• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

That first half delighted and infuriated me: if Neymar hadn'tr wanted to do his showpony routine i'm convinced they'd have gone in two up and City would have mentally lost it.
I can't remember the last time City were out-passed, outmuscled in one half like that (pretty sure PSG had far more posession too, City were often chasing shadows).
I think it was likely Poch that last did that to a Pep side apart from Klopp (and even then with Liverpool it was about decisive breaks as opposed to total posession and tactical dominance)
I was so so impressed that half
They were amazing
Second half... weak and naive suddenly
Really odd contrast

Theres a surprise.

It just doesnt make sense on many levels for him to come here now. But the way this thread has gone it wont stop Poch discussions for another 100 pages, much like Rodgers after he clearly said he wasn't coming:D.....

It going to be Potter or ETH

It going to be Potter or ETH
Ten Hag is staying at Ajax. He has unequivocally stated this several times in the last few weeks, and he's the kind of man whose word means something. Also, the rumour mill in the Netherlands, always very focused on Ajax, is completely silent - still essentially the same press that reported the transfers of Vertonghen, Janssen, and Bergwijn before the English press got wind.

Ten Hag is staying at Ajax. He has unequivocally stated this several times in the last few weeks, and he's the kind of man whose word means something. Also, the rumour mill in the Netherlands, always very focused on Ajax, is completely silent - still essentially the same press that reported the transfers of Vertonghen, Janssen, and Bergwijn before the English press got wind.
None of that has been reported here

I'm still thinking ETH is the front runner. But whoever it ends up being the club have kept all the info in-house pretty well haven't they? No one seems to have had any info other than those reports we spoke to Ten Hag weeks ago.

I'm still thinking ETH is the front runner. But whoever it ends up being the club have kept all the info in-house pretty well haven't they? No one seems to have had any info other than those reports we spoke to Ten Hag weeks ago.

Either that or the club haven’t a clue.
I’m beginning to think it’s the latter.

Either that or the club haven’t a clue.
I’m beginning to think it’s the latter.

Or as has been repeatedly said
- The managers we are interested in were in a job
- You don't pick people based on paper CV regardless of how good, they have to do an interview process
- If you are going to pay someone £10-15M/yr, you probably want at least one of those interviews to be in person
- See point above, prior to Sunday, most managers in UK would not have been able to "break the bubble" for a physical interview, and even more complexity with quarantines, amber/red list countries if they are not UK based.
- Add contract negotiations, possible fact that it may be manager +DoF

So it's been 48 hours since any real interviews might be possible and your answer is "yeah, fudge it, obviously they don't have a clue"

Or as has been repeatedly said
- The managers we are interested in were in a job
- You don't pick people based on paper CV regardless of how good, they have to do an interview process
- If you are going to pay someone £10-15M/yr, you probably want at least one of those interviews to be in person
- See point above, prior to Sunday, most managers in UK would not have been able to "break the bubble" for a physical interview, and even more complexity with quarantines, amber/red list countries if they are not UK based.
- Add contract negotiations, possible fact that it may be manager +DoF

So it's been 48 hours since any real interviews might be possible and your answer is "yeah, fudge it, obviously they don't have a clue"

That leans against Ten Hag, as the Dutch league has been finished a week and a half now

That leans against Ten Hag, as the Dutch league has been finished a week and a half now

Or they are interviewing multiple candidates and they met him first in the last few days. Who knows! I am quite impressed how quiet they kept it, but getting anxious and want to crack on now. We have a busy summer ahead with ins and outs this year!

Or they are interviewing multiple candidates and they met him first in the last few days. Who knows! I am quite impressed how quiet they kept it, but getting anxious and want to crack on now. We have a busy summer ahead with ins and outs this year!

Yes, but better to spend another 7-10 days and get it right ..

I believe PSG won the French Cup a week ago so he's got that monkey off of his back.

Yeah, right... I bet he's got a few with Real Madrid on Football Manager, too. I meant zero titles with Spurs but kudos for winning a pointless competition. Take any Dinamo Zagreb manager from the last 20 years and they've got plenty of silverware too.

Not disagreeing with your points, but I'm a little confused about the big forward thinking clubs making sensible managerial appointments?

I don't know about sensible but which of these clubs have rehired one of their former managers? I think Bayern did, certainly with Heynckes and maybe with Hitzfeld too.

Back