• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs. Emirates Marketing Project

This will be our biggest test of the season. ManCity have won all their 6 league matches this season. They have the best attack while we have the best defence so far this season. It is going to be a real tight match. We once had an excellent record against ManCity but lost it about 5 years ago. But we did well to beat them home and away last season. Hope we will continue our winning run against them.

Too bad Kane is out injured. No doubt we will miss his goals as he scored against ManCity home and away last season. But Son has done well since Kane got injured, scoring 5 goals in his last 5 matches for us. Let's hope he will continue his goal run. Surely, Lamela needs to start in this match as he scored 1 and assisted 1 when we beat ManCty 4-1 last season. Lamela too came on to create our winning goal when we beat ManCity away last season. I think Lamela will play a ket part for us if he starts again.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We still don't have a settled midfield, largely due to injury problems and suspension of Dembele. I think our ideal midfield will be Dembele and Wanyama. They will need to be at their best to stop the quality midfield of ManCity. We cannot afford to let ManCity control the midfield. Hope players like Eriksen, Alli and Sissoko will have a good game.

We come into this match having the best defensive record since last season. Our defence need to continue the good work to stop ManCty. Can see Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld being busy all match. Hope they a will be alert all the time to guard our goal. We have not kept a clean sheet against ManCity in 11 matches since 2010. It will be great if we can stop them scoring for once !

It is going to be a real tough match for us. We need tol turn up with the right mentality. A draw won't be a bad result for us. But let's hope we can continue our winning run against ManCity.

This will be our biggest test of the season. ManCity have won all their 6 league matches this season. They have the best attack while we have the best defence so far this season. It is going to be a real tight match. We once had an excellent record against ManCity but lost it about 5 years ago. But we did well to beat them home and away last season. Hope we will continue our winning run against them.

Too bad Kane is out injured. No doubt we will miss his goals as he scored against ManCity home and away last season. But Son has done well since Kane got injured, scoring 5 goals in his last 5 matches for us. Let's hope he will continue his goal run. Surely, Lamela needs to start in this match as he scored 1 and assisted 1 when we beat ManCty 4-1 last season. Lamela too came on to create our winning goal when we beat ManCity away last season. I think Lamela will play a ket part for us if he starts again.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We still don't have a settled midfield, largely due to injury problems and suspension of Dembele. I think our ideal midfield will be Dembele and Wanyama. They will need to be at their best to stop the quality midfield of ManCity. We cannot afford to let ManCity control the midfield. Hope players like Eriksen, Alli and Sissoko will have a good game.

We come into this match having the best defensive record since last season. Our defence need to continue the good work to stop ManCty. Can see Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld being busy all match. Hope they a will be alert all the time to guard our goal. We have not kept a clean sheet against ManCity in 11 matches since 2010. It will be great if we can stop them scoring for once !

It is going to be a real tough match for us. We need tol turn up with the right mentality. A draw won't be a bad result for us. But let's hope we can continue our winning run against ManCity.

Indeed we did, and had they not 'won the lottery' it would have continued

Any "t-e-a-m n-e-w-s" yet ?

It is going to be a tense match, as always. We need an early goal to settle us down and a late goal to kill them off. Let's hope we will do just that and get the all important win !

Seems like a slightly strange team selection. I assume Dier isn't fit to start, but playing without a striker seems a bit odd. Son has done his good work from the flank, apart from his goal against CSKA. He also lacks Janssens ability to hold the ball up, and in a game where we are likely to to be pushed back and have less of the ball, I worry that we will find it difficult to relieve pressure when we have no one up front to hold on to the ball and lay it off to a team mate.

Seems like a slightly strange team selection. I assume Dier isn't fit to start, but playing without a striker seems a bit odd. Son has done his good work from the flank, apart from his goal against CSKA. He also lacks Janssens ability to hold the ball up, and in a game where we are likely to to be pushed back and have less of the ball, I worry that we will find it difficult to relieve pressure when we have no one up front to hold on to the ball and lay it off to a team mate.

I wonder if we will start similar to how we finished on Tuesday. Lamela playing as the no.9 with Son still out wide. Lamela's probably isnt quite as strong at Janssen but I feel he has the ability to hold up the ball?

It's not ok to say that when I'm stuck in North East England. I want lobster tails and crab claws. And I want that lager. And the beach. I WANT THAT!

Have a beautiful one. Really. No really. I mean it. Really :)

Sorry Sir, That is why we moved to the tropics and on the beach. You really have to balance your lifestyle.
We don't work anymore, want reasonably priced food & drinks. Plus we want full time house help and gardeners.
We couldn't do that if we were working in the competitive world that we were before. In that case we would still be stuck
somewhere in the US, Europe. Though we did have a good lifestyle in Malaysia, Thailand & Singapore.

It's not ok to say that when I'm stuck in North East England. I want lobster tails and crab claws. And I want that lager. And the beach. I WANT THAT!

Have a beautiful one. Really. No really. I mean it. Really :)

Sorry Sir, That is why we moved to the tropics and on the beach. You really have to balance your lifestyle.
We don't work anymore, want reasonably priced food & drinks. Plus we want full time house help and gardeners.
We couldn't do that if we were working in the competitive world that we were before. In that case we would still be stuck
somewhere in the US, Europe. Though we did have a good lifestyle in Malaysia, Thailand & Singapore.

You can say that again!

No Dembele. Bugger.

Indeed - he is very fragile.

This is a big drawback this season - keeps missing games.

What was his record like last season?

OT Oh how I wish we were playing the current incarnation of Mourinho muppets, instead !

Indeed - he is very fragile.

This is a big drawback this season - keeps missing games.

What was his record like last season?

It seems to be his only drawback. Might be wrong, but I just dont seem to ever remember him having a really long run in the team. Feels like he racks up 6 or 7 games then picks up a niggle, misses a few, and starts over again

Back