• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i disagree - i think we have a good squad which has been mismanaged since the summer.

look at the United squad Moyes is having all sorts of problems with this season - under SAF they were a totally different machine, that for me shows the effects just one man can have on a group of players. we haven't bought weak willed duds - we have a group of international footballers, players who have captained their previous sides and so on - no doubting in my mind that the right managerial appointment would transform our fortunes more than any clear out.

i disagree - i think we have a good squad which has been mismanaged since the summer.

look at the United squad Moyes is having all sorts of problems with this season - under SAF they were a totally different machine, that for me shows the effects just one man can have on a group of players. we haven't bought weak willed duds - we have a group of international footballers, players who have captained their previous sides and so on - no doubting in my mind that the right managerial appointment would transform our fortunes more than any clear out.
=D> Also, as i said in another thread, how many clubs in one summer lose a world class superstar and also bring in 7 players from abroad and all of different nationalities. The whole group needs time to grow and trust each other and they need the right man as you say to help aid this process

I'm in two minds about this.

Before i was 100% adamant i din't want any major changes in the summer. I wanted a couple of signings that would improve the first X1 and not much in the way of departures (well except a few 'deadwood' players that we could do without. Now? i'm sick of some of these losers with loser mentalities. We have no 'winners' in the squad, no fighters (bar Dawson, Sandro and maybe Walker). The rest? they look like they couldn't give a toss (well Ade is playing like he does give a toss right now but he's not reliable). The whole thing sucks pretty damn bad.

Summer departure certainties
Invisibilnho
Ghastli
Nogoaldado
Siggy

More than likely
Vertonghen
Naughton
Kaboul

Might be better if they moved on
Lennon
Capoue

That's my list. If all that happens we'd need:

2 x CB
1 x LB
1 X CM
1 X ST
1 X left sided winger/forward

I would not buy a right back cover...i would instead make sure one of the new cb's that are signed is also comfortable playing at rb (as well as relying on Fredriks to be another option)

Also, as i said in another thread, how many clubs in one summer lose a world class superstar and also bring in 7 players from abroad and all of different nationalities. The whole group needs time to grow and trust each other and they need the right man as you say to help aid this process

ive been saying something similar for most the season - we went under a huge squad turnover last summer, at the time i never envisaged it taking so long to click but i think it's been quite apparent for sometime now that this is the chief reason why the squad is struggling to find any kind of rhythm (that's before you even take in to account that all the new faces were coming in from abroad) It was also my main reason for wanting to give AVB more time - it's an extraordinary set of circumstances IMV and unfair to make a judgment. (although if there were other reasons for his exit then that's more understandable)

Before i was 100% adamant i din't want any major changes in the summer. I wanted a couple of signings that would improve the first X1 and not much in the way of departures (well except a few 'deadwood' players that we could do without. Now? i'm sick of some of these losers with loser mentalities. We have no 'winners' in the squad, no fighters (bar Dawson, Sandro and maybe Walker). The rest? they look like they couldn't give a toss (well Ade is playing like he does give a toss right now but he's not reliable). The whole thing sucks pretty damn bad.

Invisibilnho
Ghastli
Nogoaldado
Siggy

More than likely
Vertonghen
Naughton
Kaboul

Lennon
Capoue

2 x CB
1 x LB
1 X CM
1 X ST

I would not buy a right back cover...i would instead make sure one of the new cb's that are signed is also comfortable playing at rb (as well as relying on Fredriks to be another option)

continuing the Moyes/Fergie example i gave earlier KD - how many of Moyes players are looking like fighters/winners etc when compared to under Fergie? we'd probably say SAF had a team stacked with them, Moyes with very few - and that's pretty much two identical sets of players. i don't think these players have lost those character traits over night, much more likely IMV is that the change in manager has disrupted their day to day working life to a point where they have suffered in these areas.

i think the same can be said for our squad this season - the big turnover of players has disrupted the original players 'flow' meaning the new players coming in aren't walking in to settled environment (which is usually the case for new signings) this increases the difficulty of the new players settling in to the squad/team whilst the existing players are also trying to resettle in to their disrupted surroundings. so for these reasons id be very wary in making judgments on any of the new players signed last summer and would definitely give them all until next summer before deciding they aren't up to the job.

as for the spoilered part im actually astounded anyone would be looking at this coming summers window and want us to go out and sign/sell so many players after the season we have just had. we've spent the season watching first hand the effects that a turnover similar to what you are suggesting can have on a club and now you want to repeat it? doesn't make sense to me tbh mate

fwiw, how id like to see the squad come the end of the summer transfer window :

Lloris, new back up GK
new LB, Rose/Fryers
Walker, new back up RB
Vertonghen, Chiriches
Kaboul (or new man mountain CB), Dawson
Sandro, Capoue
Dembele, Paulhino
Eriksen, Bentaleb, Carroll
Lamela, Lennon
Townsend, Chadli
Soldado, Adebayor, new back up CF

that's four new signings (if Kaboul is sent to the breakers yard) but only one genuine first choice player (potentially two) - the remaining 4 being brought in with clear indication that they are back up/potential first teamers - which, IMV will go some way to smoothing the the settling in process - clear squad options being able to take more time and have more involvment with the development squad and so on.

im not jumping on the Lloris and Verts will be sold bandwagon - just don't see he money being offered for the two tempting Levy to cut short their contracts at this point

Better to change 1 person, than 15.

