• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

It would be a terrible shame to see Dawson leave as I really felt he could have been a more regular fixture in the Spurs and England squad if he'd stayed fit. I don't think he fits into AVB's system but it's never nice to lose a good player and especially one that seems like a genuinely likeable character too.

I'm 25 and Dawson is the last player we have that we had when I was still in school, except for Defoe who has left and come back in that time. End of an era. This will also mean that Jenas becomes our longest serving player #-o

How many knee ligament injuries did Shearer come back from, and still hit the heights? 3 wasn't it?
And all at his age.............wow!!! 28. So old.

I didn't say he was old. Just a factor when choosing between Caulker and Daws. AVB has made his decision it seems.

It's his decision. He is 3rd choice. Hardly has to wait long for a chance does he. He could say no and fight for his place. We can't force him to leave. How many significant injuries has he already had? For me it enough mark against him.

It's his decision. He is 3rd choice. Hardly has to wait long for a chance does he. He could say no and fight for his place. We can't force him to leave. How many significant injuries has he already had? For me it enough mark against him.

How did you feel about Ledley battling on through his injuries?

Did you not constantly support him like most of us?

He had a chronic injury. Big difference. He was always good for 1 in 2/3 and could be managed.

Sorry Leeds. That last sentence really has no substance, and is somewhat hypocritical. A chronic injury compared to one or two bad injuries.
LK often missed blocks of games too, only more often.

How did you feel about Ledley battling on through his injuries?

Did you not constantly support him like most of us?

I think, in fairness, Ledley was a once in a lifetime defender whereas Daws was a British warrior the likes of whom are a dying breed. I love the man for his spirit, endeavor, attitude and fight, but the moment AVB was appointed my mate and I said he'd be a casualty...the way JT would've been...I think it's respectful toilet him go and play regularly (probably as skipper) rather than make him stay. I'm sad because I like the man, but I have to say, Gallas, Younes, Verts and Caulker are all very very strong. What we also desperately need, IMHO, is a new keeper. Brad is 41. He can only do so much. Ba's shot was good but a younger keeper would've got to it...

Sorry Leeds. That last sentence really has no substance, and is somewhat hypocritical. A chronic injury compared to one or two bad injuries.
LK often missed blocks of games too, only more often.

In your opinion. If you can't see the difference between a player who played 20+ games in the last 2 seasons and a player who had the whole of last season off and has had what? 3 other decent stints on the sidelines then fine. As I've said, he's very slow and playing a high line with him would be suicide IMO.

I loved Daws. Proper old-fashioned player. Always a smile on his face and battled hard. Thanks for the memories, especially that first goal when we beat Cheat$ki at The Lane.

I think, in fairness, Ledley was a once in a lifetime defender whereas Daws was a British warrior the likes of whom are a dying breed. I love the man for his spirit, endeavor, attitude and fight, but the moment AVB was appointed my mate and I said he'd be a casualty...the way JT would've been...I think it's respectful toilet him go and play regularly (probably as skipper) rather than make him stay. I'm sad because I like the man, but I have to say, Gallas, Younes, Verts and Caulker are all very very strong. What we also desperately need, IMHO, is a new keeper. Brad is 41. He can only do so much. Ba's shot was good but a younger keeper would've got to it...

I can agree with a lot of that. My argument, along with many others on here, is that we are worried it will leave us short. You KNOW what our injury record is like. brick, we've just been discussing it on here. Say Kaboul and gallas get early knocks. Verts and caulker are all that we have. Untried and untested.

I can agree with a lot of that. My argument, along with many others on here, is that we are worried it will leave us short. You KNOW what our injury record is like. brick, we've just been discussing it on here. Say Kaboul and gallas get early knocks. Verts and caulker are all that we have. Untried and untested.

With King having retired our injury record should improve.

25 players in the squad. I would advocate having 35 players but we can't.

dawson-king_1634972c.jpg

Absolutely gutted to see Daws go. Loved having him here, one of the most likeable guys we've ever had and King and Dawson together will go down in THFC folklore.

Will get a massive reception at the Lane, where he will always have a home.

ONLY ONE MICHAEL DAWSON ONE MICHAEL DAWWWWSON!

:(

Back