• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's hardly an unknown quantity. He's been a poisonous influence at the club for 15 years now. He's already been implicated in undermining two managers (Hoddle and AVB) and seems to be able to exert a wormtongue influence over Levy.

The Timmeh hate comes from things like:
- Him being a horrible and gutless player - it's like in 10 years we give our job to Charlie Adam, or in 20 years to Jack Wiltshire
- His Machiavellian power hunger and the unhealthy power base he's built up
- His blatant tactical naivety and all-round amateurism
- That he's never paid his dues - how many other top-25 European clubs would give their main job to someone whose experience consists of 15 months managing the U18s.

To me there's just something very Peter Mandelson about him.

AC Milan - Seedorf???? never coached anything or anybody

Ajax - Frank de Boer????

He's hardly an unknown quantity. He's been a poisonous influence at the club for 15 years now. He's already been implicated in undermining two managers (Hoddle and AVB) and seems to be able to exert a wormtongue influence over Levy.

The Timmeh hate comes from things like:
- Him being a horrible and gutless player - it's like in 10 years we give our job to Charlie Adam, or in 20 years to Jack Wiltshire
- His Machiavellian power hunger and the unhealthy power base he's built up
- His blatant tactical naivety and all-round amateurism
- That he's never paid his dues - how many other top-25 European clubs would give their main job to someone whose experience consists of 15 months managing the U18s.

To me there's just something very Peter Mandelson about him.

Don't really know what goes on behind the scenes at the Lane. Do you? Let's be honest though nearly all successful people have a ruthless streak in them in some way or other.

Hoddle undermined himself as did AVB. As for tactical naively too early to judge how Sherwood will adapt and grow into the job but admittedly he is certainly a rookie. Still just look at some of the results we had under those other two managers mentioned...hmm.

Ajax. But both were assistants before being the boss, albeit in Capello's case not for very long.

Edit - Wiki says Van Gaal was player/assistant at AZ for a bit before Ajax.

Last edited:
Most people would name clubs like AC/Ajax/Barca as big club examples that took a reasonably inexperienced manager.

I would say look at those clubs very closely, those clubs are much less dependent on the coach/manager as they have a system/culture/tools to run without the manager's every day input.

We have no such system, it's been something Levy has been trying to do, but never seems to come off.

that's a fair argument Raziel - i think you need to establish yourself at the top and then work behind the scenes for several years at molding the 'ethos' of the club before you start promoting from within, ideally

Tim Sherwood has seen how this club has been run from top to bottom for five years or more. He hasn't just blown in from nowhere.

Tim Sherwood has seen how this club has been run from top to bottom for five years or more. He hasn't just blown in from nowhere.

Well, he's seen this club from the position of 'Arry's tea boy to coaching the kids. Maybe he thinks that is top to bottom - wouldn't surprise me.

I think that a lot of assumptions are being made about Verts because of his body language. I am not saying that you are wrong but just because he has a relaxed demeanour, it doesn't mean that he doesn't care.

I think that a lot of the criticism Ade gets is because of his languid running style and how this colours people's view of his performance. The worst for this, I think, was Anderton, particularly from opposing fans.

As I said to my mate, this grossly simplifies what my major concerns with him are. For me, he is a potentially world class defender. However, he has not progressed as a player in 12 months and is firmly playing within himself/not showing any signs of growth/wanting to grow as a player and potential leader with us. IMO. It goes back to the deepest upset being when you see someone with all the tools only using half of them when they have the skill to utilize them all. He has it all in his locker. I thought he would become our skipper for years to come…I don't see that anymore…

As for Shaggy, well, that's a whole other debate/discussion!

But I hope it's clear why I have found myself ****ging Vertonghen so heavily in recent months.

LVG wouldn't need long. Three years to overhaul our rotten culture, bring in some silverwear and then hand over to someone like Danny Blind or FDB.

I honestly can't think of another route we can take that would improve our current lot, other than employing a big beast - it's the one thing we've not tried yet. Guardiola and Mourinho aren't available, and LVG really makes up the big 3 in that category. It's a unique combination of factors that puts him in the frame for our job - usually we'd never have a chance of attracting someone as good as him.

I'd love either of them. Or FDB. Or Spaletti.

LVG is my preferred option, just because I think he's arguably the best coach in the world. Remember Mourinho, Guardiola and FDB are his proteges. He's got it all - tactical, motivation, emphasis on youth, strong leadership, unrivalled track record of trophies. I'd be very confident that with minimal purchases he could coach our current squad into title contenders within 12 months.

Prandelli is similar to LVG in a number of ways, just perhaps without the strength of personality. But again he's a low resources manager that rings every last % out of what he has at his disposal.

It's a sound, and reasonable, time-frame for anyone but Daniel. You're essentially asking a man who likes to be involved to stay out of it all for three years, because LVG isn't coming here to be nickel-and-dimed by Daniel when it comes to the players he REALLY wants. I know it's churlish to look back, but the roots of AVB/Levy's breakdown lie in Moutinho. We obviously said we could afford him, yet as it was there to be done, Levy tried to chintz it out cheaper and ended up shafting everyone. Ditto David Villa.The ONLY way a manager of ANY calibre is going to be able to do anything, is if Daniel changes his ways for good….

Comical. But we both know he has been a bit more involved than that.

At the top? That's chairman right? Or at least DoF - don't think he's held either of those roles. And he's not been at the bottom either as Hoddle will tell you he put himself above all the other players.

Surely there's an amount of money that would make LvG leave his contract early?

well he is wasting his time with Holland.....theyll be home once the group phase is over. poorest Dutch squad ive ever seen

Isn't it treason to betray your country?

I'd be happy with him sending Danny Blind as a vanguard though.

Or even if we got Hoddle in for the last 8 games just to stop the disintegration and give us a bit of professionalism.

Last edited:
Isn't it treason to betray your country?

I'd be happy with him sending Danny Blind as an vanguard though.

Or even if we got Hoddle in for the last 8 games just to stop the disintegration and give us a bit of professionalism.

Hoddle or Freund or my nan. Any would do a better job.

there's no point doing anything now, the last thing we want is someone coming in and getting us back in the EL wait till summer and throw money at someone special

Why would Levy get anyone in now?
Our season is over. We have nothing to play for.

And regardless who is manager the players will know that and will play as if they are on the beach.
That's not the atmosphere a new manager needs if he wants to get off to flying start.

there's no point doing anything now, the last thing we want is someone coming in and getting us back in the EL wait till summer and throw money at someone special

The worse we get, the more all the players confidence will be destroyed, and the more likely our good players will leave in the summer.

We just need to write Timmeh off as our Meulensteen or Stuart Gray

The worse we get, the more all the players confidence will be destroyed, and the more likely our good players will leave in the summer.

We just need to write Timmeh off as our Meulensteen or Stuart Gray

I think most of them need to go, they've shown their mental fragility this season

Back