• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

AG has absolutely no idea at all on this does he?

He's explained it in one of his longer mumble ons

- His club contacts are much more likely to let him in on whats "not happening"

So his "could be's" are usually same level as others, i.e. pure speculation, his "it's not this guy" is a little more accurate.

If you were Poch would you come back?

It’s going to take a lot of work and money to get back to where he had us, which for some people still wouldn’t represent success unless we pick up a league cup.

Surely a full season at PSG, get a league title and carefully pick teams with less richer competitors is the way forward.

Personally I wouldn’t mind him, back but only after a few years of proving somewhere else that it was the constraints of our financial and ground situation rather than his transfer choices that caused the decline in results.

Apologies for stepping in to correct an errant point made. I didn't make any reference as to how 'important' the trophy was, just stated that it wasn't correct to say that he'd won zero trophies as manager.

I could point out that my original point was that he hasn't won anything with Spurs but it doesn't really matter. I think we understand each other's point so we're cool on that, as far as I'm concerned.

It’s going to take a lot of work and money to get back to where he had us, which for some people still wouldn’t represent success unless we pick up a league cup.

Surely a full season at PSG, get a league title and carefully pick teams with less richer competitors is the way forward.

Personally I wouldn’t mind him, back but only after a few years of proving somewhere else that it was the constraints of our financial and ground situation rather than his transfer choices that caused the decline in results.

Would you still wear this t-shirt, several months after being sacked by the club?

NINTCHDBPICT000592432717.jpg

Would you still get this BBQ (and matching club flip-flops), several months after being sacked by the club?

0_Screen-Shot-2020-06-21-at-034654.png

Poch is a spiritual man. He knows his destiny is to follow the aura of the lemons

The sacking needed to happen though as both poch and levy needed to learn certain lessons.

It is good that he was sacked, it needed to happen for his tenure to keep working and now he needs to return to continue that tenure.

By the way winning the league at psg wont prove anything, not to us or himself.

Would you still wear this t-shirt, several months after being sacked by the club?

NINTCHDBPICT000592432717.jpg

Would you still get this BBQ (and matching club flip-flops), several months after being sacked by the club?

0_Screen-Shot-2020-06-21-at-034654.png

Poch is a spiritual man. He knows his destiny is to follow the aura of the lemons
I’m not disputing the affection he has for us (Jesus said something about coming back one day, which is also a great set up for a gag), just the timing of it makes me think he has more to lose than gain. We can quite easily sink lower and then he could come back with a stronger cv / lower expectation.

I love the man, and want him back at some point, but I'm not sure what is any different from the last 12 months under his reign. The CL run masked how poor we were in the league, the famous diamond formation and our squad is weaker than it was when we were struggling when he left. No Dembele, Eriksen, Jan possibly no Kane or Aurier, and Winks, Sissoko and Dier in the first team.

The feel good factor of bringing him back just seems like another get out of jail free card for the squad and Levy. A completely new man can come with a list of 10 players to get rid off.

S ome sense at last.

I’m not disputing the affection he has for us (Jesus said something about coming back one day, which is also a great set up for a gag), just the timing of it makes me think he has more to lose than gain. We can quite easily sink lower and then he could come back with a stronger cv / lower expectation.

No mate this is the perfect time for his return.

Poch is perfect for us and vice versa. He needed to continue 18 months ago but vital lessons had to be learned by levy and poch so he had to go.

18 months on both men (especially levy) has imo now learned the lessons i.e. levy has learned them in the last couple of months imo.

So therefore right now is the perfect time for him to return.

No mate this is the perfect time for his return.

Poch is perfect for us and vice versa. He needed to continue 18 months ago but vital lessons had to be learned by levy and poch so he had to go.

18 months on both men (especially levy) has imo now learned the lessons i.e. levy has learned them in the last couple of months imo.

So therefore right now is the perfect time for him to return.

