• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
From a Feyenoord fan posting in the spurs fans thread on a mixed supporters board.

I remember a Saints fan coming on here talking up Pochettino when we looked like getting him/had got him and that turned out pretty well so I'll take this as a good omen.

This all goes hand in hand with what a fair smattering of Dutch folk were telling me a few weeks back in Amsterdam. The
chatter from fans who know is exceptionally positive.

Looks like Arne is the new manager.. when they start talking about saying no to an offer in the media, is just to say after; we tried all that we could…
He looks like the right medic for Spurs now. The only problem for me is that Im not shoure Kane will be a part of this project… I think maybe he would with JN or poch. That is realy sad, we hadde one of the World best strikers and didnt make it.. Kane loves this Club, and he stayed to be a hero here and not a good player at real like someone els…

I think Kane will be staying next season, as we wont be consider selling him. Meaning the new man, if it is to be Slo, has 10-12 months to convince Kane, we are going in the right direction and he is a massive part of it all.
Slot might well take the League Cup VERY seriously, a semi-final at minimum or ideally a place in the final, would be a great start to that change of heart

Looks like Arne is the new manager.. when they start talking about saying no to an offer in the media, is just to say after; we tried all that we could…
He looks like the right medic for Spurs now. The only problem for me is that Im not shoure Kane will be a part of this project… I think maybe he would with JN or poch. That is realy sad, we hadde one of the World best strikers and didnt make it.. Kane loves this Club, and he stayed to be a hero here and not a good player at real like someone els…

No way that Kane goes this summer. He’s off next summer on a free…unless we win a trophy or two before then.

Getting "our players" to play winning football seems the challenge.
It has nothing to do with the players. For the most part. If you have a manager that makes it interesting and fun, gets his ideas through clearly, and plays to the players' strengths, you're a good chunk of the way there to playing winning football. The managers we had didn't possess much of these attributes.

Kane is not going to stay because we hire a brand name manager. Kane will stay because we have a plan and a manager that will execute it.

It has nothing to do with the players. For the most part. If you have a manager that makes it interesting and fun, gets his ideas through clearly, and plays to the players' strengths, you're a good chunk of the way there to playing winning football. The managers we had didn't possess much of these attributes.

Sorry but how many major trophies have conte and mourinho won between them? I count it at 33.

Tottenham face paying Feyenoord more than £6m in compensation to make Arne Slot their new coach and appoint two of his assistants. (Mail)

That's realistically what we could expect from selling Lo Celso, so shouldn't really be a stumbling block if Slot's our man.

Utterly underwhelmed by the prospect of Slot but that may be partly fuelled by my own ignorance because I don't watch much Dutch football.

To be honest, hire Nagelsmann, Pep or Klopp and I'm still struggling to get enthusiastic about the whole thing. So I'm not sure there is a manager I could get excited about - I'm just feeling a bit fatigued with the club and the continuous bobbing between looking like we might challenge and utter mediocrity. I need the summer to get away from Spurs for a while.

That's a good thing. When has expecting anything ever done us any good as Tottenham fans? We need to get guys like Slot in, let him bring a few people that Rose needs to Google - there's no pressure on those guys, and new guys always do better when our fans don't expect the world from them (like some of our fans booing Porro after his 5th start for us, at the back of assists and a goal). All of our record signings have been flops. We need to find the coal that we can turn into diamonds, not the other way around.

Feyenord wanna oaky hardball
£25m…. Surely we just pay off his contract value
He is under a contract but employment law is different for managers than players

He's on just over £1m a year and has 2 years left on his contract. Can't see how compo would be £6m?
Might be that he has a gardening leave clause in his contract and we have to pay to make them waive it.

Problem with that is, those clauses are notoriously unenforceable and almost never make it as far as court.

Back