• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
I think that is a bit of wishful thinking, they have a lot of players, some like Kepa & Lukaku shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's team, Sterling is a way bricker version of Son, Havertz is a failure (even if I think we could have made use of him), Cucurella is mid level. And I didn't mention Aubamayeng, Pulisic or Ziyech

We seem to do this revisionist brick, if Poch came to Spurs we would be burdened with players he can't get rid of (all 5), but at Chelsea, they have a magic wand for any number of players, it'll be fine, despite Kepa, Havertz and Lukaku still being on their books for years should show they have the same issue as everyone else in moving players on.
Kepa would be our first choice keeper instantly (as would Mendy). Lukaku is a proven centre forward who I think Pochettino could easily get a tune out of. Sterling has had a stop start season with injuries but is undoubtedly a good player. I think Pochettino would play Havertz in the Dele Ali sort of role, where I think he'll do well. Cucurella is a very good player for them to have as competition/cover for Chilwell. Aubamayeng will likely be allowed to leave (probably with them paying up some of his contract). Pulisic and Ziyech are both good players that will have suitors if Pochettino decides that he doesn't want them in his squad.

I think that is a bit of wishful thinking, they have a lot of players, some like Kepa & Lukaku shouldn't be anywhere near anyone's team, Sterling is a way bricker version of Son, Havertz is a failure (even if I think we could have made use of him), Cucurella is mid level. And I didn't mention Aubamayeng, Pulisic or Ziyech

We seem to do this revisionist brick, if Poch came to Spurs we would be burdened with players he can't get rid of (all 5), but at Chelsea, they have a magic wand for any number of players, it'll be fine, despite Kepa, Havertz and Lukaku still being on their books for years should show they have the same issue as everyone else in moving players on.

It's a burden they can and do deal with though, what does it matter to Bholey which players are the ones on the not currently required list?

This looks a bit like straw clutching to paint it as a bad move on your part tbh when the situation is Poch walking in to a squad with an embarrassment of riches to build a squad/team from. The only real question mark for me is how Bholey behaves m9ving forwards

Last edited:
Do we actually think Poch is set to join Chelski?
Seems a nice story to distract from the Frank Lampard debacle to me...sort of working imo

Kepa would be our first choice keeper instantly (as would Mendy). Lukaku is a proven centre forward who I think Pochettino could easily get a tune out of. Sterling has had a stop start season with injuries but is undoubtedly a good player. I think Pochettino would play Havertz in the Dele Ali sort of role, where I think he'll do well. Cucurella is a very good player for them to have as competition/cover for Chilwell. Aubamayeng will likely be allowed to leave (probably with them paying up some of his contract). Pulisic and Ziyech are both good players that will have suitors if Pochettino decides that he doesn't want them in his squad.
Both keepers would walk into the team
Lukaku needs a system that suits him
Doesn’t make him a poor player because it didn’t work out second time around. Doesn’t strike me as a Poch player but who knows
Haivertz would have been great for us but his game hasn’t developed at Chelsea as they have bastardised his game

Do we actually think Poch is set to join Chelski?
Seems a nice story to distract from the Frank Lampard debacle to me...sort of working imo

I can see why they would want him, and I could see why he would be attracted by them too. So seems logical!

If Poch doesnt want the Chelsea job, how many jobs are there that he would accept?

I can see why they would want him, and I could see why he would be attracted by them too. So seems logical!

If Poch doesnt want the Chelsea job, how many jobs are there that he would accept?

I can certainly see why they'd be attached to him. I can't see why he'd be attracted to them though; they are as much a circus as PSG (and us).
I'd have though he'd wait to see if he could get the Real Madrid job first.

I think we haven’t spoken to him because he has let it be known through intermediaries that he isn’t interested in the job. Otherwise it would be absolutely mental for Spurs not to,at least speak to him. In reverse of what you think here, I am actually trying to find a scenario that doesn’t make your hero Daniel Levy seem mental. The only logical reason not to at least speak to him is if we know he doesn’t want the job.
Apart from the other logical reason that you don't phone someone if you have no intention of offering them the job?

Why don't you have a bet on what was being talked about?

Who lasts longest, Poch or our new manager.

Thats a much fairer wager?
Why is that a fairer wager? People are describing Chelsea as a basket case that Poch would be made to join. If one feels that Chelsea are such a basket case then surely they would happily bet that they won't win a trophy before we do, or that they won't win more than we will over the next 10 years?

For the record I'll also take that bet, I think Poch will last longer at Chelsea than whoever Levy's next fall guy is at Spurs.

Back