the rest of the mods who have allowed so many GHod awful OMTs to slip through the net un noticed. about time you got someone in to clear up this sorry state of affairs.

take a long hard look at yourself buddy.

i can't get my head around it either - if we win on Sunday we will have improved on our previous seasons totals whether we finish 4th or 5th - that to me is an improvement, an improvement i didn't envisage this season back in the summer when we changed managers and began work on the squad.

Exactly. If we keep improving to that extent, eventually we will be title challenging because we are closing the gap to the top. It may be that we don't get CL this year, or next year, but there could be one year where the points gap between the 5 top teams is so small that you could drop from 1st to 5th on the last day of the season. It's about constant improvement, CL or not I don't think it would make a huge difference in terms of our progress. We signed the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Holtby. All good young players that could have gone to CL clubs but they came to us, and if we keep making signings on that level we will be ok. It's not as if qualifying for CL suddenly means we can compete for Falcao.

Our players are heroes and deserve to know it this Sunday, whatever happens.

Doesn't anyone think this might be significant factor. The only positive is that it will be Harper's last game for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.. but not having the first choice goalkeeper available is quite a disadvantage.

Harper's been awful. Wouldn't be surprised to see him 'drop' it into his own net if they're drawing in the last five - nobody would think it that sketchy given his form.

It was always unlikely that Arsenal would drop points against Wigan at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away always looked like our chance. Ok it would have been better if Nrewcastle needed a result but at least there won't be a tense atmosphere with their fans. Arsenal will be tense and I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will want to give their fans something after their last two home games.

Ok it might not happen but it's a much bigger chance than Wigan for us

Us winning and the scum drawing on Sunday isn't the most inconceivable outcome in the slightest.

Pardew has been handed a rocket up his arse for his comments earlier in the week, which can only help. We win, we can afford two out of three possible outcomes at SJP.

That post is far too sensible.

i can't get my head around it either - if we win on Sunday we will have improved on our previous seasons totals whether we finish 4th or 5th - that to me is an improvement, an improvement i didn't envisage this season back in the summer when we changed managers and began work on the squad.

It's old fashioned, I think. Aim for more points than you picked up last season. That's it. Anything else is a bonus. Keep doing that and eventually you'll inevitably get to the top.

All these alternate meanings attached to finishing here and not there are symptoms of the relentlessly quick pace of modern football, but the old adage still holds.

Aim to do better than you did last time. We're almost there in that respect. Job done, onwards and upwards.

Could we have done better? Probably. But, should we beat Sunderland, we'll have done better than we've ever done.

And could we have done worse? Definitely.

Come on lads, chin up. I'm normally a bit of a doom and gloom merchant/realist, I didn't even watch the game tonight as I knew what the outcome would be. I'm as disappointed as anyone, but there are bigger things in life as has been said many times in the last few pages. Nothing for me can top last season's disappointment. I know we say it every year, but we really aren't far off where we want to be.

In the end though they replaced RVP and Song better than we replaced modric vdv and king . I don't blame anyone for that unlike other posters. We don't have endless sums of money.

Doesn't anyone think this might be significant factor. The only positive is that it will be Harper's last game for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.. but not having the first choice goalkeeper available is quite a disadvantage.

I would 100% guarantee if a 3rd choice comes in out of the cold to play against Spurs he would have the match of his life. Maybe, just maybe, it might be somebody elses turn to be on the receiving end of an oppostion goalie MOTM performance

Us winning and the scum drawing on Sunday isn't the most inconceivable outcome in the slightest.

Pardew has been handed a rocket up his arse for his comments earlier in the week, which can only help. We win, we can afford two out of three possible outcomes at SJP.

That would mean something if the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players either understood or gave a dam about Pardew

Feel quite sad for Wigan to be honest. They are in a town and place that doesn't really support football as it does Rugby which is why they never sell out and I have heard people comment in person how it would be better for them to go as opposed to Villa or Sunderland who are "Proper Football Clubs".

Since Martinez has been there they have been a real credit to how football should be played in my opinion and despite the lack of proper support from their local population, I really hope they can come back up at the first attempt but with the Europa League and 8 extra league games to contend with it might be a bigger ask than trying to stay up this season.

As for our fate, well we have done so far all we could do and asked both Chelsea and Arsenal continuous questions. Questions which up until now, they have had the answers to but we are asking them one last big question and if they respond to it then all we can do is say fair play. If we win then we have had a good season that could have been better but overall considering all the factors, it will have been a good season.

Lets get behind the team one last time on Sunday, get an atmosphere going at home that we haven't seen enough over the last few years and get the three points that we require, force Arsenal to get the three points they need and be ready to take advantage if they can't answer this one last question we are posing.

COYS!!!!

I really like Wigan and resent those comments that people post such as 'empty stadium' fudgein gonad*s.

To be honest todays game was, for me, more about Wigan staying up than thinkin about Spurs. Thats not because of anything other than I dont subscribe to the whole oh if one team is motivated etc etc etc

The thing is the last couple of years we have been up there with the best of them, it has progressively got better so lets look forward to next year. If a few players jump ship because we finish a point or two out of the champions league place, fudge em! Where are they going to go? I dont see any of the clubs above us sniffing around so they might go abroad to warm the bench, seem familiar? Lets face it, I and probably most people on here are crapping themselves that Bale will leave, well he might do if all the rumour's are true but do we really want to be a one man team? I certainly dont.

Back