• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd be willing to give Hughton a go actually. Although I suppose technically he's Irish...

Show me a progressive, tactically-able English coach and I'll champion him to the hilt.

Sadly Hoddle was the last one of those this country produced (following on quickly from Robson and Venables). Hodgson isn't far off, but never quite got there.

Until we're developing much more capable coaches, wanting an English coach is a bit like wanting a one-legged striker.

I was talking about the way you usually put a positive spin to anything foreign.

Hughton can bore off with his tactics........someone like Eddie Howe should be given a chance at a higher level. Young, intelligent, his teams play a continental type game with good passing and clever movement.

Except he got sacked by Burnley when he did try and move to a higher level...

I'm not writing off his career yet obviously, but he's a long way to go.

Except he got sacked by Burnley when he did try and move to a higher level...

I'm not writing off his career yet obviously, but he's a long way to go.
sacked at Burnley, well Rodgers got sacked at Reading iirc.....some jobs are just not the right fit. AVB has been fired from 2 higher level jobs already, does that make him a bad manager?

I'd be willing to give Hughton a go actually. Although I suppose technically he's Irish...

Show me a progressive, tactically-able English coach and I'll champion him to the hilt.

Sadly Hoddle was the last one of those this country produced (following on quickly from Robson and Venables). Hodgson isn't far off, but never quite got there.

Until we're developing much more capable coaches, wanting an English coach is a bit like wanting a one-legged striker.

In what way do you think that Hughton is progressive or tactically able? I haven't heard many Norwich fans describe him in that way.

Like Martinez at Wigan, we won't know about Hughton until he gets given some better players.

You can look at what he does with what he's got now and besides he spent a fortune (for Norwich) in the summer. Talk to a Norwich fan about his use of substitutes.

Like Martinez at Wigan, we won't know about Hughton until he gets given some better players.
Martinez, at a smaller club in Wigan, at least had them playing some really good football.....Hughtons teams are horrid to watch.

You can look at what he does with what he's got now and besides he spent a fortune (for Norwich) in the summer. Talk to a Norwich fan about his use of substitutes.

Norwich fans are twunts, I come from the city - they were moaning about Hughton last season and he got them to 11th! Think they have a divine right to be in the PL playing swashbuckling attacking football and never appreciated him.

That said, I fear for them this season and think they are likely to go down.

Norwich fans are twunts, I come from the city - they were moaning about Hughton last season and he got them to 11th! Think they have a divine right to be in the PL playing swashbuckling attacking football and never appreciated him.

That said, I fear for them this season and think they are likely to go down.

The point I was making is that I fail to see how Hughton is the progressive tactically aware coach GB seems to think he is.

He seems a classic arms around the shoulder motivator to me and I would go so far as to say, he is one of the least tactically aware managers in the division.

I don't think it will be long before a decent team gives Uwe Rosler a go. He did well at Brentford, he has transformed Wigan, and when you hear him speak on the radio he is very articulate and considered. Now, he is someone I wouldn't mind being given a shot at Tottenham.

Hughton is safety first and unable to get the most out of the players at his disposal. No thanks.

I posted some stuff about Rösler in the FA Cup thread. Got a lot of good ideas and one of the things he did at Brentford was change the mentality of the club.

A clear out is the last thing we need, IMV.

No, the last thing we need is players with egos the size of mars thinking their too good for the club walking round like prima donnas and not giving a fuuck on the pitch.

Its poisonous, contagious and the polar opposite of what you need: a tightly knit group who want to win together.

And anyway i think a clear out is needed. We've assembled the biggest collection of average, similar players the world has ever seen.

Back