• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Why should pochettino come back to spurs to save Danny boy from the mess he has created by himself?

The mess is not only with Danny, it's with the whole squad. There is so much work to do, and nothing will be achieved if whoever is at the club currently is going to stay.

Something stinks at the lane and it's not the cheese room

I do find it weird that people think that Pochettino wouldn’t be extremely excited about working with that very talented young squad at Chelsea. It is pretty much tailor made for him.

It's not the young players mate, just listen to people for a second before you disagree

- How do you get rid of 16-20 Lo Celso/Ndombele's? including Kepa & Lukaku (they have 35 first team players in UK, not counting loans)
- The owner is in the dressing room, literally and makes buying decisions without consulting his manager (remember Poch's comments here re "only a coach" and his relationship with PSG owner?)
- They still need at least two strikers in

IF it is a simple as you and GB think, i.e. somehow they can punt everyone at a loss or paying huge wages to players out on loan and they still have magical money and can stay in FFP and he can somehow get the owner to step away, then sure .. it's a great gig

I don’t think Chelsea have anything like 16 to sell and most of their players are reasonably young and desired by other clubs. They also spent their £600m over a very long amortization length so are probably only accounting £80m per season. They’ll cover FFP just by selling Mason Mount.

*edit…. According to transfermarkt they have 32 players in their squad with 4 of those counting as under 21 next season. And three more (Kante, Felix and Zakaria) having contracts summer. That already puts them at the required number of 25 players

Will see mate, as I said in other post, if it is that easy, if even getting rid of 10 is a walk in the park for them, then yeah, great job for him

Not speaking to Poch, if even just for PR and optics is one of the most baffling decisions of all time.

Easy enough to then say both parties had different ideas for the project, but to not get him in a room....
Just talking to Poch for optics even though you are not planning on making an offer is a bit disrespectful to him. I think he deserves better than just being a pawn in appeasing fans (who won't be appeased anyway, if the club is not intending on hiring him).

The squad will be trimmed a bit (raising funds) and Poch will work with the players that are buying into his methods. They could use Broja up front if they don’t buy another forward (though I expect that they will buy one). They have a huge amount of sellable players and talent right across the squad.
They do have sellable players. Broja could become good. His injury may not help
They Just need buyers
Just like us
Your mate Lo Celso looks like Villa may be keen. That could mean a recoup of someone money

It's not the young players mate, just listen to people for a second before you disagree

- How do you get rid of 16-20 Lo Celso/Ndombele's? including Kepa & Lukaku (they have 35 first team players in UK, not counting loans)
- The owner is in the dressing room, literally and makes buying decisions without consulting his manager (remember Poch's comments here re "only a coach" and his relationship with PSG owner?)

IF it is a simple as you and GB think, i.e. somehow they can punt everyone at a loss or paying huge wages to players out on loan and they still have magical money and can stay in FFP and he can somehow get the owner to step away, then sure .. it's a great gig
They have 32 at present. 3 have their contracts expiring this summer and 4 will still be under 21 next season. So that’s the squad sorted already. Those on loan now will be loaned again or sold. If they need a striker they could just recall Lukaku (imagine having that luxury).

I think we haven’t spoken to him because he has let it be known through intermediaries that he isn’t interested in the job. Otherwise it would be absolutely mental for Spurs not to,at least speak to him. In reverse of what you think here, I am actually trying to find a scenario that doesn’t make your hero Daniel Levy seem mental. The only logical reason not to at least speak to him is if we know he doesn’t want the job.
Where has he let it be known he isn’t interested?
I’ve only read the polar opposite

I don't disagree that shifting their deadwood will be difficult, but the cheats will find a way round FFP, and i think they won't need that money to find replacements as they have enough players to use/shape for Poch to make a big impact. If Poch can work with Levy, he has a good chance working with Boehly, or at least telling him to pi55 off out the dressing room. If they start winning/showing progress, i doubt Boehly will stick his oar in as much in the day to day etc

Sorry I’ve no idea what you are getting at there with your first line.

Can you explain what there would be to lose in THFC speaking to Pochettino about the Spurs manager’s job?

No, I can't. I have no idea what criteria the Spurs board have set for the new manager. But you're saying Poch has turned Levy/Spurs down without having spoken to each other, instead doing it via "intermediaries" (which surely is more likely to be leaked and thus embarrass Levy, which was your original point, right?) It makes no sense.

I'm surprised when people are surprised that we haven't contacted him 'at all' for 'for a chat'.

Levy will know Poch and would know that he'd almost certainly return. Poch has even said as much publicly.

Therefore there's little point calling him unless we're going to offer him the job.

If I was Levy then I'd make that call and bring him back, but if Levy doesn't want him back then I'm not sure what would be gained from speaking to him

What's changed in the 18 or so months since all that stopped poch return was his contract situation at psg?
Both sides were keen to get it done by most accounts, so what's changed?
Was levy just playing with the fans to smooth things over?
Has he been caught with the pace of events?
Has poch went all charlie bigbaws because Chelsea and real are sniffing about?
All seems bizarre to me.

I am a Poch 'sympathiser' and think he will succeed at Chelsea if he goes there. He dealt with factions/egos at Spurs (Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue, Townsend) and has handled the player circus at PSG. They have plenty of players he can shape and if not they can rot or be shifted at a loss, no need to replace. Their youth set-up is also more than good enough.

If we haven't contacted him at all, i do wonder what is going on at Spurs - probably alot of sitting around and waiting to see what happens.
You really think there is sitting around and waiting to see what happens? Being extra careful and thinking things through very thoroughly is not a possible explanation for you? Especially after being burnt with the quick appointments of Jose and Conte?

If it was that simple then Nagellsmann would have taken it

The squad will be trimmed a bit (raising funds) and Poch will work with the players that are buying into his methods. They could use Broja up front if they don’t buy another forward (though I expect that they will buy one). They have a huge amount of sellable players and talent right across the squad.
Yeah, but what if the players the club can actually sell to balance the books are ones that Poch actually wants to keep? Which could very likely be the case.

Yeah, but what if the players the club can actually sell to balance the books are ones that Poch actually wants to keep? Which could very likely be the case.
I read someone say that they will keep sterling as he play well with Kane
Kane the spurs player
And sterling the guy who doesn’t pass to him when they play for their country

IF he is allowed to do what he wants, it will be dangerous for the entire league.
If Boehly does Boehly as Boehly has been, well, it will be a disaster!
I am going with the view that Boehly has made mistakes because he is new to this market. He will settle down. For a start he is looking at project managers rather than quick fix ones which was Chelsea's modus operandi under the former regime. (a costly mo but one that worked for them I might add).

What's changed in the 18 or so months since all that stopped poch return was his contract situation at psg?
Both sides were keen to get it done by most accounts, so what's changed?
Was levy just playing with the fans to smooth things over?
Has he been caught with the pace of events?
Has poch went all charlie bigbaws because Chelsea and real are sniffing about?
All seems bizarre to me.

Fair point about when we went for him when he was at PSG

Could just be that all that has changed is Nagelsman being available

I am going with the view that Boehly has made mistakes because he is new to this market. He will settle down. For a start he is looking at project managers rather than quick fix ones which was Chelsea's modus operandi under the former regime. (a costly mo but one that worked for them I might add).
Would be a big change for Boehly

Fair point about when we went for him when he was at PSG

Could just be that all that has changed is Nagelsman being available
Fair enough, but is that not taking a big risk if nagelsman knocks us back?
Surely we're not just talking to one coach?

Back