• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Levy should just give Poch whatever it takes ... Levy is not a gambler but i think this would be a critical step forward in securing Poch to build on the success and shove it down everyone else's throat that we are here to stay and only on the up.

Graham Roberts has waded in as well. These guys have a profile and they need to get on the media circus and really slam people like Neville and Tyler. fudging tossers

Absolutely. This, for me, is related to what Poch was talking about the other day. We, as a club, shouldn't sit back and accept the negative press. We're as good an option for a football manager as Man United. They may have more resources and support than us, we have a better squad, we stand a better chance than them of getting CL football next season, we have a brand spanking new stadium that bricks all over OT on the way, we have a chairman and board with a plan and we aren't firing managers every second year. Like you say, every ex player with a love for the club should be getting themselves out there now and slamming United and their media mouthpieces.

fudge United. All this flimflam about them being a club with traditions and doing things the right/United way. Well this is fudging classless in the extreme.

After today's display I expect the media to really ramp up the utd move, if only to disrupt us.

I expect us to use that to our advantage this time around as i really don't think he's off and he can create a bit of a siege mentality with it all - early signs are good that it's not playing on the teams mind, though that was true of when Redknapp was linked with England initially too

Last edited:
Absolutely. This, for me, is related to what Poch was talking about the other day. We, as a club, shouldn't sit back and accept the negative press. We're as good an option for a football manager as Man United. They may have more resources and support than us, we have a better squad, we stand a better chance than them of getting CL football next season, we have a brand spanking new stadium that bricks all over OT on the way, we have a chairman and board with a plan and we aren't firing managers every second year. Like you say, every ex player with a love for the club should be getting themselves out there now and slamming United and their media mouthpieces.

fudge United. All this flimflam about them being a club with traditions and doing things the right/United way. Well this is fudging classless in the extreme.

The way everyone around Utd is behaving around this shows two things:

1. How far they have fallen.
2. How desperate they have become.

The way everyone around Utd is behaving around this shows two things:

1. How far they have fallen.
2. How desperate they have become.

Exactly. Our not responding directly is the ultimate middle finger. If we release a statement or buy into the 'rumours' we lower ourselves to their level and leave ourselves open to fuelling even more speculation.

'They've released a statement, they're appeasing the fans, he's definitely off then' etc etc.

Keep it quiet. Keep it dignified. Announce a new Poch contract extension as soon as the season is over... Or better yet do it on the day of the stadium unveiling.

I expect us to use that to our advantage this time around as i really don't think he's off and he can create a bit of a siege meteorology with it all - early signs are good that it's not playing on the teams mind, though that was true of when Redknapp was linked with England initially too

IIRC, we smashed Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 or 5-1 and then didn't win a league game in 5 after that so it was only 1 game where we played well and didn't let it affect us. Think we also drew to Stevenage in the FA Cup and needed a replay to knock them out?

The players and Poch seem very relaxed about it, in public anyway. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried but I feel more confident Poch will stay than I was about Redknapp being our manager for the next season.

He had them eating out of his hand. Couldn't find a present for his wife so the scoreline would have to do.

They had Eriksen on later and he came across brilliantly too. Bigged up Sissoko.
I just watched it. It makes sense now. He bought her nothing.

Print her off a voucher Poch?

This is absolutely on the money! Poch will love the fight back he is seeing. I guarantee that PR Simon's rebuke of that Sky tosser the other day was warmly appreciated by Poch. This is not just a job for him, it is a spiritual pursuit, a passion, and he is emotionally connected with the club. I think it is very important to reinforce that this emotional connection is shared. I think it will end up being the greatest fudge you to Man U for many years. And I think it is wonderful.

giphy.gif

Back