• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New DoF Poll (The Less Grease More Ethos Edition)

Who do you want for our next DoF

• Michael Edwards

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Paul Mitchell

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Ralf Ragnick

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Rui Pedro Braz (Benfica)

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Luís Campos (PSG)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Giovanni Sartori (Bologna)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Ramon Planes (ex-Barca)

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Makes sense - this appointment of Munn is a very strange one, because it is in effect a meaningless role.

The coach reports to the Director of Football, who reports to Munn, who reports to Levy.

But the budget doesn't change because Munn is there, and I doubt Levy will allow Munn to sign off on all the cheques.

Levy will still show his face in the stadium, and will be the one who provides final signoff on players, coaches and managers.

So what is the point of Scott Munn? Another rando fresh off some club from footballing Nowheresville, Australia as an unnecessary layer of management between Levy and a DoF?

Can't really see a DoF being excited to work in those conditions given our limited budget and excessive oversight on ops.

That’s a lot of words to say “I have no idea but I’m going to rile myself up anyway.”

Interesting news in the Netherlands this morning. Dennis te Kloese, DoF at Feyenoord, claims he has rejected an approach from Spurs to become their DoF. Link here, in Dutch: https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/te-kloese-legt-uit-waarom-hij-tottenham-hotspur-heeft-afgewezen

A strange one, because Te Kloese has been in the job only since January 2022. Before that, he was general manager at LA Galaxy and in various roles in Mexico. He does not have a particularly high profile, and the recent success of Feyenoord has been attributed mainly to Slot.

Interesting news in the Netherlands this morning. Dennis te Kloese, DoF at Feyenoord, claims he has rejected an approach from Spurs to become their DoF. Link here, in Dutch: https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/te-kloese-legt-uit-waarom-hij-tottenham-hotspur-heeft-afgewezen

A strange one, because Te Kloese has been in the job only since January 2022. Before that, he was general manager at LA Galaxy and in various roles in Mexico. He does not have a particularly high profile, and the recent success of Feyenoord has been attributed mainly to Slot.

Maybe that's the type of DoF we're after? @Finney Is Back mentioned yesterday that he'd heard some bigger DoF names had turned us down partly given the Levy-Munn-DoF set-up, which would seem somewhat suffocating for a big name (big ego) DoF. Perhaps we're deliberately aiming for a lower profile DoF and placing greater reliance on stats/analytics and less on a rolodex/

Agreed. Maybe we'll announce a NFL London franchise run by THFC and based at our stadium soon?

Otherwise I agree that there seems a big overlap between Levy and Munn's roles given that the men's football team is probably 90% of the value of the business

The plan always was for an NFL franchise (zero chance we build a second pitch and a second set of specialized changing rooms plus media capability for 3 games a year).

When Levy wanted a DoF all those years ago, all we heard was it wouldn't work in England, managers need to run everything. Now he's putting someone to run all the football side of stuff, somehow it doesn't make sense? and how come Spurs fans all of a sudden want Levy involved in football decisions?

Spurs is a global business now, the club is obviously looking at non football revenue streams and it makes sense to make sure someone has a day job of football only.

Maybe that's the type of DoF we're after? @Finney Is Back mentioned yesterday that he'd heard some bigger DoF names had turned us down partly given the Levy-Munn-DoF set-up, which would seem somewhat suffocating for a big name (big ego) DoF. Perhaps we're deliberately aiming for a lower profile DoF and placing greater reliance on stats/analytics and less on a rolodex/
You’d best ask @tommysvr instead.

The plan always was for an NFL franchise (zero chance we build a second pitch and a second set of specialized changing rooms plus media capability for 3 games a year).

When Levy wanted a DoF all those years ago, all we heard was it wouldn't work in England, managers need to run everything. Now he's putting someone to run all the football side of stuff, somehow it doesn't make sense? and how come Spurs fans all of a sudden want Levy involved in football decisions?

Spurs is a global business now, the club is obviously looking at non football revenue streams and it makes sense to make sure someone has a day job of football only.

I think we're saying the same thing - when the business is bigger Munn's role makes sense. He's like a divisional CEO. If we have a NFL franchise then you'd have a Munn-like role for that part too, who would also report to Levy. At the moment though the football division of THFC Ltd is almost all the company, so there is overlap between Levy/Munn

I don’t think the plan will come to fruition. I note that in this next season our stadium only has the minimum number of 2 games.

Sorry, I don’t get what you mean here? Are you saying you have been told otherwise (i.e. that our DoF search is going well?)

Sorry you didn’t understand. It means I don’t take your interaction with that agent any more seriously than I would an article in the Sun.

Sorry you didn’t understand. It means I don’t take your interaction with that agent any more seriously than I would an article in the Sun.
OK great. Do you read the Sun? I’d advise going a little more high brow if so.

What about the comments from Dennis te Kloese?

No sensible Spurs fan wants Levy involved in the football side. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I don’t think the plan will come to fruition. I note that in this next season our stadium only has the minimum number of 2 games.
I don't really get the sense of it. The timezone difference is so large is it actually realistic to have a whole team season played at NWHL?

I dunno I don't see it.

I don't really get the sense of it. The timezone difference is so large is it actually realistic to have a whole team season played at NWHL?

I dunno I don't see it.

Each home game (about 8 games?), can be played at 18:00 or 19:00 UK time, this is bang in line with the rest of the first set of games played in the US. Time zone isn’t an issue.

That’s because Wembley still has a contract for a game
But I do agree they won’t move an NFL team to the UK

I can however see them creating a European league with team based here, Germany etc.

I can however see them creating a European league with team based here, Germany etc.
There is already a Europen League, just no English team in it.

I think they will have a London franchise playing in the NFL.

Back