• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

It's his decision. He is 3rd choice. Hardly has to wait long for a chance does he. He could say no and fight for his place. We can't force him to leave. How many significant injuries has he already had? For me it enough mark against him.

I suppose that tells Verts that he was 4th choice.......mmmm welcome to tottenham.

But if daws goes it wont be long for big willies calf to go and Verts and Kaboom to partner up.

Sad about daws but i can see the reasons he's moving on

Yeah I saw that. I am
More nervous about lacking strikers to be honest. It seems Caulker has been chosen over Daws. I can understand people are tinkled. But that's life.

Caulker is only 20 so doesnt count towards our 25, nor does Harry Kane, which means theres easily enough space for Dawson on the squad.

Bearing in mind Gallas is 35, we know he is not a long term option. Selling Dawson means we will only need to buy again when Gallas leaves, likely at the end of this season when his contract expires. Add in Gallas injury record last season, coupled with his age, and we could be looking at playing a significant part of the season with only 3 senior centerbacks

Such a shame to see Daws go because he easily could have been here for almost an entire career.

AVBs certainly putting his stamp on the squad, if Hudd goes too then we are losing two fine Premiership players just because they don't fit into one particular style of play. Risky. But the potential pay off is great.... exciting times!

Daws and King. Mod and Hudd. 4 starters in our best season all potentially gone in 1 summer. I know partly out of AVBs hand as I just said in the other thread, but its surprising to see Daws and Hudd leaving met with a "oh well we dont need them" reaction, when both played a massive part in a great season. Not weak players at all.

I dont think massive changes to our squad were needed. Plug the gaps, keep what we have was the general feeling on here a while ago.

Daws and King. Mod and Hudd. 4 starters in our best season all potentially gone in 1 summer. I know partly out of AVBs hand as I just said in the other thread, but its surprising to see Daws and Hudd leaving met with a "oh well we dont need them" reaction, when both played a massive part in a great season. Not weak players at all.

I dont think massive changes to our squad were needed. Plug the gaps, keep what we have was the general feeling on here a while ago.

Plug the gaps was the minimum.

If we can attempt to improve the squad further then why not?

King and Modric. Not in AVBs hands. Daws and Hudd. Didn't play all last season. Not really anything to slag AVB off about IMO.

The reality is that if we are letting AVB sell established Premiership performers just because of his system, he is here for the long haul. A minimum of 3 years, regardless of results. Short of getting us relegated, I can't see how Levy can fire him in less than that.

No point in giving him the keys, letting him tear up an established squad and rebuilding it to his specifications if we're gonna fire him after a couple of years without Champions League football

This is so fudging wrong.

No way should we be selling Dawson. He IS Tottenham Hotspur, he is part of our identity.

William Gallas is 35. Theres no doubting his quality, but this is surely his last season for us, and in top flight football...

This is so fudging wrong.

No way should we be selling Dawson. He IS Tottenham Hotspur, he is part of our identity.

William Gallas is 35. Theres no doubting his quality, but this is surely his last season for us, and in top flight football...

Would you rather we kept him and didn't play him?

Plug the gaps was the minimum.

If we can attempt to improve the squad further then why not?

Daws and Hudd were back up. Proven back up. I very much doubt we have better replacements lined up for these 2. We will get a first teamer for Modric, but I cant see us signing anyone better to sit on our bench. So, yes improve the squad - how does selling Daws and Hudd achieve this ?

Daws and Hudd were back up. Proven back up. I very much doubt we have better replacements lined up for these 2. We will get a first teamer for Modric, but I cant see us signing anyone better to sit on our bench. So, yes improve the squad - how does selling Daws and Hudd achieve this ?

Daws is fifth choice in my mi9nd, as a fifth choice center back he would not get many games at all.

Why do i think he was fifth choice? Because we're selling him.

Huddlestone? Do you know how much his year out has affected him. Yes he used to be a quality player, and he still could be, but if he doesn't fit into AVB's system then he's not much of a backup, as you'd have to change the whole system to incorporate him, which was one of the criticisms of Harry if i recall correctly.

I think this Dawson sale is a big BIG gamble.

He is the only 'old-style' British CB we have now. In fact most of the top teams have at least one rugged, 'up-and-at-'em' type of first choice CB:

Emirates Marketing Project - Kompany, Lescott, perhaps even Richards
Manure - Vidic, Possibly Jones in future
Arsenal - this is where they've often lacked in recent years, but perhaps Vermaelen
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Collocini, Taylor
Chelski - Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill
Liverpool - Skrtel

It is essential in this league imo. These type of cbs help you out when the going gets tough away to Stoke and the like. We can't always play the high-line, and in fact if we are attacked in our own half, the closer we are to our penalty area the more important the Dawson-type defenders are: they are more willing to put their heads where others wont. Away to Stoke last season Dawson was sorely missed. Imo we would not have been two down by half-time with him in the side.

I really hope we might have another 'rugged' type of cb lined up, even if not neccesarily a starter and just a squad player. The Dawson type of cb is vital in the PL, and that has to be our priority this year.

Also, what has happened between AVB praising him and saying he'll be the captain (have I got that correct?) and then now selling him?

Could they have fallen out and this time AVB wont stand for any 'odour' stinking up the dressing room??

King and Modric. Not in AVBs hands. Daws and Hudd. Didn't play all last season. Not really anything to slag AVB off about IMO.

And we missed them. Nelson and Livermore or Daws and Hudd ??

Time will tell whether we should slag AVB off over this. But its happening how and we all like to give opinions on it at the time, given we know their quality I'm not particularly pleased about his choice. Best case - doesnt harm us, worst case - we badly miss them when injuries kick in. I cant see much positive coming out of it anyway.

And to be fair I have a feeling that Levy has played a big part in this decision, taking the money. I thought AVB had recently praised Dawson.

Back