• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're not gonna get LVG because Levy dragged his heels? What a silly thing to blame him for.

Unsurprisingly, LVG is not a complete macaron. He doesn't live in a footballing bubble, he will have realised that Man Utd have gone from 1st in the league.....to 6th/ 7th. He would have realised that this team may be looking to replace Moyes at the end of the season. He may have realised that they are a much bigger team than us, with more money and more draw. And though I am convinced that LVG is so arrogant that he probably genuinely believes he is a better manager than Ferguson but he will also realise that following Moyes will be a damn sight easier than following Ferguson.

So he knows these things. Levy approaches him and tells him I want you to be our manager.......He says wait a while, I'm focusing on the Netherlands, looking at my options etc etc. Nothing that Levy can say in this scenario would change his mind.

whatever circumstances you wish to use, i find it strange that you'd overlook a season such as this without having some logic behind why he has failed? for example i think he was walking in to a tough job on account of the squad Ferguson left him with and that following on from such a dynasty has it's inherent difficulties.

for Moyes to get us in the top four at the moment he'd have to change the habit of a lifetime and start picking up results against the 'top' sides or hope that a couple of the teams above us nosedive.

I don't make excuses tbh. He failed just as AVB failed at Chelski (yet people still wanted him). Some manager are just better suited to certain jobs and i feel Moyes for us would be the right fit.

What circumstances? he inherited a championship winning squad and has failed miserably.

I think he's better suited to managing us though providing we abolish the DOF system. My opinion is that he'll be as successful as Arry was and will get us into the top 4 in a season or 2.

Having Moyes in charge would be bad enough without him filling the squad with grafters.

I don't make excuses tbh. He failed just as AVB failed at Chelski (yet people still wanted him). Some manager are just better suited to certain jobs and i feel Moyes for us would be the right fit.

i wouldn't exactly call it making excuses, more offering an explanation why something could have happened... were you not one of the posters who thought his time at Chelsea was reason not to hire him in the first place?

i agree with the second part, definitley - just not that Moyes is the right fit

Why is City left out btw?

possibly because they were only a part of the top 4 for a couple of seasons whilst he was at Everton?

i wouldn't exactly call it making excuses, more offering an explanation why something could have happened... were you not one of the posters who thought his time at Chelsea was reason not to hire him in the first place?

i agree with the second part, definitley - just not that Moyes is the right fit.

yes i thought his time at Chelski was a big reason not to hire him. I stated that it's the way he failed that simply put me off him......employing a high line with John Terry and watching your team get destroyed by ball over top balls on a weekly basis and not changing it due to being a stubborn ****. Closing down like headless chickens in areas that were not even threatening....i mean i can go on and on. It wasn't that he failed but it's the way he failed that put me off.

What circumstances? he inherited a championship winning squad and has failed miserably.

I think he's better suited to managing us though providing we abolish the DOF system. My opinion is that he'll be as successful as Arry was and will get us into the top 4 in a season or 2.

I don't understand the obsession with DoFs. Pretty much every top club has someone (other than the manager) who deals with transfers and oversees footballing areas other than the first team. Over half the Premier League has a set up like this now. So why is it so important for us to buck the trend and go in the opposite direction?

I don't understand the obsession with DoFs. Pretty much every top club has someone (other than the manager) who deals with transfers and oversees footballing areas other than the first team. Over half the Premier League has a set up like this now. So why is it so important for us to buck the trend and go in the opposite direction?

It really depends on the manager is what i'm saying. If it's Moyes we should abolish it....if it's a manager that has worked under a DOF before then keep it.

Im not sure i agree with that, his record at Everton whenever he had money to spend was a little patchy iirc - done well with signing cheap players and building a functional team which was better than the sum of it's parts but im not sure how that would translate to us.

AVB played boring and negative football for sure but i criticised him more on the fact that he had a very flawed system.

Moyes' brand of football and Everton was pretty decent i thought.

I think Moyes was better at doing what he was trying to do, but disagree that that was anything other than horrible football.

AVB was simply trying a fairly standard brand of modern, possession football. It wasn't working fully, but I can see why many who are used to English football couldn't see the end game.

I think Moyes was better at doing what he was trying to do, but disagree that that was anything other than horrible football.

AVB was simply trying a fairly standard brand of modern, possession football. It wasn't working fully, but I can see why many who are used to English football couldn't see the end game.

Possession football is a beautiful thing but AVB's brand of possession football was broken and not suited to this league due to his inability to tweak the system.

Moyes really ain't the answer.... Forget what he has/hasn't done at Man U. Look at what Martinez has done at Everton.

Would rather have Tim... And maybe Scara would agree with me...... Ok I took it to far there.

If the hubcap thieves win the league whose to say the City and Cheatski jobs won't be up for grabs too?

I think will get another season. Possibly needs to have City within touching distance going into the last round.

Chelsea depends very much on Jose's ego and his relationship with Roman. With a decent striker they will be strong next season.

a 5th placed finish?

They still could get forth, he has a bettered Moyes Everton away win record against the top four in one season. They play better football. They have overtaken us and are challenging the goons.

In addition:
He has won something (although at Wigan ) and I would guess wigans top four away win record would better his at Everton. If just wanted to come sixth why not stick with Tim, who will bring through the youth as well.... And with the possibility of upside.... Not sure Moyes has upside.

a 5th placed finish?

Their best ever points total with three game to go, they haven't finished 5th yet either. He's also vastly improved the brand of football in the mean time, all that whilst making a £15m profit on transfers thanks to Moyes spunking £27.5m on Fellaini :ross: I'll take Sherwood ****ging off our squad over dour Moyes any day of the week, would be a horrific appointment. Let the likes of Villa/Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Norwich fight over him.

It really depends on the manager is what i'm saying. If it's Moyes we should abolish it....if it's a manager that has worked under a DOF before then keep it.

One of Everton fans main criticisms of him was that he was unable to make a decision on signings and always dragged his feet. The outcome is not a ringing endorsement admittedly but he's also worked with someone else dealing with transfers at Man U.

martinez has done a brilliant job but he's not eclipsed what Moyes achieved there yet (contrary to what some say). Moyes has finished 4th with Everton.

Back