• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Just like Arsenal is winning this year?
Its the f…ing dutch League. Ten Haag has been lucky, thats all.. dont rate him

I think Ten Hag is going to turn out a really good appointment if they gave him time, think him not joining is a big miss - not sure what happened at the time if it was us turning him down or vice versa. I'm fairly confident we'd be in a lot better position if he'd come at the time.

Yeh, there will be another, he might be a watered down version aka not involved in decisions on the team coach and suits, football operations fully over to Munn, a recruitment and scouting DOF below and then the manager.

Its a pig of the season so we obviously need to get those two appointments spot on.

TBH the season is done so I am not going to wind myself up over Stel to Mason to the summer, its just semantics now, the real quiz is the start if the summer, absolute last chance saloon

I had mentally checked out of the season after Sheff United, even the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was oddly uneffecting and i have mostly been counting down the days to the next managerial appointment but the manager situation is being amplified exponentially with Poch to Chelsea.
It's not the young players mate, just listen to people for a second before you disagree

- How do you get rid of 16-20 Lo Celso/Ndombele's? including Kepa & Lukaku (they have 35 first team players in UK, not counting loans)
- The owner is in the dressing room, literally and makes buying decisions without consulting his manager (remember Poch's comments here re "only a coach" and his relationship with PSG owner?)
- They still need at least two strikers in

IF it is a simple as you and GB think, i.e. somehow they can punt everyone at a loss or paying huge wages to players out on loan and they still have magical money and can stay in FFP and he can somehow get the owner to step away, then sure .. it's a great gig

Doesn't matter, Pochettino won't have to worry about the players he has no use for they will loan the 8 they are allowed, sell a few and the rest can train with the stiffs

Last edited:
I had mentally checked out of the season after Sheff United, even the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was oddly uneffecting and i have mostly been counting down the days to the next managerial appointment but the manager situation is being amplified exponentially with Poch to Chelsea.

Doesn't matter, Pochettino won't have to worry about the players he has no use for they will loan the 8 they are allowed, sell a few amr the rest can train with the stoffs

Stoffs is that the name for squad players at super rich clubs?

Doesn't matter, Pochettino won't have to worry about the players he has no use for they will loan the 8 they are allowed, sell a few amr the rest can train with the stoffs

Yep, the key for Chelsea will be decide who will be useable, loan out those that are not and sell those without an absolute shot. Their issues currently lie from having 30 players currently for training with no real direction on who and what is being played. On the face of it its a good place to be for a manager BUT that said the fact they are on their 3rd, soon to be 4th manager, call it 3 because of interim, shows its not an easy task currently. They need the summer as much as we do TBH

They need this summer, but they really only need 1 signing and then to sell/loan/release a bunch of others. I think thats an easier task than we have this summer! We dont even have a DoF!
If only needing one player was key they wouldn't be 14 points behind an absolutely mediocre Spurs. I'm not gonna get into a title for tat on clubs because others have done it today and its frankly boring, I've just mearly said both clubs need the summer

We all know we are worse off

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Has Pochettino contacted us about wanting the job?

I'm sure it's open for him to apply, and it's not only people we have to contact

I think the gossip from so called 'ITKs' was that Poch and Levy still get on well, That Poch was considered and be willing but several of our board had reservations about bringing him back etc. Something about rubbing several of them up the wrong way towards the end of his tenure.
Who knows, we might find out if he ever does another book!

They need this summer, but they really only need 1 signing and then to sell/loan/release a bunch of others. I think thats an easier task than we have this summer! We dont even have a DoF!
They don’t have a DOF
They have two ex recruitment guys from Brighton

Doesn't matter, Pochettino won't have to worry about the players he has no use for they will loan the 8 they are allowed, sell a few and the rest can train with the stiffs

It's a bit of a simplistic view, do you really believe if Poch doesn't want any of the below

- Cucurella (€65M), Fofana (€80M), Enzo (€121M), Mudryk (€70M), Havertz (€80M), Sterling (€56M), Lukaku (€100M), Kepa (€80M)

They will punt them all? and he won't be asked to any of them work?

It's a bit of a simplistic view, do you really believe if Poch doesn't want any of the below

- Cucurella (€65M), Fofana (€80M), Enzo (€121M), Mudryk (€70M), Havertz (€80M), Sterling (€56M), Lukaku (€100M), Kepa (€80M)

I think there will obviously have to be some give & take on the subject - no manager walks in and calls the shots 100% but im sure he won't be losing any sleep over having to build a squad of players out of what's available to him atm

I mean nearly every single one of those players walks straight in to our team

I think there will obviously have to be some give & take on the subject - no manager walks in and calls the shots 100% but im sure he won't be losing any sleep over having to build a squad of players out of what's available to him atm

I mean nearly every single one of those players walks straight in to our team

I think that is a bit of wishful thinking, they have a lot of players, some like Kepa & Lukaku shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's team, Sterling is a way bricker version of Son, Havertz is a failure (even if I think we could have made use of him), Cucurella is mid level. And I didn't mention Aubamayeng, Pulisic or Ziyech

We seem to do this revisionist brick, if Poch came to Spurs we would be burdened with players he can't get rid of (all 5), but at Chelsea, they have a magic wand for any number of players, it'll be fine, despite Kepa, Havertz and Lukaku still being on their books for years should show they have the same issue as everyone else in moving players on.

No, I can't. I have no idea what criteria the Spurs board have set for the new manager. But you're saying Poch has turned Levy/Spurs down without having spoken to each other, instead doing it via "intermediaries" (which surely is more likely to be leaked and thus embarrass Levy, which was your original point, right?) It makes no sense.
No, what I am saying is that the only conceivable reason I can think of why THFC wouldn't talk to Pochettino about the manager's job is because he has let the club know he doesn't want the job. There just isn't really any other plausible reason I can think of why we wouldn't talk to him about the job otherwise.

Last edited:
If only needing one player was key they wouldn't be 14 points behind an absolutely mediocre Spurs. I'm not gonna get into a title for tat on clubs because others have done it today and its frankly boring, I've just mearly said both clubs need the summer

We all know we are worse off

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
They were 14 points behind Spurs, as until the final ten games or so of the season we had a very good manager and they had a PE teacher in charge. It wouldn't surprise me if Pochettino simply recalled Lukaku and got them going.... We, on the other hand, need to buy a new keeper, at least one centre back, a creative midfield player and quite possibly try to find a way to replace the goals (and assists) that Harry Kane gives us.

I think Pochettino would be ecstatically happy to work with all of those players, as well as James, Chilwell, Badiashile, Gallagher, etc, etc.

They were 14 points behind Spurs, as until the final ten games or so of the season we had a very good manager and they had a PE teacher in charge. It wouldn't surprise me if Pochettino simply recalled Lukaku and got them going.... We, on the other hand, need to buy a new keeper, at least one centre back, a creative midfield player and quite possibly try to find a way to replace the goals (and assists) that Harry Kane gives us.

Of course, but all the conflation aside its not as simple as many are making out, whoever goes in has a job on their hands as Tuchel, Potter and Lampard have proved. As I have said, they also need the summer, take the Spurs element out thats still true. Im not saying who has it better or worse like others seem keen to keep elaborating on, as I said, thats pretty clear

No, what I am saying is that the only conceivable reason I can think of why THFC wouldn't talk to Pochettino about the manager's job is because he has let the club know he doesn't want the job. There just isn't really any other plausible reason I can think of why we wouldn't talk to him about the job otherwise.

Maybe we have spoken to him and he think, "No, i'm good thanks"...

Back