• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've said for about a year now Simeone is the new Fergy, both in style and personality. Hopefully UTD board agree with me. Hopefully he'll win either or both trophies and sees ready for a new challenge.

Talk****e said 7-10 days ago that they would announce our next manager in 48 hrs, I'm still waiting. Don't expect them to be accurate here and remember the press office at UTD categorically denied contact with LVG last week despite certain media establishments saying it happened.

If this is indeed the case though and they snap up LVG, Levy has only himself to blame as the bloke has been available for talks for some time now. Not sure if I could deal with keeping TS. Funny thing is the media say he's finished here despite the fact the club have said nothing of the sort leaving a few possibilities.

1) LVG is sewn up and the source at Spurs has let that slip.
2) We have someone other than LVG sewn up as he hasn't given us a straight answer.
3) The media are lying and Sherwood really will be having an end of season review, where he may even be kept on.

Given how TS has been behaving in his press conferences I'd say it's number 1 or 2, given that twunts like Martin Samuel are stating that he is off.

I'm sure we have a manager lined up. No other reason than having to endure TS for 6 months unless an excellent choice has been agreed for the summer.

Or we're waiting for the summer because it's a lot easier to tempt someone away from their current club then. Baldini and Levy will have put together a list of names and put out some feelers, but I don't think anything is signed or sealed yet.

I'm not convinced Man United will go for LVG. If it's true that they are wondering whether Moyes is the guy to carry out a 150M rebuild I'm not sure why LVG is really more qualified. He's a different kind of coach for a different kind of club IMO.

You are correct. Doesn't mean UTDs board will see sense tho. They are human beings who can make the same mistakes as everybody else.
IF LVG is available they may think its worth a 2 year contract until Pep or Jose comes available

He may not "fit" utds MO but he's
a) a good manager
b) enjoys working with what he has (the opposite of Moyes who clearly can't bring out the best of a team who are CHAMPIONS)
c) will be a better manager with 150m
d) will have a clear season with no Europe to go an win the league and establish the club and get them back on point

doesn't seem a bad idea to me if I was on UTDs board

Last edited:
Please can people keep United discussion to one of the two Man U threads on General Football.

I dont think United will go for LVG. I think they will want someone younger who can build a dynasty akin to Fergies. Or could be LVG with someone like Giggs as his protege. Its what I would have liked at Spurs with TS under LVG. Instance success (potentially) with good succession planning.

I can see them going for this option, unless there's a preferred candidate whom they couldn't pass up, who is ready to agree a contract right away. They'd be killing two birds with one stone: (a) they get a proven winner of a manager who will have them back in the top four again from the off and is as near as they can probably come to a guarantee of a ready-made legacy for an aspiring club-man apprentice like Giggs to inherit, and (b) they know they'll be dropping a massive bоllосk if they let Spurs get van Gaal; they'll be confident no preferred candidate on their list would be likely to accept the Tottenham job, and with the level of competition they already face, I think they might be as much interested in queering our pitch in that regard as in fixing their own problem. I said weeks ago that there was a danger we'd end up with Moyes when the dust settled.

I'm not convinced Man United will go for LVG. If it's true that they are wondering whether Moyes is the guy to carry out a 150M rebuild I'm not sure why LVG is really more qualified. He's a different kind of coach for a different kind of club IMO.

What do you mean by that? LVG has a stellar CV. He has expressed a desire to manage in the PL. Man U are still one of the biggest clubs in the world. They apparently have a war chest of £100 to £200m to spend on new players.

Why wouldn't LVG be the right man for them?

Oops just seen, Milo's post. Sorry.

To bring back on subject, if LGV isn't the right man for Utd, why would he be the right man for us?

Last edited:
Man. United sack a manager for the first time in 25 years...

...just as Spurs have their best prospective manager in 25 years - or more - lined up.

This is just Lasagne by another name. It's Chelsea fluking the European Cup. It's Martin Fulop having the worst game of his professional career on the last day of that season. It's Rosicky scoring his best goal in 6 years. It's West Brom tossing two nonsense crosses into the box in the first 2 minutes and scoring both. It's Soldado not getting a chance in 15 games.

It's complete fukking bullsh1t.

And yes, Manyoo will go for LvG and he'd be mad not to go.

Acceptable candidates left: Carlo Ancellotti, who's no better than 50/50 to be available, and less than that to take the Spurs job even if he is.

100% Spurs from top to tail.

Please can people keep United discussion to one of the two Man U threads on General Football.

Would be nice but at the same time both clubs appear to have the same interests here. Maybe it's ok if it's talk regarding LVG as his availability as his situation strongly involves us.

Man. United sack a manager for the first time in 25 years...

...just as Spurs have their best prospective manager in 25 years - or more - lined up.

This is just Lasagne by another name. It's Chelsea fluking the European Cup. It's Martin Fulop having the worst game of his professional career on the last day of that season. It's Rosicky scoring his best goal in 6 years. It's West Brom tossing two nonsense crosses into the box in the first 2 minutes and scoring both. It's Soldado not getting a chance in 15 games.

It's complete fukking bullsh1t.

And yes, Manyoo will go for LvG and he'd be mad not to go.

Acceptable candidates left: Carlo Ancellotti, who's no better than 50/50 to be available, and less than that to take the Spurs job even if he is.

100% Spurs from top to tail.

That cheered me up no end

What do you mean by that? LVG has a stellar CV. He has expressed a desire to manage in the PL. Man U are still one of the biggest clubs in the world. They apparently have a war chest of £100 to £200m to spend on new players.

To bring back on subject, if LGV isn't the right man for Utd, why would he be the right man for us?

It's not about his quality, it's about the type of coach he is.

You are correct in stating that LVG does indeed have a stellar CV, but from what I understand LVG is all about working with the players he has an coaching them rather than spending vast sums of money. This is also likely to be his last job so the Utd board may want a younger man who will build his own dynasty in the way Ferguson did.

LVG will be a quick fix where ever he goes and is undoubtedly supremely talented but whether he is what Utd or we require is open to debate I would suggest.

Back