• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep. Any pro in the game for any period has a certain level of football nous but whether that translates to a tactical picture on the pitch depends on the person. I do think Tim sees the big picture as it unfolds and can react to it well, but for me there are still questions over how he prepares the team. I like that he learns from each situation and reacts but I can't help but think Tim sees the game in a fashion more akin to a fan.

I don't disagree but I feel a bit short of evidence to form a view that I am comfortable defending.

utter bull****.

Which part exactly? At least with AVB there was some kind of plan to our play, even if it wasn't always to everyone's liking. Right now it's a complete shambles. We have somehow picked up points, but we haven't played this poorly since Pleat in 04.

The intent behind your original post was pretty obvious, but things aren't that much different from a year ago, except the members of each "camp".

LVG is as amazing a manager as we could ever imagine getting.

Anybody who is even unsure about wanting him at Spurs has lost their mind in my opinion. It is a no brainer.

Which part exactly? At least with AVB there was some kind of plan to our play, even if it wasn't always to everyone's liking. Right now it's a complete shambles. We have somehow picked up points, but we haven't played this poorly since Pleat in 04.

The intent behind your original post was pretty obvious, but things aren't that much different from a year ago, except the members of each "camp".

wow if you say so. We played way worse under AVB but there's no point carrying this on.

Ramos after the carling cup victory? 2pts from 8? Jol at the start of 2007-2008 season? Santinis spell??

LVG is as amazing a manager as we could ever imagine getting.

Anybody who is even unsure about wanting him at Spurs has lost their mind in my opinion. It is a no brainer.

Basically this. I fear that his semi-flirtatious comments about the Spurs job is just smokescreen/stepping stone type behaviour and the chances are he will end up at 'top, top' club instead...

if there is a realistic chance of getting this guy we should move heaven & earth for him.

So why did he end up managing AZ Alkmaar if he is such a sought after manager? Looking at Wiki it appears he first went into coaching at AZ where he finished his playing days, so I can understand the affection for them, but surely he wouldn't have turned down a job offer from one of the big boys?

Edit: I guess this is why:
'Under Van Gaal, the Netherlands finished third in its qualifying group behind Portugal and the Republic of Ireland, failing to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1986. Van Gaal stepped down as manager on 31 January 2002 to be replaced by dingdong Advocaat. After this, speculation began that Van Gaal would succeed Alex Ferguson at Manchester United once Ferguson claimed he would retire that year. According to Van Gaal, Ferguson decided against retiring and the deal fell through. He returned to Barcelona for the start of the 2002–03 season, but left the job in January 2003 with Barcelona just three points away from the relegation zone.:eek:
In 2004, he returned to Ajax as a technical director, but resigned later that year due to an internal conflict.'

So why did he end up managing AZ Alkmaar if he is such a sought after manager? Looking at Wiki it appears he first went into coaching at AZ where he finished his playing days, so I can understand the affection for them, but surely he wouldn't have turned down a job offer from one of the big boys?

'Under Van Gaal, the Netherlands finished third in its qualifying group behind Portugal and the Republic of Ireland, failing to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 1986. Van Gaal stepped down as manager on 31 January 2002 to be replaced by dingdong Advocaat. After this, speculation began that Van Gaal would succeed Alex Ferguson at Manchester United once Ferguson claimed he would retire that year. According to Van Gaal, Ferguson decided against retiring and the deal fell through. He returned to Barcelona for the start of the 2002–03 season, but left the job in January 2003 with Barcelona just three points away from the relegation zone.:eek:
In 2004, he returned to Ajax as a technical director, but resigned later that year due to an internal conflict.'

lVG would be a car crash here, well past his sell by date! Why do we keep doing this to ourselves!

The guy is a disaster waiting to happen.

He took the AZ job because he was bored and wanted a huge challenge. He wanted to prove himself by doing the impossible - winning the Dutch league with the 'Swansea of Holland' against the traditional big 3 with their (relatively) massive resources.

It's why he fancies our job. Because it's a poison challice. He believes he'll win the league with us and get a huge one over his old apprentice (Mourinho).

Bit of noise on twitter tonight that the LvG contract has now been finalised. Expect more news will leak over the next few days if this is the case

NETH0001.GIF

Mourinho: "I think Bayern are getting better and better, I think this new Bayern started with Louis van Gaal"

More of the same at Spurs please Louis

Back