Let LVG see what he can do with our current squad + a LB. We don't have bad players (apart from Rose), just rudderless ones.

Better to change 1 person, than 15.

Let LVG see what he can do with our current squad + a LB. We don't have bad players (apart from Rose), just rudderless ones.

Yes we do. I could probably list 4-5 bad players that have no right to be regularly playing for this club and LvG in combination with Jesus and Alex Ferguson wouldn't be able to coax anything out ofthem in terms of talent, attitude and character.

And if you think all we need is LvG and a left back to cure all ills then I would suggest you get ready for commital.

We have players with loser mentalities which is worse than having bad players imo.

More likely we have had two managers who can't motivate/lead the squad.

The idea of trying to change another 6 players over summer is bordering on insanity, I can see 6 out of squad, but at most 3 first team changes.

The big change will be the manager, and a huge part of his job description is likely to reuse most of the squad.

I think we give the 7 another year...unless they really want out.

I reckon we need a revamp at the back.

Madness to dismiss so many players and clamour for this summer to be a carbon copy of the last. We won't get anywhere if we ditch all those players because we will need to bring in a load more who may well do the exact same thing. Even if you don't rate Chadli as a first teamer he is still a useful squad player, which every team needs.

This summer we will likely lose Lloris and Jan. Other than replacing them I think we need a new centre half and a decent left back. We have enough midfielders on our books for someone to come up with a system that works.

Yes we do. I could probably list 4-5 bad players that have no right to be regularly playing for this club and LvG in combination with Jesus and Alex Ferguson wouldn't be able to coax anything out ofthem in terms of talent, attitude and character.

And if you think all we need is LvG and a left back to cure all ills then I would suggest you get ready for commital.

Shush dont you realise LVG is the messiah

Invisibilnho
Ghastli
Nogoaldado
Siggy

More than likely
Vertonghen
Naughton
Kaboul

Lennon
Capoue

2 x CB
1 x LB
1 X CM
1 X ST

I'm reminded of the reason Guardiola had for moving Lahm into the middle. Lahm demands perfection of everyone on the pitch around him and Guardiola wanted that influence in the middle of the pitch. We have no one who gives a **** about how anyone else is performing.

No, the last thing we need is players with egos the size of mars thinking their too good for the club walking round like prima donnas and not giving a fuuck on the pitch.

Its poisonous, contagious and the polar opposite of what you need: a tightly knit group who want to win together.

There were no reports of any of them in November. What's changed?

I'm reminded of the reason Guardiola had for moving Lahm into the middle. Lahm demands perfection of everyone on the pitch around him and Guardiola wanted that influence in the middle of the pitch. We have no one who gives a **** about how anyone else is performing.

My priority signing would be a new CB, someone like Naybet. Experienced and a leader, we desperately need someone to take charge at the back.

Then add some more experience at LB and in midfield (probably sell to buy for the latter) and a young striker as competition for Ade. There's enough quality here already to make a team under the right guidance.

There were no reports of any of them in November. What's changed?

Yes there was Scara. Dembele gave a huffy interview whilst on international duty about where he was being asked to play and Verts made it pretty clear that he was unhappy being played at left back. Obviously Adebayor was unhappy about being cast adrift and a number of players spoke of their desire to see him reintroduced.

My priority signing would be a new CB, someone like Naybet. Experienced and a leader, we desperately need someone to take charge at the back.

Then add some more experience at LB and in midfield (probably sell to buy for the latter) and a young striker as competition for Ade. There's enough quality here already to make a team under the right guidance.

I agree. I've been saying since the summer that we needed a proven winner who everyone can look up to.

We've got some good players but they are a bit samey and very green.

Whoever takes over in the summer should be given the freedom to bring in one or two players he trusts completely to help kick the rest of the team into shape.

Whoever takes over in the summer should be given the freedom to bring in one or two players he trusts completely to help kick the rest of the team into shape.

Agreed.

And I think some are already destined to leave…you can pretty much predict, without much debate I'd suspect, who's on their way out/disinterested/not likely…the problem is many of them will not hold their value in re-sale, so Levy is really going to have to bite the bullet and make decisions here. I had a long discussion with my mate last night about Vertonghen. He is strongly of the opinion that we should do what we can to rehab/keep him at the club. I suspect that the player is already half-way out the door…it will be interesting to see which way this one goes. My money is on the latter, which will be a shame I'd agree, because he has quality, I just wish he had the will to fight for us/at least give it some until the end of the season. Let's hope for such positive scenarios.

But this summer is all about Levy. He has to support his manager PROPERLY which means giving them who THEY want for a few years. He always starts with great intentions, yet ends up sticking his nose in. He needs to make a commitment to staying out of it and letting them do their thing...

Would have loved Vidic from United on a free

Back