• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

The run Arsenal is on is frankly amazing. What a fudging time to pull it out if the bag like that.

They did it last year as well with multiple last gasp goals and then slipped up a couple of times( Wigan at home) to give us hope and take it to the last game and leave us tantalisingly close.
A case of so near, so far....again!

well. start my first post on a real downer. my stream died at 1-1. what the hell happened ?! we could've done with a break. we're going to finish with the highest points tally to not get 4th place! last season it was chelsea. oh well. i promise my 2nd post won't be such a downer!

I'd rather Bale stays and were a one man team than he leaves and we get worse.

id rather keep him as well - i think it's well within our budget to bring in 3 players to add the required quality to make us a fully functioning balanced team this summer. we don't need to buy stars, we need smart buys like we know we are capable of making. and those types of transfers we can make without the extra revenue selling Bale would bring in

Wages rather than turnover are the big correlation with finishing position. We're well behind even Liverpool in that regard, so we've done very well to remain competitive. We just need to be an extra 10% smarter than everyone else in the transfer market, along with a little bit of 'luck' - and by 'luck', I mean balancing out whatever Arse will pay Harper this weekend to make sure of a result ;)

I really like Wigan and resent those comments that people post such as 'empty stadium' fudgein gonad*s.

To be honest todays game was, for me, more about Wigan staying up than thinkin about Spurs. Thats not because of anything other than I dont subscribe to the whole oh if one team is motivated etc etc etc

I agree totally. I think its pretty elitist when people are saying they should go down instead of Sunderland/Aston Villa just because they are traditionally a smaller club. My argument to that would be look at the budget that Sunderland have and how poorly it has been spent over the last 3 years considering they have been struggling with relegation battles in that time. To be quite honest, i would much rather Wigan had stayed up than either of those sides who have flirted for too long as well.

I like Martinez and I hope he stays and manages to get them back up with the philosophy he has implemented over the last few seasons. I also have alot of respect for Dave Whelan too. Im gutted for them tonight rather than anything to do with us, our aim and goal hasn't been altered at all.

They did it last year as well with multiple last gasp goals and then slipped up a couple of times( Wigan at home) to give us hope and take it to the last game and leave us tantalisingly close.
What with them and Chelsea freaking the CL, when is it ever gonna end?

Their goal every year is to get top 4. They start the season slowly, get knocked out of the cups by late March/early April, giving them a clear calendar and one game a week for the rest of the season making it easier for them to get back into the top 4.

Then the cycle repeats the following season.

It was always unlikely that Arsenal would drop points against Wigan at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away always looked like our chance. Ok it would have been better if Nrewcastle needed a result but at least there won't be a tense atmosphere with their fans. Arsenal will be tense and I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will want to give their fans something after their last two home games.

Ok it might not happen but it's a much bigger chance than Wigan for us

Another post far too sensible

I would also like to think their players might want to get some revenge for their hammering at The Emirates

I'd rather Bale stays and were a one man team than he leaves and we get worse.

He'll leave at some point. It's inevitable, and to be honest as long as he doesn't kick up a Modric-esque fuss (which I think he's too inoffensive and amiable to do) I can't and won't hold it against him.

I'd like him to stay a bit longer, so we can win something and send him off with a Spurs medal tucked into his pocket, but I certainly don't expect him to do so.

What I am absolutely convinced about, however, is that both outcomes (him staying and him going) will probably turn out to be good for the club. If he stays, brilliant, we have a proven game-changer on our hands.

If he leaves, we'll get a humongous fee, and will probably be able to afford two top-class players to replace him and to put a bit more money towards the looming stadium build date.

And unlike during Redknapp's tenure here, for the first time in a while I feel confident that we'll buy well this summer, and that whatever players we buy will fit a certain profile and a certain style of play. This will enable us to improve on the effectiveness of AVB's playing system, and make us a bit easier on the eye and more effective than we were at times this season. If we follow this template, we'll eventually arrive at a point where the loss of one player won't overly affect our playing ability or style, which is what the entire point of a team-based playing system is supposed to be.

So I'm quite confident about our chances of progression this summer, regardless of what happens on the final day and if Bale stays or leaves. For the first time in a long while, I feel we've got a long-term plan worth following.

Another post far too sensible

I would also like to think their players might want to get some revenge for their hammering at The Emirates

the Geordies have been tonked their last two home games - i think they're gonna want to get a result as much as we could really want them to, they don't have anything but pride to play for, hopefully they have some left :lol:

Back