• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Exactly. Harry has gone. If AVB wants a completely new team then fine
By me. After all his job and career are on the line so he might as well be slagged for leaving his mark on the team. Then who can he blame?

This.

If it fails we'll end up slagging him off, but slagging him off when he's barely started?

bit much..

Dawson genuinely seems to love playing for Spurs though and from what I can tell is one of the nice guys in football. He's not going to start for us, but I'd like to keep him if possible.

It's relevant because we are getting rid of two valuable squad members and keeping players like Jenas for example.

It's not relevant declaring that they are hugely valuable players due to a season that they did not play that often due to injuries.

If you referenced a season that they did play, then fair enough.

Like stating Thudd is good as per our successful CL campaign.

It's not relevant declaring that they are hugely valuable players due to a season that they did not play that often due to injuries.

If you referenced a season that they did play, then fair enough.

Like stating Thudd is good as per our successful CL campaign.

Well we don't have Modric, and Hudd is our next best passer in the squad so I'd rather keep him and ship Jenas out.

It's sad when you really think about it though. Dawson for years was my favourite Spurs player alongside e

here here. hope AVB knows what he's doing this club is fully supporting his project imagine the fallout if this goes tits up. Gutted about Daws.

End of an era

dawson-king_1634972c.jpg

What on earth do you have to back that up?

Erm. How many games did he play last year?? And an injury like that, at his age, on the tipping point between prime and getting on, means he has major concerns. Really don't think that is a revelatory statement.

I wonder if we'd have let clear 3rd slip with those two battlers in the team?

Guess we'll never know?

Well we signed no one in January and Harry never rotated his squad anyway. Whose to say they would have played. On the evidence of things Harry has his favoured 11 and played them come what may.

Erm. How many games did he play last year?? And an injury like that, at his age, on the tipping pint between prime and getting on, means he has major concerns. Really don't thing that is a revelatory statement.

How many knee ligament injuries did Shearer come back from, and still hit the heights? 3 wasn't it?
And all at his age.............wow!!! 28. So old.

Well we signed no one in January and Harry never rotated his squad anyway. Whose to say they would have played. On the evidence of things Harry has his favoured 11 and played them come what may.

And you know full well what he thought of Daws. Said it enoughj times, and made him captain enough times.

it's like Rocky & Apollo creed, I can hear the song 'no easy way out' ring out :(

from that day, only Kaboul (who has moved from right back), Assou-Ekotto and Bale still start when everyone is fit.

Friedel has replaced Gomes. Walker now in the team, Vertonghen/Gallas now too. Lennon over Bentley, Modric is pretty much gone and Huddlestone will probably leave and isn't ahead of Sandro. Now Adebayor is here, he is pretty much ahead of Defoe and of course we have no Crouch.

I think it is a shame if he ends up leaving although I understand if he isn't going to fit in with AVB's style and philosophy then it would be best to get good money whilst we can.

I really thought he would make at least 300 games for us and he isn't that far short iirc. Surely it will mean we are bringing another centre half in though? Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas and Caulker are not enough to go through the season imo.

BBC are reporting it as a done deal...

Michael Dawson: Tottenham accept QPR's £7.5m bid

Queens Park Rangers have agreed an initial fee of £7.5m for Tottenham Hotspur defender Michael Dawson.

The England international has yet to undergo a medical but has agreed to the move in principal, after being told he would be third-choice centre back at Spurs this season.

The proposed deal could eventually be worth up to £10m.

Nottingham Forest will be due 10% of the fee from a sell-on clause inserted when they sold Dawson to Spurs in 2005.

Rangers manager Mark Hughes moved to try to sign Dawson after his side were hammered 5-0 by Swansea at Loftus Road on the opening day of the season.

The defender, who has won four caps for England, was not a regular under former Spurs manager Harry Redknapp last season but is fit again after rupturing a ligament in his right ankle in March.

Sebastien Bassong, Dawson's former Tottenham team-mate, left Spurs earlier on Tuesday after agreeing a three-year deal with Norwich City.

Back