• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought he's in the process of signing a new 4 year deal with the Italian FA?

my quote was only going from a dream I had the other night.....Italy bombed out the wc...prandelli got the gig at spurs.

I think what I would like is a manager that 'most' of us could get behind...universal popularity is impossible but I dunno lets say 75% at least right behind the man at the top. We have had two years or so of doubt and factions.

AVB was a dream that died and despite what you might think I never wanted it to end that way, Sherwood who I feel has promise is living on borrowed time.

A new stadium and a coach who could be with us minimum 5 years play the right way and give a s**t about nuturing youth...thats what I would like.

I know LVG and his credentials...just worried it would all backfire again....like Ramos,AVB history repeats itself...we dont fulfill our ambitions.

Haven't seen anything on twitter about Van Gaal and Spurs, there's just his comments from last night's friendly with France and stories of Utd being after him as well.

Haven't seen anything on twitter about Van Gaal and Spurs, there's just his comments from last night's friendly with France and stories of Utd being after him as well.

This exchange seems to be the origin of all the excitement:

Adam Suter @Adam79Suter - "LVG - everything in place but not done"

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid - "Changes at spurs ......;0) Daniel has his mojo back :0)"

Bit of noise on twitter tonight that the LvG contract has now been finalised. Expect more news will leak over the next few days if this is the case

NETH0001.GIF

If he comes I hope it works out, I will support him and he will keep the support for longer if he plays the game in the right way, one reason I fast went off avb.

Think it was right to get rid of avb and right to give Sherwood his chance but it is also right to look for an upgrade on Sherwood. LVG comes with a good rep so yeah lets go for it and support him.

My concerns centre no matter who is the manager with the whole Director of football system. But I will watch Holland with interest this summer to see how they play. Would love danny blind and joddy claisse to come along with him.

If he comes I hope it works out, I will support him and he will keep the support for longer if he plays the game in the right way, one reason I fast went off avb.

Think it was right to get rid of avb and right to give Sherwood his chance but it is also right to look for an upgrade on Sherwood. LVG comes with a good rep so yeah lets go for it and support him.

My concerns centre no matter who is the manager with the whole Director of football system. But I will watch Holland with interest this summer to see how they play. Would love danny blind and joddy claisse to come along with him.

LVG has only ever managed with a DoF, and has been a DoF himself, so I'm sure that will be fine. Baldini is supposed to be a very cordial/popular character.

Do you mean Danny Blind or Daley Blind? Danny is LVGs assistant and likely to be a backroom appointment. Daley is the LB who his father might help bring across too?

I like Claisse too

LVG has only ever managed with a DoF, and has been a DoF himself, so I'm sure that will be fine. Baldini is supposed to be a very cordial/popular character.

Do you mean Danny Blind or Daley Blind? Danny is LVGs assistant and likely to be a backroom appointment. Daley is the LB who his father might help bring across too?

I like Claisse too

wow did not know they were father and son. I meant the left back for ajax, who although they have been on the end of some shocking defeats has looked good. I have seen 4 ajax games on t.v. this season and seen the round ups. Not enough to say whether he is a great left back but i think he has something and if his father is going to be our new assistant it is possible he will come as well.

He took the AZ job because he was bored and wanted a huge challenge. He wanted to prove himself by doing the impossible - winning the Dutch league with the 'Swansea of Holland' against the traditional big 3 with their (relatively) massive resources.

It's why he fancies our job. Because it's a poison challice. He believes he'll win the league with us and get a huge one over his old apprentice (Mourinho).

You missed out the "I think.." bit again GB.

If we're talking Dutch players you'd like LVG to bring in, I would definitely recommend Daryl Janmaat, I've been very impressed with him. I think he has a real bright future. Of course Memphis Depay would be a good "potential" signing. Young but has BAGS of potential. Luc Castaignos never quite lived up to the hype, but I think Depay will.

wow did not know they were father and son. I meant the left back for ajax, who although they have been on the end of some shocking defeats has looked good. I have seen 4 ajax games on t.v. this season and seen the round ups. Not enough to say whether he is a great left back but i think he has something and if his father is going to be our new assistant it is possible he will come as well.

Jetro Willems is Holland's other LB prospect. Either him or Blind would be interesting solutions to our LB issue.

If we're talking Dutch players you'd like LVG to bring in, I would definitely recommend Daryl Janmaat, I've been very impressed with him. I think he has a real bright future. Of course Memphis Depay would be a good "potential" signing. Young but has BAGS of potential. Luc Castaignos never quite lived up to the hype, but I think Depay will.

One word of caution is that LVG isn't that into signings, he prefers working with what he's got and making them better through coaching and organisation.

Basically I would expect only very choice incomings, rather than a whole raft of them. But there is some good young Dutch talent out there to pillage.

This exchange seems to be the origin of all the excitement:

Adam Suter @Adam79Suter - "LVG - everything in place but not done"

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid - "Changes at spurs ......;0) Daniel has his mojo back :0)"

I'd put away the champagne, let alone back on ice. They are the two worst ITKs I can remember. Since JJetset got the Saha and Nelson deals right he's got everything wrong since.

I'd put away the champagne, let alone back on ice. They are the two worst ITKs I can remember. Since JJetset got the Saha and Nelson deals right he's got everything wrong since.

JJetset has been effectively a PR machine for Sherwood for many years. It makes sense that he was out-of-the-loop during the AVB years, but should be back in it now. Hopefully if even the Timmeh camp are now resigned to LVG, then that's a stong indication that it's done.

One word of caution is that LVG isn't that into signings, he prefers working with what he's got and making them better through coaching and organisation.

Basically I would expect only very choice incomings, rather than a whole raft of them. But there is some good young Dutch talent out there to pillage.

perfect for our business side which need to fund the new stadium build. expecting a few lean years ahead.

Yep lol. Then he cried about people calling him out on it and said he'll never report anything itk again...which lasted all of 2 minutes.

Back