• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

And we hadn’t?
We played the week before
We had played more games than them all season

We played:

Leeds then a week later we played Wolves then midwek again vs Aston Villa

They played Saudi Sportswashing Machine the day before we played Leeds, then Man utd in mid week before the FA Cup final. Then Chelsea midweek again then us.

Big difference. Plus we had a week off.

I can totally understand why they'd have been drained on Sunday tbh

He has worked with a DoF at all his clubs - Ramon Planes at Espanyol, Les Reed at Southampton, Baldini then Mitchells with us, and now Leonardo at PSV.

I think he wants someone he trusts that he can delegate to, not to do it himself. I always got the impression that he is obsessed with coaching the best out of his players, but not bothered about general global talent spotting/awareness that goes with recruitment responsibilities.

I'm pretty sure he asked Levy to make him manager and NOT keep a DoF when he was here before...

Reactions: DTA
We played:

Leeds then a week later we played Wolves then midwek again vs Aston Villa

They played Saudi Sportswashing Machine the day before we played Leeds, then Man utd in mid week before the FA Cup final. Then Chelsea midweek again then us.

Big difference. Plus we had a week off.

I can totally understand why they'd have been drained on Sunday tbh

Yet we don’t give our own team the same excuses :mad::mad::mad:

And arguably PSG are further away than they were before he joined. I mean they won the league and made the final the season before

Tuchel left a mess there, they are playing better than when he came in but we know that Poch needs a while to fully get his ideas across and a pre-season to get fitness where he needs it.

Did Poh really give our youngsters that many chances to play though?
Tanganga was nowehere to be seen before Jose, ditto Skipp etc

This was my one bug bear with Poch - not sending the kids out... they do not get the experiences required training with the first team. Kane, Townsend, Mason, Walker, Rose all done the hard yards and became established PL players...

Tuchel left a mess there, they are playing better than when he came in but we know that Poch needs a while to fully get his ideas across and a pre-season to get fitness where he needs it.
A mess?
They were 1 point off top
That’s not a mess IMO
I do agree he does need time with the players though
But also are they coachable players?
That first half vs city in the first leg they were outstanding
After that they were crap and actually really really dumb too

No, i mean years before summer 2019. I'm sure after Baldini left, his job title changed and it was reported he didn't want a DoF above him etc
My memory is awful, I remember stuff, but not when.
But as I recall it when things started going south and purchases were questioned.
Could be, and probably am wrong though :)

A mess?
They were 1 point off top
That’s not a mess IMO
I do agree he does need time with the players though
But also are they coachable players?
That first half vs city in the first leg they were outstanding
After that they were crap and actually really really dumb too

That first half delighted and infuriated me: if Neymar hadn'tr wanted to do his showpony routine i'm convinced they'd have gone in two up and City would have mentally lost it.
I can't remember the last time City were out-passed, outmuscled in one half like that (pretty sure PSG had far more posession too, City were often chasing shadows).
I think it was likely Poch that last did that to a Pep side apart from Klopp (and even then with Liverpool it was about decisive breaks as opposed to total posession and tactical dominance)

Back