• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

This article in The Mirror by Andy Dunn is brilliant

As with most media, I like to copy it in here to starve the fudgers of clicks! Also Twitter is firewalled at work so I never see these things otherwise :(

Maurico Pochettino risks Man Utd gamble for one simple reason
Jose Mourinho's departure at Old Trafford has positioned Tottenham's boss as the favourite to become the next permanent Manchester United manager

The common wisdom is that Manchester United is a bigger club than Tottenham Hotspur so it would be understandable if Mauricio Pochettino defected to Old Trafford.

Jamie Carragher, in his newspaper column, said so on Friday.

Following that logic, what if United approached Jurgen Klopp, another highly-acclaimed manager without a trophy in English football?

It could be easily argued that Manchester United is a bigger club than Liverpool.

Not as decorated in Europe but more successful domestically, 20 top flight titles and 12 FA Cups to Liverpool’s 18 and seven.

The figures say, without question, that United are a stronger commercial force than Liverpool and have a broader worldwide fanbase.

But Klopp, one assumes, would not dream of leaving Liverpool for United.

Indeed, when he was asked if he wanted to be considered as a successor to Sir Alex Ferguson in April, 2013, Klopp declined, citing a commitment to Borussia Dortmund for the following season.

Lovely, but rare, loyalty from a manger.

And now, three years in, Klopp has a thrilling Anfield project in progress that he would not, for a millisecond, consider abandoning.

Should Pochettino be any different?

Spurs are a wide margin in front of United in the Premier League and have recorded an emphatic win at Old Trafford.

If they win at Goodison Park, they will restore the deficit to Liverpool, who have made their best start to a season ever, to six points.

Tottenham have a better squad of players than United and their new stadium, when it eventually opens, will be fantastic.

Old Trafford is bigger in terms of capacity but, quite frankly, needs more than a lick of paint right now.

Currently, United have the allure of being considered in that ultra-elite bracket of clubs. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, United and so on.

But things can change over time. There was an era when you would have had AC Milan in that category. I’m not sure you would right now.

Managing an institution such as Manchester United is clearly one of the greatest honours for a coach.

That, along with the financial largesse coming with it, is why it would be no surprise if Pochettino wanted to fill a role that has spat out its previous three occupants in the space of little over five years.

Manchester United has history and financial strength going for it but Spurs has potential. And better players.

The bottom line, of course, is that Pochettino will, no doubt, be tempted when United come calling.

Spurs, a bigger club, took Pochettino away from Southampton. United, a bigger club, might take Pochettino away from Spurs.

It would be a big blow for Tottenham if that happened but not the end of the world.

They have a collection of excellent players, a great fanbase and a state-of-the-art home to finally move into.

Should Pochettino move on, there are plenty of good managers out there. Look at the jobs being done by the likes of Eddie Howe and Chris Hughton.

Pochettino is doing a fine job at Spurs but as lucky as they are to have him, he is lucky to have them.

They seem a perfect match.

If he chooses to split that match and Spurs allow him to go without putting up a fight, one party is taking a mighty gamble.

And that party is Pochettino.

Im delighted to see the tide is turning in the media. Wonderfully refreshing to have some perspective.

If he is in any doubt come the summer, judging from prior casework in his book, he'll seek advice from those close to him about what to do. His wife will likely have a big input in that case.

For what gain though?
Levy may remember being bullied over Carrick and Berbatov. The longer they are linked without getting him makes it seems a failure on their part. Gives Spurs a global profile through the link and then sends a message for future would be suitors. Could prevent a very decent second choice joining as not wanting to be seen as second choice. Anything that hurts or disrupts a club with United’s resources is only a good thing for us in our current state - it wasn’t that long ago we were on the outside of a Sky 4 who enjoyed such a competitive advantage over everyone else that even coming bottom of that mini league was compensated with more champions league cash and scheduling benefits.

Poch seemed relaxed during the press conference before the Arsenal game the other day even when Simon Felstein was rooster blocking Dharmesh Sheth Poch was laughing and joking, he didn't look awkward or uncomfortable in the slightest. Obviously only Poch knows what he is going to do but the last few days are encouraging for us and not for United.

Again, unless LEVY fudges him, he is going nowhere...but I think it is important he gets appreciated. He loves the bond with the club, the fans...when we sing his name, it reaffirms everything he already knows. I'm prepared to go hoarse the next couple of weeks, so should you all...

Given I agree Poch will talk to his Mrs and As you are lucky enough to be at the games, can I suggest you encourage a slight tweak to the chant...

She's magic you know Karina Pochettino.... :)

Last night my brother (Liverpool fan) sent me a text saying Spurs are doing well but Poch will be going to Utd.
I suggested that Klopp will be going to Utd, not Poch.

Today my father in law said Merry Christmas, I hear your manager will be going to Man Utd. I suggested his beloved team are bankrupt and being wound up.

Family eh? Bunch of utter c*nts. Only have to speak to them at this time of year.

Back