• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
£6m has been a widely reported figure

I saw a clikcbait type website reporting €25m on the basis that someone said that a Nagelsmann-like figure would be appropriate, and that apparently is what Bayern paid to him JN

He's on just over £1m a year and has 2 years left on his contract. Can't see how compo would be £6m?

He has a clause that he can leave Feyenoord next summer for a limited sum that was set when the contract was signed. There is no such clause for this summer, which means that Feyenoord can ask whatever they want. Of course, it doesn't quite work that way - if Slot really wants to leave, then that's something Feyenoord will have to deal with. The €25m amount is speculative, mentioned by a Rotterdam newspaper because it resembles the amount Bayern paid to Leipzig for Nagelsmann.

He has a clause that he can leave Feyenoord next summer for a limited sum that was set when the contract was signed. There is no such clause for this summer, which means that Feyenoord can ask whatever they want. Of course, it doesn't quite work that way - if Slot really wants to leave, then that's something Feyenoord will have to deal with. The €25m amount is speculative, mentioned by a Rotterdam newspaper because it resembles the amount Bayern paid to Leipzig for Nagelsmann.
I'd be amazed if there's an enforceable clause in his contract that means he'd have to pay them any more than the remainder of his contract if he walks.

And even that's a stretch, by the way. They didn't buy him, he's not an asset, he's just an employee. Unless he's a bit of a Tuchel and has chosen to sign up to be someone's slave, I can't see why he couldn't walk.

I'd be amazed if there's an enforceable clause in his contract that means he'd have to pay them any more than the remainder of his contract if he walks.

And even that's a stretch, by the way. They didn't buy him, he's not an asset, he's just an employee. Unless he's a bit of a Tuchel and has chosen to sign up to be someone's slave, I can't see why he couldn't walk.

That may well be true, but Slot himself has said this - that Feyenoord are in the position to name their price - which explains why absurdly high figures are doing the rounds. Slot has also said in the last few days that any deal must also be good for Feyenoord. He is not going to let that stand in the way of a move that he desires, and even if, I'm sure his agent will make sure that principles will not be key.

Last edited:
From a Feyenoord fan posting in the spurs fans thread on a mixed supporters board.

I remember a Saints fan coming on here talking up Pochettino when we looked like getting him/had got him and that turned out pretty well so I'll take this as a good omen.
Right. I'm all in for the Yid Arne.

Right. I'm all in for the Yid Arne.

A friend of mine in Netherlands supports Feyenoord and can't speak highly enough of Slot. Seems that their fans accept that he's leaving as there's nothing left for him to achieve there.

Might be that our Rotterdam supporters club gets a big boost soon!

Imagine the pile of 2ps needed for that slot machine. Imagine Levy feeding them in one at a time too, asking after each 'is that enough'.

This is the main quote from him.

'Everyone needs clarity quickly. I cancelled Leeds in the winter and now I'm staying or leaving.'

'My departure can also be good for the club, but if there is no dream club then I will stay. In football it is commonplace that you talk to clubs. I am not saying that I have done it now, but it is not forbidden that I talk to other clubs.'

Is there another where he says feyenoord can name their price?

Sounds like Slot should be on the list of people who come after the next guy. Or maybe the one after that.

Very happy with this, a manager on the up with a good reputation yet still much to prove in a bigger league. Sounds ideal. I doubt compensation will really be a problem even if it's £10m. Hopefully get a DOF sorted out soon as well.

Back