• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoever takes over in the summer should be given the freedom to bring in one or two players he trusts completely to help kick the rest of the team into shape.

This is what AVB tried with Moutinho and Hulk, had it been successful he may have still been at the club today, but I agree this is paramount to the future development of the squad.

Yes there was Scara. Dembele gave a huffy interview whilst on international duty about where he was being asked to play and Verts made it pretty clear that he was unhappy being played at left back. Obviously Adebayor was unhappy about being cast adrift and a number of players spoke of their desire to see him reintroduced.

I think that's quite different to what AE was describing. Not a good situation admittedly, but different to this one.

As for Ade's happiness, that seems to change with the wind so I'm not sure he's much of a comparator.

I think that's quite different to what AE was describing. Not a good situation admittedly, but different to this one.

As for Ade's happiness, that seems to change with the wind so I'm not sure he's much of a comparator.

Scaramanga it's not the least bit different :ross:

Agreed.

And I think some are already destined to leave…you can pretty much predict, without much debate I'd suspect, who's on their way out/disinterested/not likely…the problem is many of them will not hold their value in re-sale, so Levy is really going to have to bite the bullet and make decisions here. I had a long discussion with my mate last night about Vertonghen. He is strongly of the opinion that we should do what we can to rehab/keep him at the club. I suspect that the player is already half-way out the door…it will be interesting to see which way this one goes. My money is on the latter, which will be a shame I'd agree, because he has quality, I just wish he had the will to fight for us/at least give it some until the end of the season. Let's hope for such positive scenarios.

But this summer is all about Levy. He has to support his manager PROPERLY which means giving them who THEY want for a few years. He always starts with great intentions, yet ends up sticking his nose in. He needs to make a commitment to staying out of it and letting them do their thing...

I think that a lot of assumptions are being made about Verts because of his body language. I am not saying that you are wrong but just because he has a relaxed demeanour, it doesn't mean that he doesn't care.

I think that a lot of the criticism Ade gets is because of his languid running style and how this colours people's view of his performance. The worst for this, I think, was Anderton, particularly from opposing fans.

I think that a lot of assumptions are being made about Verts because of his body language. I am not saying that you are wrong but just because he has a relaxed demeanour, it doesn't mean that he doesn't care.

I think that a lot of the criticism Ade gets is because of his languid running style and how this colours people's view of his performance. The worst for this, I think, was Anderton, particularly from opposing fans.

Berbatov got this as well.

The question I'm wondering is why Levy appoint him and then not support him by having LVG lined up.
Levy would know the VanGaal stuff would get out.

Looking at it Levy isn't that stupid. Van Gaal isnt lined up yet.
Van Gaal is using the media interest and the meeting he had with Levy before Sherwood was appointed to put his name in the frame for a premier league job in the summer.
I see him being mentioned with regards to the United job recently.

I think Van Gaal will be in the premier league next season but not with us.

Harlequins. Football would be dead to me.

:ross:

sorry GB I wouldnt let you leave...this board needs you!

I do worry you pinning all your hopes on this appt though...no doubt your excitement would ejacu**te itself all over this forum... I for one would feel a little optimism oweing to his impressive cv and experiences...however I would be more worried about it going pete tong...who knows.

You have to appreciate there is no certaintanty that LVG would make a success of things here...and due to his age its unlikely he would be in the hotseat very long anyway.

GB, we seem to have been linked to both LVG and Prandelli in the,last couple of months.

I haven't got time to go back into this thread, but can you outline your opinions about the club appointing either of these two coaches please?

I'm assuming you'd prefer LVG..

Whoever takes over in the summer should be given the freedom to bring in one or two players he trusts completely to help kick the rest of the team into shape.

There's a rumour on twitter tonight that we are already moving for Daley Blind.

He and Jordy Clasie could be LVG's two.

:ross:

sorry GB I wouldnt let you leave...this board needs you!

I do worry you pinning all your hopes on this appt though...no doubt your excitement would ejacu**te itself all over this forum... I for one would feel a little optimism oweing to his impressive cv and experiences...however I would be more worried about it going pete tong...who knows.

You have to appreciate there is no certaintanty that LVG would make a success of things here...and due to his age its unlikely he would be in the hotseat very long anyway.

LVG wouldn't need long. Three years to overhaul our rotten culture, bring in some silverwear and then hand over to someone like Danny Blind or FDB.

I honestly can't think of another route we can take that would improve our current lot, other than employing a big beast - it's the one thing we've not tried yet. Guardiola and Mourinho aren't available, and LVG really makes up the big 3 in that category. It's a unique combination of factors that puts him in the frame for our job - usually we'd never have a chance of attracting someone as good as him.

GB, we seem to have been linked to both LVG and Prandelli in the,last couple of months.

I haven't got time to go back into this thread, but can you outline your opinions about the club appointing either of these two coaches please?

I'm assuming you'd prefer LVG..

I'd love either of them. Or FDB. Or Spaletti.

LVG is my preferred option, just because I think he's arguably the best coach in the world. Remember Mourinho, Guardiola and FDB are his proteges. He's got it all - tactical, motivation, emphasis on youth, strong leadership, unrivalled track record of trophies. I'd be very confident that with minimal purchases he could coach our current squad into title contenders within 12 months.

Prandelli is similar to LVG in a number of ways, just perhaps without the strength of personality. But again he's a low resources manager that rings every last % out of what he has at his disposal.

I honestly don't think there's a hope in hell of LVG going to Utd. He's metal as f**k and Ferguson IMO still pulls the strings. I also just feel that we're rotten to the core and even the likes of Guardiola never mind LVG couldn't do much with us.

Anything's better than the current mess though.

Spaletti has been sacked because recently team's results dropped. Zenit is currently 2nd although they had a big advantage in the first part of the season. They won only 1 match from last 6, were eliminated earlier from the national cup and are on their way out of CL.

The main reason for it was the loose of dressing room just after Hulk's and Witsel's purchases. Conflicts with Russian players like Kerzhakov, Bystrov, Denisov and Shirokov arised. Three of the mentioned are currently in other clubs. Shirokov, who was captain of Russia's national team during last friendly game, was even loaned in the final day of winter transfer window to a promissing mid-table club.

So, according to the latest rumours, I make conclusions, our friend AVB is likely to become Zenit's next coach, and as result Hulk stays there. Spaletti or LVG are opened for offers, but as the things stand, LVG will probably receive more offers than Spaletti.

ps: I still won't believe rumours we can purchase Hulk even considering we tried it already (at least to loan him for a season).

Last edited:
The question I'm wondering is why Levy appoint him and then not support him by having LVG lined up.

Van Gaal is using the media interest and the meeting he had with Levy before Sherwood was appointed to put his name in the frame for a premier league job in the summer.

I agree with the first bit, not sure about the second.

Levy had no choice but to give TS an 18 month contract. Its just a bit of stability till the end of the season when LVG will take over in the summer. Levy cant announce the LVG deal yet, of course there will be leaks to the press but that happens all the time. LVG and Levy just have to bide their time until the season is over.

Berbatov got this as well.

I don't think that's where the similarity ends, either. I've never really got the impression from Vertonghen that he was committed to Spurs. If he was, he wouldn't be moaning about being asked to knuckle down and do a job playing where he's told. Personally, I think he came here thinking, "stepping stone to bigger and better things," and now he's browned off because he doesn't feel he's been able to showcase himself properly.

Just 62 days to go until the Europa League final and potentially the last game of this season. I cannot wait for it all to be over and Sherwood out the door so I can finally feel positive about Spurs again.

Back