• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Indeed.... Poch with an excellent DoF and Levy having learned from his mistakes and not cheaping out on him could be the golden ticket....

Personally don't see, too soon and all that.

- The attraction is clear, he does fit a profile, and just the excitement on this thread shows Levy is getting good PR/goodwill with it.

The ONLY way it makes sense is if

- it's long term, both parties commit that this is a journey, if it take 5-7 years, so be it
- there needs to be a clear out (no Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, etc that failed previously under Poch)
- There needs to be a DoF, I don't think Poch is good enough or interested enough in buying players and if it's Levy it automatically creates tension
- Levy needs to show the spend roadmap, Poch needs to be a little smarter with lesser cups.

But the biggest part is probably what we will never know, i.e. his relationship with club, players, etc. Was it really as close as it appeared?

I'd argue their league didn't 'fall away' after the cup final, they just had two of the harder games in the season after it. They did beat Manure at OT after all.

It was games they blew before then that cost them, e.g. losing 4-2 at home to Steve bleeping Bruce!
Or maybe their form has flat lined over what is a really weak season for the league
I’d argue that United and Leiscter have stood still what others have got worse
For city to win the league from being upper mid table at Christmas and win it at a canter (after their mid season COVID break) and for United to get second with a points total that in the past may have got you 4th shows how it’s all been a bit odd

I am fine if we get Rogers
The guys a quality coach and players like playing for him
All thy happened on Sunday was we showed we can be better than them. That’s not a surprise as we can be better than most sides when we want to be... the key being is how often we “want to be”
That was a really good 4-1 win (their 2nd penalty was a joke so I’m not counting it)
What was surprising was how we dominated key areas more and more as the game went in once they lost fafana
Tielemans was hardly in the game once Ndidi dropped back and was Maddison playing?!?

I saw the second half from the joke penalty. I thought they were intentionally sitting off us to trap us into leaving space in behind. Turned out we were slowly turning the screw and they were panicking/bottling it.

It wasn't impressive from them or Rodgers tbf as i don't think tactically we are particularly good (see previous games where we've been tactically schooled). Rodgers has made his reputation on tactical/coaching actions and he tactically seemed to wilt imo.

Can you imagine how much more their fans hate us now lol

I saw the second half from the joke penalty. I thought they were intentionally sitting off us to trap us into leaving space in behind. Turned out we were slowly turning the screw and they were panicking/bottling it.

It wasn't impressive from them or Rodgers tbf as i don't think tactically we are particularly good (see previous games where we've been tactically schooled). Rodgers has made his reputation on tactical/coaching actions and he tactically seemed to wilt imo.

Can you imagine how much more their fans hate us now lol
they hate us a lot
It’s why I really enjoyed it
And maybe we’re better than our results show but also have scope to be MUCH a better with a decent coach and some decent CBs

Personally don't see, too soon and all that.

- The attraction is clear, he does fit a profile, and just the excitement on this thread shows Levy is getting good PR/goodwill with it.

The ONLY way it makes sense is if

- it's long term, both parties commit that this is a journey, if it take 5-7 years, so be it
- there needs to be a clear out (no Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, etc that failed previously under Poch)
- There needs to be a DoF, I don't think Poch is good enough or interested enough in buying players and if it's Levy it automatically creates tension
- Levy needs to show the spend roadmap, Poch needs to be a little smarter with lesser cups.

But the biggest part is probably what we will never know, i.e. his relationship with club, players, etc. Was it really as close as it appeared?

Re your last part: i think the relationship was close as any at any club...i think it slowly deteriorated due to internal conflicts and outside influences slowly chipping away at the internal spirit that had been forged and was probably at its height around the time we beat Chelski 3-1 away for the first time in a generation

I still have him as my preferred option, out of those who I view as realistic. I dont think 1 game changes whether you're a good or bad manager. I dont see who else ticks as many boxes

I don't view Poch as realistic (yet), until there are some proper rumours of PSG firing him. I cant see us approaching PSG to buy him out of his contract, and not sure I see us approaching PSG and them agreeing some mutual consent separation with Poch

PSG wont fire him imo as that would be incredibly harsh after 6 months. They will imo happily give him a full season to see what he can do BUT I do think they would be open to him going if we approached them and he expressed a desire to join us.

Because they dont mind giving him next year but at the same time I’m sure getting in a sexy name and proven winner like a conte or zidane also really appeals to them.

So we have to approach them and then imo it will happen if poch wants it to. And why wouldn’t we approach them if that is what it takes, especially as he only has 12 months left on his contract so cant be big money to buy him out.

they hate us a lot
It’s why I really enjoyed it
And maybe we’re better than our results show but also have scope to be MUCH a better with a decent coach and some decent CBs

Yeah, i love it too. Was high-fiving my boy when Bale's goals were going thinking of their faces (and those of Gooners we know and see online).

Nice feeling going into the summer - until you see the competition we've qualified for:(

They might not have had it left in the tank to do so..... They did try to press us after we'd got it to 2-2 and that left a lot of gaps for us to exploit, I think because their press wasn't particularly well orchestrated. I'm not sure that Leicester have been a pressing team this season anyway have they?

If you're not pressing as a unit, you're not pressing. I think that you might be right about not having enough in the tank. They let us off

PSG wont fire him imo as that would be incredibly harsh after 6 months. They will imo happily give him a full season to see what he can do BUT I do think they would be open to him going if we approached them and he expressed a desire to join us.

Because they dont mind giving him next year but at the same time I’m sure getting in a sexy name and proven winner like a conte or zidane also really appeals to them.

So we have to approach them and then imo it will happen if poch wants it to. And why wouldn’t we approach them if that is what it takes, especially as he only has 12 months left on his contract so cant be big money to buy him out.

Poch is an ambitious man. Why leave a CL club with top players (yes, one is about to leave, but one is possibly leaving us) to slum it in the Europa conference league?

Poch is an ambitious man. Why leave a CL club with top players (yes, one is about to leave, but one is possibly leaving us) to slum it in the Europa conference league?
Maybe because he has realised winning some trophies at PSG don’t matter unless it’s the CL itself?
But it’s all paper talk TBF

I think part of the frustration poch had last time is that he wasn't give more responsibility to sign players, or get the ones he wants. I dint think he likes the transfer commity thing nor do I think he wants to work under a DOF.

Remember his: 'don't call me a manger any more, I am the coach'

He has worked with a DoF at all his clubs - Ramon Planes at Espanyol, Les Reed at Southampton, Baldini then Mitchells with us, and now Leonardo at PSV.

I think he wants someone he trusts that he can delegate to, not to do it himself. I always got the impression that he is obsessed with coaching the best out of his players, but not bothered about general global talent spotting/awareness that goes with recruitment responsibilities.

Back