For him it's not the perfect time. He's at possibly the richest club in the world heading into a summer transfer window. Getting ready for his first full season in charge. Where he can get a team to challenge for the league and cl. Or he can leave come to probably the most indebted club in the world to challenge for the conference league.

Yes, I get the idea and, again, to each, their own but I still find it... strange, for lack of a better word.

The idea that he's the ideal candidate also looks completely preposterous, to tell it like it is for me. Basically, people have constructed that profile from Pochettino's and then, surprise, surprise, he fits his own profile. That's great news. Now, here's another profile: a proven winner, who's worked with the best players out there and can attract them based on his reputation, who knows how to build a solid defense and who speaks Portuguese. He could also have a strong but controversial personality to draw the attention away from the players. Ring a bell?

Ah yes, he's failed miserably but that's because the club failed to back him properly. If we'd signed Dias, Fernandes, Messi and Skriniar, we'd be fine. Maybe we should give it another try?

Again, I understand the goodwill and all that but, from where I stand (and I'm sorry if that sounds offensive - I don't mean to be rude, it's just the way I see it), it looks like kids who don't want to taste new food because they already know they love their pasta. What's the point of trying anything else? Let's have pasta every day of the week!

For me (and, again, I stress it's only my opinion as I understand it's a sensitive subject), that's not how things work. When we appointed Pochettino in the first place, nobody would have guessed how far he (and that squad) would take us. And yet he did. Who's to say now that Potter or Rangnick or Gasperini or Ten Hag or somebody else who hasn't been mentioned yet isn't going to take us even further? But we'll never know for sure if we keep coming back to Pochettino.

I'm guessing it all boils down to whether you think he was a couple of signings away from winning a big prize. I see no hard fact that supports that theory, only blind faith in the man.

Mind you, my opinion would be completely different if we were flirting with relegation. Then we'd need someone to steady the ship, preferably someone who knows the club inside out. Then, he'd be my first choice, without the shadow of a doubt. But it's a completely different moment: we're on the verge of a new cycle, we need to replace a huge part of this squad and begin a new chapter and, for me, the worst thing we could do is begin it with the guy who symbolically wrote the last sentence of the previous one.

I see what you’re saying. My comment on ‘ideal profile’ stems from the idea that, if we are to be a club that doesn’t spend the absolute most money, we need a guy that builds a system, a culture and a spirit which allows us to compete. Poch is that. To an extent ETH or Potter would be too, but they don’t have the romance. Poch has the combination of being the right profile, plus being unjustly screwed and deserving of being able to right the wrongs. And because he was the right profile (IMO) there was always this idea that he didn’t need to be sacked, that it was a mistake, and even if we got someone like him, it probably would just be a lower tier version.

So for me it really isn’t just ‘I love Poch, get him back’. It’s more ‘he is the right kind of profile, and the problems we had when he left weren’t really down to him, given he was calling for changes 2 years prior to it’. He earned the right to be trusted to do it his way IMO, and I’d love to see if that can work out.

I suspect it won’t, but if Levy had some realisation that our best chance of competing was with him, and there wasn’t likely to be some other miracle worker out there, then I’d be over the moon.

For him it's not the perfect time. He's at possibly the richest club in the world heading into a summer transfer window. Getting ready for his first full season in charge. Where he can get a team to challenge for the league and cl. Or he can leave come to probably the most indebted club in the world to challenge for the conference league.

Yes I would agree but for some reason the man is deeply in love with the club and imo is desperate to return right now.

I guess we will find out soon as if he does want to return then its a done deal and will happen.

Yes I would agree but for some reason the man is deeply in love with the club and imo is desperate to return right now.

I guess we will find out soon as if he does want to return then its a done deal and will happen.

He played for psg. Guessing he has some affection for them too.

Would love Poch back.... but, all things end, and having Poch back means Levy would potentially have to admit he wrong twice, by re-hiring him then potentially re-firing him. Could Levy's ego handle that scenario??

Back