• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Decent money, but a very reliable player. One of the main reasons we were good under HR is that he kept a squad of proven people together. Not selling off anyone who had some value but not a first teamer as we have traditionally done.

Selling people like Dawson and Hudd while having unproven people in reserve (be it a young player or a new player) is not the way to build a squad. The Ramos era feeling I'm getting continues...

I really don't want him gone...... Good player who looks like he loves life at the lane, spurs through and through. All that talk about loyalty with the modric saga, yet so many seems happy to let him go...

Yeah. Cos you know better. Neither of the two players you mentioned played a game last year. Vital!!

And yet they did play when we qualified for the Champions League. And yes, they were vital. Plus what's all this 'cos you know better'? None of us know better than AVB, but the point of a forum is to actually voice your opinion on matters isn't it?

And yet they did play when we qualified for the Champions League. And yes, they were vital. Plus what's all this 'cos you know better'? None of us know better than AVB, but the point of a forum is to actually voice your opinion on matters isn't it?

Where did we finish last year? So we weren't any worse without them. Sandro and Vertonghen are far better players IMO. And you're of course entitled to an
Opinion. Keep them coming.

Yeah. Cos you know better. Neither of the two players you mentioned played a game last year. Vital!!

Theres not a post on the forum that cant used for.

I dont care about last year, they are here now and are you telling me it makes great sense to sell off good squad players ? Ones that have been here long enough that the fans love them and should they play a game, they might be tinkled off but they care enough about the club to put in a shift.

If so I can add you to the illogical group of people who because they hated harry, have decided that AVB is exempt of criticism.

I really don't want him gone...... Good player who looks like he loves life at the lane, spurs through and through. All that talk about loyalty with the modric saga, yet so many seems happy to let him go...

Spurs through and through? All players are paid mercenaries. When will people learn? I have zero expectations about anything. And to add. He doesn't have to go anywhere. It's his choice at the end of the day and he'll probs get a nice pay rise into the bargain.

Where did we finish last year? So we weren't any worse without them. Sandro and Vertonghen are far better players IMO. And you're of course entitled to an
Opinion. Keep them coming.

Come on. We would have been far better with both around last season. We had a injury crisis at the back and had to use Nelson. We struggled in centre of midfield towards the end and someone like Hudd would have been very useful.

I rate Sandro, but hes very different from Hudd. The new CB... I dont know how he can be far better when he has player 0 PL games (but yes he looks a good prospect).

Theres not a post on the forum that cant used for.

I dont care about last year, they are here now and are you telling me it makes great sense to sell off good squad players ? Ones that have been here long enough that the fans love them and should they play a game, they might be tinkled off but they care enough about the club to put in a shift.

If so I can add you to the illogical group of people who because they hated harry, have decided that AVB is exempt of criticism.

No. You make a mug of yourself all you like! As I've said plenty of times. 25 players. Sandro and Vertonghen ate better, more reliable fitness wise than Dawson and Fatty. Fatty isn't fit or mobile enough for the high tempo pressing game and Dawson makes Terry look like Usain Bolt

Last edited:
Come on. We would have been far better with both around last season. We had a injury crisis at the back and had to use Nelson. We struggled in centre of midfield towards the end and someone like Hudd would have been very useful.

I rate Sandro, but hes very different from Hudd. The new CB... I dont know how he can be far better when he has player 0 PL games (but yes he looks a good prospect).

Belgium international and Dutch player of the year. Probably a safe bet. But this is all academic. Daws is fudged and has major injury concerns.

What's your point? We are signing extra players to replace these players. Of course we wanted daws fit last year. But we've signed a international class CB and Daws for £9 million is superb for a 28 year old CB. Sorry. That's my view.

I'd be sad to see the back of both Daws and Huddlestone should they both been sold. They have been important members of the squad for the last few years and i think everyone appreciates what they have done for the club. I can understand why some people may not understand why they would be sold given the qualities both players have however this is a new era now. AVB has obviously made his decision that neither player currently fits in with his vision for taking the team forward and as such i will back the choices that he has made.

This kind of thing was always going to happen given how Redknapp and AVB seemingly have differing philosophies. Time will tell whether AVB's decision's are right or not. I hope he is.

Exactly. Harry has gone. If AVB wants a completely new team then fine
By me. After all his job and career are on the line so he might as well be slagged for leaving his mark on the team. Then who can he blame?

If Daws goes what will become of Kingdawson???!

It's sad when you really think about it though. Dawson for years was my favourite Spurs player alongside Ledley and now it looks like both are not gonna be at Spurs anymore. £9m is good money for him but he seems like such a great guy and i'll miss seeing him in a spurs shirt.

For the record Daws does seem like a nice fella. Lovely smile. Which shouldn't be such a revelation in a human being really?! Says alot about the standing of modern footballers!

Back