• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8 wins, 2 loses and 2 draws in the 12 league games Sherwood has been in charge. 26 points from a possible 36...not bad at all.

I think that he has done better than most exected but it is too short a period of time to read much into his results.

8 wins, 2 loses and 2 draws in the 12 league games Sherwood has been in charge. 26 points from a possible 36...not bad at all.

I think you've got to consider the fixtures though - it has coincided with our easiest run of games - we've only played one team above us in that period (and got hammered 5-1). The serious tests will come over the next few weeks starting Saturday.

You've also got to consider that we've lost all our cup games bar one.

And (the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game aside) we've been playing crap/unorganised/undisciplined football. I will never forget the hillarious period against Norwich when Chadli and Lennon were both playing on the same wing for about 10 minutes and no-one twigged. That was Sunday league gold.

beat me to it GB

although I'd say that our defensive performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was crap/unorganised/undisciplined as well

beat me to it GB

although I'd say that our defensive performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was crap/unorganised/undisciplined as well

Agaist Saudi Sportswashing Machine I thought we were decent defensively. Deploying a DM (for the 1st time?) in the shape of Capoue worked quiet well. They did have a couple of attempts but there's always going to be a few.

We got 28 from the same period last season. Didn't stop people ****ging off AVB and we've arguably gotten worse performance wise since Sherwood took charge.

Agaist Saudi Sportswashing Machine I thought we were decent defensively. Deploying a DM (for the 1st time?) in the shape of Capoue worked quiet well. They did have a couple of attempts but there's always going to be a few.

it's possible I'm remembering it wrong but I'd say they had about as many chances as we did, including a spell in the second half where we got away with a few and lloris saved a few

I'd say the main difference in that game was lloris played well and Krul didn't

Too bad his cup record puts a pretty bad dent in those numbers

That's too few games to make a reasonable judgement over too. Besides:

West Ham - one training session to prepare
Arsenal - flying high at the time and we were suffering from injury problems at the time
Dnipro Away - a luke warm performance but we created enough chances to win on the night and the tie was not dead at the end of the game

We got 28 from the same period last season. Didn't stop people ****ging off AVB and we've arguably gotten worse performance wise since Sherwood took charge.

I think that depends on where you bench mark from. We were retched at times in the first half of this season.

I thought at the time that the team needed time to settle but the issues that it has become clear that AVB had behind the scenes since, made his position untenable and the chances of him turning it around zero.

Our inability to attract any of our preferred managerial targets left us with Sherwood. I would agree that his teams have been more open but I suspect that this has been a calculated gamble.

I also think that his willingness to address issues during a game and us generally being better in the second half under him, suggest that he is not the tactical dunce some seem to think.

it's possible I'm remembering it wrong but I'd say they had about as many chances as we did, including a spell in the second half where we got away with a few and lloris saved a few

I'd say the main difference in that game was lloris played well and Krul didn't

I think you might be. They didn't really have that many chances and from my albeit poor recollection of the match their chances were a little speculative, but well executed. I thought some of Lloris saves were for his highlight reel if I was honest. My overriding impression of that match was one that we thoroughly deserved to win and an in particular our shape and balance was better than it had been.

Mind there are plenty of other examples where we've got away with it but I guess the numbers are stacking up in Sherwood's favour.

I think you've got to consider the fixtures though - it has coincided with our easiest run of games - we've only played one team above us in that period (and got hammered 5-1). The serious tests will come over the next few weeks starting Saturday.

You've also got to consider that we've lost all our cup games bar one.

And (the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game aside) we've been playing crap/unorganised/undisciplined football. I will never forget the hillarious period against Norwich when Chadli and Lennon were both playing on the same wing for about 10 minutes and no-one twigged. That was Sunday league gold.

AVB's record when playing teams above us this season:

Chelsea (home) = 1-1
Liverpool (home) = - 0-5
Arsenal (away) = 0-1
Emirates Marketing Project (away) = 0-6

What's your point again?

I think that depends on where you bench mark from. We were retched at times in the first half of this season.

I thought at the time that the team needed time to settle but the issues that it has become clear that AVB had behind the scenes since, made his position untenable and the chances of him turning it around zero.

Our inability to attract any of our preferred managerial targets left us with Sherwood. I would agree that his teams have been more open but I suspect that this has been a calculated gamble.

I also think that his willingness to address issues during a game and us generally being better in the second half under him, suggest that he is not the tactical dunce some seem to think.

Yep. Any pro in the game for any period has a certain level of football nous but whether that translates to a tactical picture on the pitch depends on the person. I do think Tim sees the big picture as it unfolds and can react to it well, but for me there are still questions over how he prepares the team. I like that he learns from each situation and reacts but I can't help but think Tim sees the game in a fashion more akin to a fan.

why does every 'negative' summation of Sherwoods performance as manager need to be answered with some stuff about AVB?

why does every 'negative' summation of Sherwoods performance as manager need to be answered with some stuff about AVB?

I think because on this board there tends to be two main camps; Pro Sherwood and Pro AVB. Anyone who comments negatively with regards to Sherwood is instantly seen as a member of the AVB party and so the Sherwoodites (TM) instantly retaliate with a negative stat from the AVB reign.

sorry KD i hadn't seen that - in those cases obviously just a continuation of the discussion. what i was referring to (in part) was your reply to GB

sorry i hadn't seen that - in those cases obviously juist a continuation of the discussion. what i was referring to (in part) was your reply to GB

Billy? how was it a continuation of a discussion? he's talking about something completely irrelevant (our points total from games last season). I could easily bring up something totally irrelevant (maybe Redknapp's point total from games in the 09/10 season) and somehow link it to make Redknapp look good and AVB look bad. **** is very easy to do.

I think because on this board there tends to be two main camps; Pro Sherwood and Pro AVB. Anyone who comments negatively with regards to Sherwood is instantly seen as a member of the AVB party and so the Sherwoodites (TM) instantly retaliate with a negative stat from the AVB reign.

i don't really see it like that - obviously when AVB was here there was those who wanted to give him more time and there were those that thought he had had enough - but i don't think that those two sets of posters have now all taken up the corresponding sides on the Sherwood issue - Im sure there are plenty who were 'pro' AVB who are now also 'pro' Sherwood and vice versa.

Billy? how was it a continuation of a discussion? he's talking about something completely irrelevant (our points total from games last season). I could easily bring up something totally irrelevant (maybe Redknapp's point total from games in the 09/10 season) and somehow link it to make Redknapp look good and AVB look bad. **** is very easy to do.

like i said KD i wasn't referring to your discussion with Jord, i had just seen your post in reply to GB where he hadn't mentioned AVB, in which i think he raised a valid point re Sherwood having his toughest tests to come - the AVB results that you posted in reply seemed irrelevant to me in that particular discussion.

i just thought it was a good point to mention something which ive been thinking of lately.

Back