• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I think it takes quite a bit to 'cut it' at the top of the PL as various 'top 6' teams find out from one season to the next.

You can spend money to short circuit that, but the amounts United and now Chelsea have spent doesn't bring guarantees. Not even a top manager worked for us or guarantees anything.

Poch was our best try so far. He never had a big budget and came solely on some good work at Saints. So....
As Bedford touched upon, Poch was lucky to inherit, or at least buy young, some top top players. Hugo, Toby, Jan, Rose, Walker, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, and of course Kane were all great for him - I'm not sure how many came in before Poch, but it's bound to be a fair few.

Who among our squad could turn out that good with the right coach? I'm hoping Slot can bring a few with him - hopefully more Jans than Davinsons!

That may well be true, but Slot himself has said this - that Feyenoord are in the position to name their price - which explains why absurdly high figures are doing the rounds. Slot has also said in the last few days that any deal must also be good for Feyenoord. He is not going to let that stand in the way of a move that he desires, and even if, I'm sure his agent will make sure that principles will not be key.
That's a decent bloke right there. He could have simply quit, but he is respecting the club that employs him.

Give control over transfers?? Goes against everything that's being said about the direction we're going in with data-driven recruitment

WIll be slots of rubbish made up / reported (e.g. the reports of £25m cost a day or two ago).

'Control' could also mean negative control - i.e. that he gets a veto - rather than necessarily being able to dictate who

so it sounds like it's Slot, and i definitely am excited about the potential, but maybe that is just excitement to have a manager who doesn't stick 7 defenders on or play a deep block?

Reservations of course, the Dutch league, not many managers have made the grade in the PL. Now, Feyenoord won the title and that's not to be sniffed at (their second this century i think), but Ajax are obviously struggling with the lost of ETH. winning the league takes luck and certainly feels Feyenoord had the right timing to be there when the wheels came off elsewhere.

Personally i would rather RDZ over Slot as we have seen him in action in the PL (knows the league), but cant see why he would leave Brighton where he has lots of control and direction vs our absolute car crash clown car of a club.

if it isnt RDZ, then Slot it is and i am happy with that. However, with Poch and Naglesmann both available... still would prefer either of those to Slot i think.
Feyenoord would have won it in the past 3-4 years with the points total they will have by the end of the season and assuming they had beaten Ajax once. So I don't think it had anything to do with Ajax having an off season.

It's not going to be complicated either. Just a matter of agreeing the compensation with Feyenoord. We'll get it done, if he's on the top of our list.

Exactly. Levy also needs some good PR at the moment, and Feyenoord wont want this strung out over weeks either. I think we'll have it agreed this week, and timing of announcement down to whether they want to get through their final game on Sunday to announce it, or let him have that game as a send off

Feyenoord would have won it in the past 3-4 years with the points total they will have by the end of the season and assuming they had beaten Ajax once. So I don't think it had anything to do with Ajax having an off season.
Twice I think
Slots AZ team beat Ajax, PSV and Feynoord home and away too I believe the what they canned the league

Looking forward to Slot hopefully arriving. He'll need a new GK, CB and no 10 but with that it feels like with Romero, Bentancur, Bisouma and our forwards he has the basis of a team who can play his formation/tactics.

Will be interesting to see what he'll do with our 3 RBs and 5 LBs (Davies, Sess, Udogie, Reggie, Perisic) and which he starts in our first PL game. They're a much discussed group on here but new, good managers can often find ability from players who looked a lost hope before. He obviously doesnt need all 8 of them!

Back