• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JJetset has been effectively a PR machine for Sherwood for many years. It makes sense that he was out-of-the-loop during the AVB years, but should be back in it now. Hopefully if even the Timmeh camp are now resigned to LVG, then that's a stong indication that it's done.

Please don't make statements like this unless you can back them up

GB, some people on SC are guessing that JJetset's tweet is related the stadium or Llrois & Verts signing new deals. Even if his 'info' is spot in there's no indication that it is in relation to LvG. As for what the other 'ITK' tweeted, anyone could say that especially after the reports of 'another meeting between Levy and LvG' in January.

Also, tomorrow might as well be chalked off, Sherwood wouldn't be the first Spurs manager to not win at SB and looking at Mourinho's home record I wouldn't be surprised Levy will examine how we play more than the result we get.

GB, some people on SC are guessing that JJetset's tweet is related the stadium or Llrois & Verts signing new deals. Even if his 'info' is spot in there's no indication that it is in relation to LvG. As for what the other 'ITK' tweeted, anyone could say that especially after the reports of 'another meeting between Levy and LvG' in January.

Also, tomorrow might as well be chalked off, Sherwood wouldn't be the first Spurs manager to not win at SB and looking at Mourinho's home record I wouldn't be surprised Levy will examine how we play more than the result we get.

I think the two tweets were linked - that's how it came across on my feed. It was a 'nothing signed yet' responded to with a 'well actually...'

It's Caughtoffside so I wouldn't get a bona but here it is anyway.

Exclusive: Tottenham to Appoint Louis Van Gaal as Manager After the World Cup

by Bernard Thompson March 7th, 2014

Tottenham have agreed a deal with Louis van Gaal for the Dutchman to become the club’s new manager, CaughtOffside understands.

Van Gaal, 63, is currently in his second spell in charge of the Netherlands’ but he is set to step down after the World Cup, with former Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink his successor.

The Dutchman will take the reigns at White Hart Lane after this summer’s tournament, with Tim Sherwood remaining in charge until the end of the current campaign.

Spurs remain hopeful of finding a role for Sherwood under Van Gaal, who mentored Jose Mourinho at Barcelona in the late 1990s, but the 45-year-old may seek a top job elsewhere after winning plaudits since replacing Andre Villas-Boas in December.

Van Gaal has previously said he rejected the chance to replace the Portuguese because he did not want a job share but the former Ajax, Barca, AZ and Bayern Munich boss has since hinted he is keen to take the job at Spurs in the summer.

“I will definitely not be in charge for the Euro 2016 qualification campaign. I don’t know where I will go next. Normally I go with my pension, and go to live in Portugal [where he owns a property], but maybe there will come a new challenge,” van Gaal said in February.

“I have said before that a challenge should be a club in the Premier League. That’s a challenge. Maybe Tottenham are coming but, first, we have to go to Brazil.”

Spurs also sounded out Frank de Boer after dismissing Villas-Boas and the Dutchman’s brother, Ronaldo, said his twin may be ‘ready’ to swap Ajax for North London at the end of this season.

But Spurs chairman Daniel Levy felt a more experienced head was needed after Villas-Boas and Sherwood, both of whom have failed to get the team playing attractive and consistent football.

Levy is aware that Van Gaal is a winner and the chairman has reportedly handed the Dutchman a mandate to either win the Europa League or finish inside the top four next season. UEFA’s new regulations means the winner of the Europa League next season will qualify for the Champions League.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/0...up/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Please don't make statements like this unless you can back them up

Ok - read through the last 4 years of posts and I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion: https://twitter.com/jetsetyid

I think the two tweets were linked - that's how it came across on my feed. It was a 'nothing signed yet' responded to with a 'well actually...'

Highlights why one should be careful about jumping to conclusions about causation based on a perception of correlation.

Title is a wee bit miss-leading, moving to the Prem would 'complete' his career but he has mentioned us again.

Van Gaal talks about Tottenham move, would 'complete' his career

Posted by SPORT WITNESS on March 8, 2014 at 8:52 in Sport Witness Football

marcavangaal.PNG

Louis van Gaal is certainly using the run-up to this summer's World Cup to get his name into the market. Any clubs considering a change of manager in the summer cannot have failed to notice that the Dutchman is looking for a new job. He's said that he fancies a move to the Premier League and has repeated that once again in an interview with Marca.

Van Gaal spoke about concerns over his Dutch players ahead of the Brazil tournament and said a nightmare scenario for him would be Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben both being involved in the Champions League final. He may be wrong there because for Manchester United to get anywhere near it, Van Persie would have to be in blistering form, and that could only help at the World Cup.

The Spanish newspaper dutifully ask what Van Gaal will be up to after the World Cup and he voluntarily brings Tottenham up, stating it would complete his career to manager in the Premier League, but they're not the only possibility.

"I'll keep working, I will not be a retiree. I'd like to train in England, since I've worked in Spain, Germany and Holland. The Premier League may be my next stop, it's what I would like to complete my career. There has been talk of Tottenham, but surely there are more scenarios. Depends on many things when I decide to say goodbye to the Dutch Federation. First is the World Cup. Working daily alongside footballers is something I miss."

Tim Sherwood probably isn't keen on Van Gaal bringing up the Tottenham job routinely, it's not as if the position is vacant right now. Van Gaal's options will be limited and Manchester United is perhaps another scenario he's thinking about, if David Moyes continues to fail so spectacularly. It's unlikely Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool or Chelsea will be making a change and further down the prestige route is Everton, who appear incredibly happy with Roberto Martinez.
ADVERTISEMENT

Despite a sometimes strange approach, Alan Pardew isn't doing a sack-able job at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Manchester United and Tottenham appear the likeliest at this stage.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...-about-tottenham-move-would-complete-his-care

I guess it all depends on how Tim does from now on til the end, win today and he'll most probably become hot favourite but even if he doesn't I do get the feeling Van Gaal is just advertising himself to the Premier League more than anything, after all he isn't stupid and I'm sure will keep hos options, also I think don't Moyes is as safe as people think.

Last edited:
from that article and trying to read between the lines it seems to me like he's hoping United come to him in the summer.

feels like we're being mentioned in order to get other clubs to have a look. Purely speculative on my part though...

Agree Volspur.

The more this goes on, the more I get the feeling this won't happen. Also I can't imagine Levy being too impressed by Van Gaal constantly mentioning us especially when it's a man who "doesn't talk about approaches" when in a job, something he said to a dutch reporter during that video Mumourn posted.

Something that might be note worthy of this whole affair is that instead looking at what Spurs can lose we should be looking at what Spurs can gain. After all it could actually be a win win scenario, an up and coming manager who has shown promising signs and an experienced manager who has done the lot to choose from.

Lets be honest though he came out and admitted ages ago that before Sherwood had the job he was approached by DL about taking it on. What are the odds that every journalist that interviews him these days asks about that situation first?? I'd say a lot of them and he has no problem answering that question. There is probably a lot of things edited out of that piece that the editor didn't like just like the title, which was changed to be more sensational.

Face it, we only read what the journalist/editor wants us to

Lets be honest though he came out and admitted ages ago that before Sherwood had the job he was approached by DL about taking it on. What are the odds that every journalist that interviews him these days asks about that situation first?? I'd say a lot of them and he has no problem answering that question. There is probably a lot of things edited out of that piece that the editor didn't like just like the title, which was changed to be more sensational.

Face it, we only read what the journalist/editor wants us to

There was a non Spurs video that I saw earlier which demonstrated this perfectly. I'll try to find it.

Back