• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mighty Spurs vs. Emirates Marketing Project

alekaras

The ITK of IDK
Can't be bothered. Game on Sunday local time. We'll smesh 'em.

Nuff said.

cXEthz6mvn4D6.gif

Someone get Aguero some Lasagna.

Their attack is good, but their defence is still patchy despite spending a billion quid.

We've beaten this lot before, COYS

Really want to beat these.

If all fit (bar Kane) the team really picks itself. The only question is who to leave out of the AMs. Personally I think Son is undroppable and Alli needs a rest and so I would start him on the bench to come on later and kill them when their lumbering defence starts to tire:

.........................Hugo......................

Walker.....Toby...........Verts.........Rose

........Dier.......Dembele........

Lamela..........Eriksen .........Son

.................VJ.........................

3-2 Son, VJ and Eriksen

COYS

we must stop them from getting the win because they are on course to break our record 11 game winning start to a season in 1961......6 wins on the bounce already, after us they have 5 p!ss easy games which if they win along with beating us would take them to 12 consecutive league wins since the start of the season

Sunderland H W
Stoke A W
WestSpam H W
Man Utd A W
Bournmouth H W
Swansea A W

Tottenham A ???????

Everton H
Southampton H
West Brom A
Middlesboro H
Crystal Pal A

so, more than 3 pts at stake lads

COYS

we must stop them from getting the win because they are on course to break our record 11 game winning start to a season in 1961......6 wins on the bounce already, after us they have 5 p!ss easy games which if they win along with beating us would take them to 12 consecutive league wins since the start of the season

Sunderland H W
Stoke A W
WestSpam H W
Man Utd A W
Bournmouth H W
Swansea A W

Tottenham A ???????

Everton H
Southampton H
West Brom A
Middlesboro H
Crystal Pal A

so, more than 3 pts at stake lads

COYS

It was reported yesterday that the record has gone now as they drew last night

Really looking forward to this, will be a great game. Celtic proved teams don't need to be scared of Pep, if you actually try and play football against them they won't like having to run backwards, and their defence is weak.

We have better players than Celtic, and I don't think their attack is so much better than ours that we should sit back to try and nullify them. Let's get our players up against their ageing full backs. Let's get our players up against an out of position Kolarov, or a sloppy Stones.

I can see us conceding a couple of goals for sure but we should absolutely not be scared to play our game against them. They are simply not infallible.

Hugo

Walker Jan Vert Rose

Dier Dembele

Lamela Eriksen Son

Vinny

That would be my team. Very fresh and should be full of running, many with a rest.
Think Alli looked a tad leggy on Tuesday, could be a good option from bench. Wanyama also unlucky but its a squad game and Dier Dembele still our best two in there.

However got a feeling Poch will play Son up front instead of Vinny.

Both teams to score is an absolute banker.

I posted this in another thread, more relevant here though:

We have a lot of options, but I hope Poch goes for power. I think we can work them into the ground, win the ball from them in dangerous areas and be pretty direct when we get it (not just long passes, but players like Dembele, Son and Sissoko getting a good run at them).

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'd pair Dier and Wanyama in this game. This allows Dembele to be used at number 10. I'd bring in the fresh players who didn't play v CSKA.

------------------lloris
walker----toby-------vert-------rose
----------dier------wanyama
---sissoko------dembele-----son
---------------janssen

That is such a physically strong team with lots of athleticism and 3 players behind Janssen who can all dribble effectively. IMO, these players would be able to press Emirates Marketing Project into mistakes and run at their defence, which looks fragile. As well as that, we can work, run and tackle all over the pitch to stop them building up ahead of steam. With 7 outfield players over 6ft, we should have a good advantage at set-pieces too. I want to see us bully them out of their game plan.

With Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and GKN among the subs, we can introduce some guile and different attacking options if the game pans out that way. I have no idea what Poch will do to be honest, I am really looking forward to this test for us though.

Defensively they look weak through the middle and as that tends to be our preferred route I can see us causing them all sorts of problems.
Sterling's pace and habit off falling down worries me though.

I posted this in another thread, more relevant here though:

We have a lot of options, but I hope Poch goes for power. I think we can work them into the ground, win the ball from them in dangerous areas and be pretty direct when we get it (not just long passes, but players like Dembele, Son and Sissoko getting a good run at them).

I know a lot of people don't like it, but I'd pair Dier and Wanyama in this game. This allows Dembele to be used at number 10. I'd bring in the fresh players who didn't play v CSKA.

------------------lloris
walker----toby-------vert-------rose
----------dier------wanyama
---sissoko------dembele-----son
---------------janssen

That is such a physically strong team with lots of athleticism and 3 players behind Janssen who can all dribble effectively. IMO, these players would be able to press Emirates Marketing Project into mistakes and run at their defence, which looks fragile. As well as that, we can work, run and tackle all over the pitch to stop them building up ahead of steam. With 7 outfield players over 6ft, we should have a good advantage at set-pieces too. I want to see us bully them out of their game plan.

With Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and GKN among the subs, we can introduce some guile and different attacking options if the game pans out that way. I have no idea what Poch will do to be honest, I am really looking forward to this test for us though.

Can't see any justification for leaving out all of Eriksen, Lamela AND Alli from our starting X1.

That way madness leads.

It was reported yesterday that the record has gone now as they drew last night

they were wrong. The record is 11 consecutive league victories, not consecutive victories in all competitions.

so City are still on course to challenge our record set in 1960-61

they were wrong. The record is 11 consecutive league victories, not consecutive victories in all competitions.

so City are still on course to challenge our record set in 1960-61

Technically yes and technically no

The record is 11 wins from 11 competitive games

Difference being of course that Europe wasn't around then

Back